Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ,

Hi Buddy,

Just confirming that I also don't need to use FakePCI kexts for Ethernet on Big Sur 11.4.
I disabled all FakePCI and Ethernet related Kexts in config.plsit and added the dk.e1000=0 boot arg.

OCC-Kernel.png

This is on Gigabyte Z490 Vision G booting macOS Big Sur 11.4 via OC 0.7.1
Also running with AppleVTD with no side effects found so far, system is just as stable as before.

Cheers
Jay

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ,

Hi Buddy,

Just confirming that I also don't need to use FakePCI kexts for Ethernet on Big Sur 11.4.
I disabled all FakePCI and Ethernet related Kexts in config.plsit and added the dk.e1000=0 boot arg.

This is on Gigabyte Z490 Vision G booting macOS Big Sur 11.4 via OC 0.7.1
Also running with AppleVTD with no side effects found so far, system is just as stable as before.

Cheers
Jay
I can also confirm the same:
  • On Big Sur and Monterey it is not necessary to use FakePCIID or modify Device ID to enable i225-V Ethernet port. Using boot argument dk.e1000=0 is sufficient.
  • On Monterey, however, the i225-V port does not connect, but this may be specific to my Z490 Vision D. Things tried:
    • Deleting NetworkConfiguration.plist file
    • Enabling and disabling AppleVTD
    • Switching from DHCP to DHCP with Manual IP
  • All of these configurations work in Big Sur using same EFI and same Z490 Vision D system. I will just wait for next Monterey Public Beta.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6900XT
is there a guide on how to upgrade? i tried replacing the efi folders with the latest oc release and then the files @CaseySJ posted on the latest release...then installed from catalina -> big sur. however, now i can't get it to boot into big sur. just getting a black screen.

should i start over and fresh install? or is there a way to save this install?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
is there a guide on how to upgrade? i tried replacing the efi folders with the latest oc release and then the files @CaseySJ posted on the latest release...then installed from catalina -> big sur. however, now i can't get it to boot into big sur. just getting a black screen.

Are you booting from EGPU or IGPU? try switching your display to other ports and see if it helps. Also did you use the Intel EFI?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Some questions:
  • What are you trying to upgrade?
    • Older version of OpenCore to newer version of OpenCore?
    • Catalina to Big Sur?
    • Both OpenCore --> to --> new OpenCore and Catalina --> to --> Big Sur?
  • If you updated OpenCore first, was the new OpenCore EFI folder able to boot Catalina?
  • If Big Sur is not booting, have you tried pressing and releasing CMD-V at the OpenCore Boot Picker to enable verbose mode, then selecting the Big Sur boot disk?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So, I need to build a gaming PC for my son and since I have the Asus B560-F Gaming board I decided to buy a i7 10700K CPU which I would use in my Z490 Vision D board for Mac and give him the Rocket Lake CPU. I installed that today and can 100% confirm that the Rocket Lake and AMD RX580 together gives the stuttering sound issues I was experiencing. With the 10700K cpu I have no sound issues from HDMI out via the RX580.

This just if anyone else is thinking about this type of combo note that there might be issues with Rocket Lake and RX580.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
This is being posted from my Z490 Vision D running Windows 10. This is the same Hackintosh with SSDT-DMAR enabled. Are you using the correct version of SSDT-DMAR?

In BIOS, I have also changed Boot --> Windows 8/10 --> Windows 8/10 Features (instead of Other OS).
Ok, I was able to solve the problem by creating my own SSDT-DMAR.aml, and I think it's because we use different BIOS versions. (I’m using F20.) Now everything is working fine and i can boot into Windows. In the screenshot you can see the differences between our dmar-files (left is yours, right is mine). Thanks again.

SSDT-DMAR_Differences.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX6800XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, I was able to solve the problem by creating my own SSDT-DMAR.aml, and I think it's because we use different BIOS versions. (I’m using F20.) Now everything is working fine and i can boot into Windows. In the screenshot you can see the differences between our dmar-files (left is yours, right is mine). Thanks again.

View attachment 524487
I am also on F20 because I was using Rocket Lake before and had no issues going into Windows using Casey's SSDT. Glad that your method is working

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Core i9-10900K
Graphics
AMD RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I can also confirm the same:
  • On Big Sur and Monterey it is not necessary to use FakePCIID or modify Device ID to enable i225-V Ethernet port. Using boot argument dk.e1000=0 is sufficient.
  • On Monterey, however, the i225-V port does not connect, but this may be specific to my Z490 Vision D. Things tried:
    • Deleting NetworkConfiguration.plist file
    • Enabling and disabling AppleVTD
    • Switching from DHCP to DHCP with Manual IP
  • All of these configurations work in Big Sur using same EFI and same Z490 Vision D system. I will just wait for next Monterey Public Beta.
Did you try a fresh install of macOS? Also did you try connecting the Ethernet to another router in case you have spare one lying around?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6900XT
Are you booting from EGPU or IGPU? try switching your display to other ports and see if it helps. Also did you use the Intel EFI?
used the intel efi, booting from iGPU...tried to the mobo display but didnt work

Some questions:
  • What are you trying to upgrade?
    • Older version of OpenCore to newer version of OpenCore?
    • Catalina to Big Sur?
    • Both OpenCore --> to --> new OpenCore and Catalina --> to --> Big Sur?
  • If you updated OpenCore first, was the new OpenCore EFI folder able to boot Catalina?
  • If Big Sur is not booting, have you tried pressing and releasing CMD-V at the OpenCore Boot Picker to enable verbose mode, then selecting the Big Sur boot disk?
1. older version of OC to newer version
2. Catalina upgrading to Big Sur

-i upgraded both at the same time. meaning i didnt reboot with the new OC and just hit upgrade
-ill try verbose