RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update on my setup and 2 issues I am currently facing on Big Sur 11.5 (20G70) and Monterey 12.0 public ß2 (21A5284e).
Booting through OC 0.71 from Mini Guide (after USBInjectAll issue fixed) AMD IntelWireless WIFI.

- On Big Sur Wifi and both Ethernet ports are working BUT No Bluetooth available.
- On Monterey Wifi and Ethernet port are working BUT no Bluetooth and no i225-V Ethernet port available.

I have triple checked everything in the config.list and need your input as I don't have clue anymore to solve it out.
Most likely a small thing I missed....
Thanks in advance as usual :)

If you boot Windows at all then that will inject its own firmware to the Bluetooth chip. The only way to clear it is a cold boot (turn power off / pull power cable for 10 seconds)

You also need bluetoolfixup.kext and then set up min and max versions in your config.plist for the, now, 3 bluetooth kexts. 1 is common between Big Sur and Monterey but the other 2 are mutually exclusive to each other.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If you boot Windows at all then that will inject its own firmware to the Bluetooth chip. The only way to clear it is a cold boot (turn power off / pull power cable for 10 seconds)

You also need bluetoolfixup.kext and then set up min and max versions in your config.plist for the, now, 3 bluetooth kexts. 1 is common between Big Sur and Monterey but the other 2 are mutually exclusive to each other.

Thanks a lot @Ploddles !
I think this is a real interesting contribution and for me a major improvement.
Although I follow this topic everyday I did not see these finding anywhere so far.

To sum up:
- I run OC 0.71 AMDgraphic card IntelWIFI from Mini guide CaseySJ without any changes.
- I have Windows installed on a separate disk, neither the one where BS is installed, nor the one where Monterey is installed. BS and Monterey are of course on 2 separate disks too.
- With this setup WIFI is OK, but BT is not working on BS, BT and Ethernet2 are not working on Monterey.

After a cold startup AND a reset of NVRAM:
- I can get BT on BS and on Monterey. WIFI remains OK.
- Ethernet2 is still not working on Monterey.

I can easily switch between BS and Monterey without cold start and reset NVRAM. My BT is maintained on both OS but Ethernet 2 obviously still doe not work on Monterey.
If then I open a Windows session, I'll need to go back to cold start and reset NVRAM to be back to working BT.

I don't have enough skills to consider if Windows if a potential culprit for being unable to get working Ethernet2, even with a cold start and a reset NVRAM.

I will of course be very much interested to get @CaseySJ feeling and maybe some additional recommendations in his initial topic.
Once again thanks to everyone for your shares and input !

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@MacArthur,

The Ethernet2 problem in Monterey is happening to me as well (i225-V port). Haven’t found a solution yet.

Maybe someone that does not have this problem in Monterey can post their EFI folder with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo. Then we can check for differences.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can we just use our system DMAR in SSDT-DMAR our do we have to add some specific code ? The z590 Vision D DMAR is a bit shorter than the z490 Vision D version. Also what does SSDT-DMAC do?
We can use our own SSDT-DMAR? But we should remove all FixedRegion sections. I posted an example couple weeks ago (currently replying on iPhone so let me know if you cannot find it).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@MacArthur,

The Ethernet2 problem in Monterey is happening to me as well (i225-V port). Haven’t found a solution yet.

Maybe someone that does not have this problem in Monterey can post their EFI folder with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo. Then we can check for differences.

Thanks again !
Were you aware that Windows, although on a separate disk, can interfere with working BT, needing a cold start and NVRAM reset?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Do I understand correctly that DMAR/AppleVTD is an option to enable Thunderbolt networking for "ICM mode" Thunderbolt since modern real Macs include "Extended Mode" Thunderbolt, which quietly include Thunderbolt Networking, AVB.. within their Thunderbolt mechanics so don't need or include AppleVTD ? My M1 Mac doesn't have AppleVTD, but all Thunderbolt Networking, AVB etc works.

Thx Jeff
Hello Jeff,

While Apple’s Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter just requires AppleVTD, Thunderbolt Networking requires Thunderbolt Bus, which is enabled on Titan Ridge by flashing the firmware.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
I was looking at the documentation for "IntelMausi 1.0.7" that ships with @CaseySJ OC 71 release and it states:
  • Added force WOL support (mausi-force-wol device property or -mausiwol boot argument)
Does this mean I can rock a boot arg on NVRAM->Add->boot-args within OpenCore Configurator and not need to recompile this for WOL support???

Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Can we just use our system DMAR in SSDT-DMAR our do we have to add some specific code ? The z590 Vision D DMAR is a bit shorter than the z490 Vision D version. Also what does SSDT-DMAC do?

We can use our own SSDT-DMAR? But we should remove all FixedRegion sections. I posted an example couple weeks ago (currently replying on iPhone so let me know if you cannot find it).

If anyone needs it, the build I put on HackinDROM for Z590 Vision D has a working SSDT-DMAR.aml and SSDT-DMAC.aml.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just to close the loop on the issue with Windows 10 and MacOS not waking up from sleep, because of the Fenvi T919 card.

My spec: i7-10700k, Radeon 5700 XT Gigabyte OC, Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Bios F5a).

Replacing this card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WGS46PY/ with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 solved the issue for me and @dranose (if I understood it correctly)

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WGS46PY/ doesn't work. AFAIK many folks with the same hardware spec had no issues with this card.

Thanks @CaseySJ for the great tutorial and config.
Hey so my build has finally arrived! I have available a choice of a Fenvi HB1200 or a TP-Link Archer T9E+IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0. Will I have an issue with the Fenvi do you think? Many thanks. Alex

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey so my build has finally arrived! I have available a choice of a Fenvi HB1200 or a TP-Link Archer T9E+IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0. Will I have an issue with the Fenvi do you think? Many thanks. Alex
I have this Fenvi card and it works great for me. I mainly use Ethernet as the router in my house is quite far away, but it’s been great for bluetooth and airdrop etc.