Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

** OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI for Z490 Vision G, not D **

Can this be used to install straight to 11.4?

I tried to install 11.4 on a Vision G but I seemed to have a boot loop at about 25% install progress, perhaps the port limit issue? I assumed that would be solved here but I also don't know enough to fully understand how that solution works.

Yes you should be able to do so.
If you hit Cmd V while launching the installer you should be able to post a screen with verbose to confirm where is the problem.
I cannot get the verbose output during the time it reboots. I get verbose briefly but then the screen flashes and the Apple logo comes up and it's back to that, even if I hold CMD+V for the entire time.

My BIOS is very old, F7 almost a year ago, but I didn't want to take a chance updating as I don't know what effect that might have on using it as a Hackintosh. In researching I believe I saw some Vision G owners discussing a much higher BIOS version but it might have been for the newer Z590. Not sure if updating would help.

Or maybe I need the debug versions of those certain OpenCore files?

I cannot get the verbose output during the time it reboots. I get verbose briefly but then the screen flashes and the Apple logo comes up and it's back to that, even if I hold CMD+V for the entire time.

My BIOS is very old, F7 almost a year ago, but I didn't want to take a chance updating as I don't know what effect that might have on using it as a Hackintosh. In researching I believe I saw some Vision G owners discussing a much higher BIOS version but it might have been for the newer Z590. Not sure if updating would help.

Or maybe I need the debug versions of those certain OpenCore files?
Use Hackindrom app and create an EFI for your system.

@macier
As suggested by @suren6791...
This explains how to download the App.
Next post explains how to create an EFI from scratch (see enclosed).
YOu just need to select type of graphic card you are using (IGPU or AMD).
Then you have to import from previous config or to create your PlatformInfo data.
and then... the Apps works for you !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 14.48.38.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 14.48.38.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 59
This starts to be a long story with many trials... but that's the beauty of Hackintosh !
No pain no gain! ;) Couple more suggestions:
  • In the 0.7.1 config.plist, is ReleaseUsbOwnership turned on or off in UEFI section? It should be off.
  • Which version of BIOS is installed on your motherboard?

** OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI for Z490 Vision G, not D **

Can this be used to install straight to 11.4?

I tried to install 11.4 on a Vision G but I seemed to have a boot loop at about 25% install progress, perhaps the port limit issue? I assumed that would be solved here but I also don't know enough to fully understand how that solution works.
The Vision G EFI is pre-configured for 15 USB ports in order to avoid the USB port limit issue. But this means we cannot use USB 2.0 devices on certain ports. Please check the 0.6.9 Vision G mini-guide for a list of non-working USB ports.

I’ll repeat this info in the 0.7.1 and subsequent mini-guides for the Vision G.

If you’re using a USB 3 flash disk, then please tell us:
  • Is Serial Port turned off in BIOS?
  • If CFG-Lock disabled in BIOS?

Last edited:
@CaseySJ
Is there any way to get the RX580 to play sound out through HDMI with breaking up on this vision board. This also happened on the Asus B560-F with the same card but when I put the RX580 in the Asus Z370-P sound plays properly with no issues. Could the i7 11700K RocketLake cpu be the issue or is it something else? The sound issue was the main reason I bought the Z490 Vision D board hoping I won't have the same issue.

:)

- On both EFI (current updated EFI 0.71 from 0.70 and freshly 0.71 from your mini guide) ReleaseUsbOwnership are off.
- I am on F5 BIOS as you recommended in your initial post.
Hmm, any UFOs landing in your backyard recently?

Sherlock Holmes: “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

So let’s go with the UFO theory. After those Air Force videos, we can put UFOs into the “possible, but improbable” category. ;)

On the other hand…
  • Try disabling the XhciPortLimit flag and enabling the 15-port USB SSDT (and unchecking the standard USB SSDT).
  • Also try CMOS Reset (then configure BIOS parameters).

Back