Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I have my latest z490 Vision D build up and working with everything that I have been able to test thus far.
I have the OC-0.7.1 AMD config working well. My question is it possible, to copy/clone an MS Windows 10 Enterprise install from a M.2 to another one that can beset by OC? The current install of Windows is not originally formatted GUID. So following @CaseySJ's guide for Windows and OC, that is necessary.

Last edited:
I have my latest z490 Vision D build up and working with everything that I have been able to test thus far.
I have the OC-0.7.1 AMD config working well. My question is it possible, to copy/clone and MS Windows 10 Enterprise install from a M.2 to another one that can beset by OC? The current install of Windows is not originally formatted GUID. So following @CaseySJ's guide for Windows and OC, that is necessary.
Good question. There are some third-party Windows utilities such as Minitool that can convert MBR to GPT.
  • Before using these tools, I strongly recommend making a clone of the Windows disk.
  • Software such as Acronis True Image can easily clone a Windows disk (from the Tools --> Clone Disk option).
  • When the clone is done, check if the cloned disk contains an EFI partition. If it does not, then use an app like Minitool -- on the clone disk -- to convert MBR to GPT.
    • Keep the original Windows disk untouched until the clone is fully ready.
  • Once the clone has an EFI partition, see if it appears in OpenCore Picker.

Good question. There are some third-party Windows utilities such as Minitool that can convert MBR to GPT.
  • Before using these tools, I strongly recommend making a clone of the Windows disk.
  • Software such as Acronis True Image can easily clone a Windows disk (from the Tools --> Clone Disk option).
  • When the clone is done, check if the cloned disk contains an EFI partition. If it does not, then use an app like Minitool -- on the clone disk -- to convert MBR to GPT.
    • Keep the original Windows disk untouched until the clone is fully ready.
  • Once the clone has an EFI partition, see if it appears in OpenCore Picker.
Will do, and thank you very much.

Hi @CaseySJ , it's me again, no NFO, no aliens around :) still the same hack I got thanks to your hard work for around one year now !
I don't know how you manage HackinDROM apps, when there are changes in your original EFI but I just discover that:
- If I create EFI with the one you posted in your monthly update for OC 0.71 AMD IntelWIFI 2 or 3 days ago (can't really remember) everything is alright.
- If I create the same EFI from scratch with HackinDROM apps (selecting motherboard, AMD GPU and IntelWIFI and then importing my SN), the EFI created gives me... no mouse again :( .
By checking the config.list generated I see that the culprit ( USBInjectAll.kext) is still not activated.
Just wanted to let you know...

EDIT: And I just discover now that today if we download the EFI from your post related to updated OC 0.71, USBInjectAll.kext is again disabled...
You are right! Thank you for pointing this out.
  • In the OpenIntelWireless version of the OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI, the file config-AMD-GPU.plist had USBInjectAll.kext mistakenly disabled.
  • This has now been fixed both in the Mini-Guide and in HackinDROM App.
  • All users of OpenIntelWireless should manually enable this checkbox:
Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 11.21.16 AM.png

Is there any real difference between using iMac20,1 and iMac19,1? Is it possible one might cause more trouble with activating iServices?

Is there any real difference between using iMac20,1 and iMac19,1? Is it possible one might cause more trouble with activating iServices?
We haven't observed any meaningful differences between those two system product names. I've been using iMac19,1 from the beginning.

I cannot find any Z490 Vision D to buy
How difficult would it be to adapt the EFI to the z590 Vision D?

I cannot find any Z490 Vision D to buy
How difficult would it be to adapt the EFI to the z590 Vision D?
@CODYQX4 has graciously provided an OpenCore EFI for the Gigabyte Z590 Vision D, which is available through the HackinDROM App. Please see posts 1 and 3 of this thread for instructions on downloading and using the HackinDROM App. In Post 3, simply select Vendor = Gigabyte and Motherboard = Z590 Vision D as shown below.

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.21.48 AM.png

Last edited:
@dehjomz has graciously provided an OpenCore EFI for the Gigabyte Z590 Vision D, which is available through the HackinDROM App. Please see posts 1 and 3 of this thread for instructions on downloading and using the HackinDROM App. In Post 3, simply select Vendor = Gigabyte and Motherboard = Z590 Vision D as shown below.

View attachment 524951
I'm not sure if there are multiple author versions on HackinDROM now, but I think that's my version there in the screenshot.

Back