Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Update: After your question if any radio show from the paid subscription is working, I took a closer look at the problem. Apparently I have a bigger problem on the Hackintosh than I thought. I can't seem to access a lot of of the paid content. A lot of songs from Apple Music won't play if I try to stream them but also won't play after I downloaded them.

Does this issue sound familiar in the Hackintosh context, or do you think I need to look elsewhere for a solution?
  • When you say "In general, Apple Music works" do you mean that Apple Music on the Hackintosh works in all cases except for those two radio shows? I mean that Apple Music works on the Hackintosh in all cases except for a lot of radio shows. The two shows listed were just an example because I hoped that someone could try if they work for them.
  • You have a paid subscription to Apple Music? Yes. The issue is exclusive to my Hackintosh. It works on all my other devices and was working on the Hackintosh before upgrading to Big Sur.
  • Do other radio shows (that require Apple Music subscription) work properly? I haven't found one (radio show that requires an Apple Music subscription) that is working (very good point!). The free radio shows like Apple Music One are working.
  • Have you tried signing out of Apple Music and signing back in? I just tried it. It doesn't solve the problem.
@CaseySJ turning off lossless solved the problem largely but radio shows still won't play. Weird...

@CaseySJ turning off lossless solved the problem largely but radio shows still won't play. Weird...
Are you able to log into the Mac App Store on the Hackintosh (yes, the App Store)? If so, are you able to download and install any software updates or 'purchase' a free app?

Is it safe to just change the System Product name, while leaving the serial numbers and UUID, MLB and ROMs unchanged??
We should log out of iCloud before changing the System Product Name. It's okay to keep same serial numbers, but avoid logging back into iCloud until the system product name has been restored to its original value.

CaseySJ - you are a very patient man! I'm experiencing lack of oxygen recently in this forum!
There are several ways to interpret lack of oxygen. One of them might be that the flurry of activity has subsided, which would not be incorrect. Sometimes we have to take a breather, which by definition consumes oxygen, making less of it available here. :)

After developing the HackinDROM App (@Inqnuam), solving the long-standing Antelope Audio problem (@Elias64Fr), fixing Ethernet and WiFi issues with AppleVTD (@yosoyoco), and installing Monterey Public Beta, one can conclude that there are now that many fewer topics to discuss and resolve!

Activity does pick up at the beginning of every month when new versions of OpenCore and other Acidanthera kexts are released.

Last edited:
Are you able to log into the Mac App Store on the Hackintosh (yes, the App Store)? If so, are you able to download and install any software updates or 'purchase' a free app?
Yes, I can use the App Store for updates or purchases.

@ CaseySJ - I've enjoyed all 695 pages of this forum plus the over 3200 pages of your Z390 thread. Others could answer most of their questions if they would just take some time and learn. Your awesome. Thanks!

Others could answer most of their questions if they would just take some time and learn.
You remember RehabMan correct ? Here's a sample of five of his posts from March 10, 2019.
Looks like he came to the same conclusion.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

@ CaseySJ - I've enjoyed all 695 pages of this forum plus the over 3200 pages of your Z390 thread. Others could answer most of their questions if they would just take some time and learn. Your awesome. Thanks!
Wow, that is quite a feat! If I get impatient from time to time I think you are in the best position to see why. After repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, it becomes impossible to remain patient. :)

We have guides for this very reason. In other words imagine an airport without signs or even gate numbers. Everyone would therefore need to ask for directions all the time. By putting up the signs, everyone helps themselves instead. But if some people choose not to read the signs, then what can we do??

Thanks again !
Were you aware that Windows, although on a separate disk, can interfere with working BT, needing a cold start and NVRAM reset?

@CaseySJ
I have congratulated you so many times for your patience and outstanding follow up for the benefit of the community, always repeating for the 20th time advice with the same calm and/or sense of humor :).
The past few days have been rush with some requests requiring many answers...
I solved out my BT issue in BS and Monterey with a cold restart and clear NVRAM (as suggested by another user), because of my separate Windows installation.
Were you aware of the issue?
I honestly did not see anywhere in the topic, although trying to follow up on a daily basis !
Thanks again...

I solved out my BT issue in BS and Monterey with a cold restart and clear NVRAM (as suggested by another user), because of my separate Windows installation.
Were you aware of the issue?
I honestly did not see anywhere in the topic, although trying to follow up on a daily basis !
Thanks again...
Hello @MacArthur,

Although I haven’t mentioned this in the guide itself, I don’t recommend installing Broadcom drivers in Windows. Windows will therefore use the Intel WiFi/BT module exclusively. And Windows will not interfere with the Broadcom WiFi/BT module, which means macOS will not suffer.

Back