i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since installing Big Sur, I'm not able to play certain radio shows under Apple Music. For example, "The Zane Lowe Show", "The Ebro Show", etc. When I click on play it tries to play it but it never starts. The cover art and timeline flicker.

Does anyone have the same problem?

I'm using OpenCore 0.7.1 (the most current configuration CaseySJ provided in this thread).

btw: In general, Apple Music works. I can play music no matter if it's from the online catalog or my own. Also Apple Music 1 is working. The problem is exclusive to my Hackintosh.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
I was looking at the documentation for "IntelMausi 1.0.7" that ships with @CaseySJ OC 71 release and it states:
  • Added force WOL support (mausi-force-wol device property or -mausiwol boot argument)
Does this mean I can rock a boot arg on NVRAM->Add->boot-args within OpenCore Configurator and not need to recompile this for WOL support???

Thanks!
@CaseySJ @zedoc I can confirm adding the -mausiwol boot argument does indeed enable WOL :)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since installing Big Sur, I'm not able to play certain radio shows under Apple Music. For example, "The Zane Lowe Show", "The Ebro Show", etc. When I click on play it tries to play it but it never starts. The cover art and timeline flicker.

Does anyone have the same problem?

I'm using OpenCore 0.7.1 (the most current configuration CaseySJ provided in this thread).

btw: In general, Apple Music works. I can play music no matter if it's from the online catalog or my own. Also Apple Music 1 is working. The problem is exclusive to my Hackintosh.
Some questions:
  • When you say "In general, Apple Music works" do you mean that Apple Music on the Hackintosh works in all cases except for those two radio shows?
  • You have a paid subscription to Apple Music?
  • Do other radio shows (that require Apple Music subscription) work properly?
  • Have you tried signing out of Apple Music and signing back in?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some questions:
  • When you say "In general, Apple Music works" do you mean that Apple Music on the Hackintosh works in all cases except for those two radio shows?
  • You have a paid subscription to Apple Music?
  • Do other radio shows (that require Apple Music subscription) work properly?
  • Have you tried signing out of Apple Music and signing back in?

Update: After your question if any radio show from the paid subscription is working, I took a closer look at the problem. Apparently I have a bigger problem on the Hackintosh than I thought. I can't seem to access a lot of of the paid content. A lot of songs from Apple Music won't play if I try to stream them but also won't play after I downloaded them.

Does this issue sound familiar in the Hackintosh context, or do you think I need to look elsewhere for a solution?
  • When you say "In general, Apple Music works" do you mean that Apple Music on the Hackintosh works in all cases except for those two radio shows? I mean that Apple Music works on the Hackintosh in all cases except for a lot of radio shows. The two shows listed were just an example because I hoped that someone could try if they work for them.
  • You have a paid subscription to Apple Music? Yes. The issue is exclusive to my Hackintosh. It works on all my other devices and was working on the Hackintosh before upgrading to Big Sur.
  • Do other radio shows (that require Apple Music subscription) work properly? I haven't found one (radio show that requires an Apple Music subscription) that is working (very good point!). The free radio shows like Apple Music One are working.
  • Have you tried signing out of Apple Music and signing back in? I just tried it. It doesn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Admittedly the following is buried deep inside Post 1, but:

Regarding eGPUs, the only way to use them reliably is by flashing the Thunderbolt firmware. The 6900 XT is a monster; the 5700 XT has no compelling reason to coexist on the same machine! :) I would not recommend an eGPU. Instead, in today’s hot GPU market, why not sell the 5700 XT instead? You can recover the money you spent on one or both of the new 28” monitors…
Just curious what I can do to optimize the geekbench scores other than setting SMBIOS? I currently am using iMac 20,2, and I'm getting 168,000 on the metal score with the 6900XT. However, I've been seeing many users get 200,000+ with a 6800XT. They are usually using MacPro, or iMacPro, but sometimes they too are rocking iMac20,2. Seems your EFI already has the bootargs others are using... SMBIOS might be all that's left right?

Is it safe to just change the System Product name, while leaving the serial numbers and UUID, MLB and ROMs unchanged??

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CaseySJ - you are a very patient man! I'm experiencing lack of oxygen recently in this forum!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update: After your question if any radio show from the paid subscription is working, I took a closer look at the problem. Apparently I have a bigger problem on the Hackintosh than I thought. I can't seem to access a lot of of the paid content. A lot of songs from Apple Music won't play if I try to stream them but also won't play after I downloaded them.

Does this issue sound familiar in the Hackintosh context, or do you think I need to look elsewhere for a solution?
  • When you say "In general, Apple Music works" do you mean that Apple Music on the Hackintosh works in all cases except for those two radio shows? I mean that Apple Music works on the Hackintosh in all cases except for a lot of radio shows. The two shows listed were just an example because I hoped that someone could try if they work for them.
  • You have a paid subscription to Apple Music? Yes. The issue is exclusive to my Hackintosh. It works on all my other devices and was working on the Hackintosh before upgrading to Big Sur.
  • Do other radio shows (that require Apple Music subscription) work properly? I haven't found one (radio show that requires an Apple Music subscription) that is working (very good point!). The free radio shows like Apple Music One are working.
  • Have you tried signing out of Apple Music and signing back in? I just tried it. It doesn't solve the problem.
@CaseySJ turning off lossless solved the problem largely but radio shows still won't play. Weird...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ turning off lossless solved the problem largely but radio shows still won't play. Weird...
Are you able to log into the Mac App Store on the Hackintosh (yes, the App Store)? If so, are you able to download and install any software updates or 'purchase' a free app?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Is it safe to just change the System Product name, while leaving the serial numbers and UUID, MLB and ROMs unchanged??
We should log out of iCloud before changing the System Product Name. It's okay to keep same serial numbers, but avoid logging back into iCloud until the system product name has been restored to its original value.