Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
Is there any way to get the RX580 to play sound out through HDMI with breaking up on this vision board. This also happened on the Asus B560-F with the same card but when I put the RX580 in the Asus Z370-P sound plays properly with no issues. Could the i7 11700K RocketLake cpu be the issue or is it something else? The sound issue was the main reason I bought the Z490 Vision D board hoping I won't have the same issue.
Instead of using digital out port on the back, have you tried the green analog output? Does it work and is it stable?

My Z490 Vision D with RX580 is connected via HDMI to an AOC Agon monitor that has built-in speakers. There has never been an audio issue.

Could Rocket Lake be causing this? I haven’t heard of it, but maybe @dehjomz can provide some input. He’s using Rocket Lake on a Z590 Vision D.

Hmm, any UFOs landing in your backyard recently?

Sherlock Holmes: “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

So let’s go with the UFO theory. After those Air Force videos, we can put UFOs into the “possible, but improbable” category. ;)

On the other hand…
  • Try disabling the XhciPortLimit flag and enabling the 15-port USB SSDT (and unchecking the standard USB SSDT).
  • Also try CMOS Reset (then configure BIOS parameters).
:) :) :)
To be honest I really can't understand what's happening.
I'll go for your suggestions and keep you posted. Just need to complete some ongoing work I can't stop to reboot.
Hopefully it's only 5pm here... meaning you just start your Thursday and will be online before I go to bed. :)

Instead of using digital out port on the back, have you tried the green analog output? Does it work and is it stable?

My Z490 Vision D with RX580 is connected via HDMI to an AOC Agon monitor that has built-in speakers. There has never been an audio issue.

Could Rocket Lake be causing this? I haven’t heard of it, but maybe @dehjomz can provide some input. He’s using Rocket Lake on a Z590 Vision D.
I don't have the cables or speakers that take that analogue output. I have the HDMI cable from the RX580 connected to a Samsung TV. Even if I use my home entertainment system to push the sound out it gives this issue.

I don't have the cables or speakers that take that analogue output. I have the HDMI cable from the RX580 connected to a Samsung TV. Even if I use my home entertainment system to push the sound out it gives this issue.
Do you have both Big Sur and Monterey installed? If so, does this issue also occur in Big Sur?

Does your TV support AirPlay?

Do you have both Big Sur and Monterey installed? If so, does this issue also occur in Big Sur?

Does your TV support AirPlay?
Yes it occurs in both the OS but in windows it is fine. It was happening in win 10 at first but after installing AMD Catalyst the sound works fine there. TV supports Airplay as well

So you mentioned Airplay and I tested the sound that way and it plays perfectly. Only when I am fully in either Big Sur or Monterey it is cutting On/Off.

So you mentioned Airplay and I tested the sound that way and it plays perfectly. Only when I am fully in either Big Sur or Monterey it is cutting On/Off.
Contradiction?? So AirPlay is perfect but it also producing choppy sound?

Contradiction?? So AirPlay is perfect but it also producing choppy sound?
When using AirPLay no choppy sound only when in Big Sur fully the sound is choppy- if that makes sense.

m playing now from iTunes via Airplay and its playing perfect but if I turn Airplay off and go back to Big Sur it starts cutting On/Off. A very strange fault

m playing now from iTunes via Airplay and its playing perfect but if I turn Airplay off and go back to Big Sur it starts cutting On/Off. A very strange fault
I still don’t understand…

Back