Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Radeon R9 280X
Looks like your UAD driver is trying to communicate over USB 2 protocol. So the cable should be plugged in.
Interesting,

But it isn't supposed to happen, right?

All my units are TB2, wo why on earth this damn driver is doing that? (weird)

My conections are the following

VisionG >> Titan Ridge Rev1 (TB3 out) >> Startech TB3 to TB2 adapter >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> TWIN QUAD TB2

Is there a reason for the UAD driver try to use USB 2 protocols, knowing that all stuff are TB3 and TB2?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting,

But it isn't supposed to happen, right?

All my units are TB2, wo why on earth this damn driver is doing that? (weird)

My conections are the following

VisionG >> Titan Ridge Rev1 (TB3 out) >> Startech TB3 to TB2 adapter >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> UAD OCTO TB2 >> TWIN QUAD TB2

Is there a reason for the UAD driver try to use USB 2 protocols, knowing that all stuff are TB3 and TB2?
My speculation is that it uses USB 2 for controlling the device and Thunderbolt 2 for audio stream I/O.

Perhaps other UAD owners can chime in…

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ouch, looks like ioupsd is running, which is not good. I see you've already contacted the developer of CommanderProFix. Probably best to post your EFI configuration using HackinDROM App according to this:
Please see spoiler Create Report Archive.
Shall I post my existing EFI or are you suggesting I create a new EFI from scratch using HackinDROM?

Also, incidentally, I attempted to use HackinDROM to upgrade from OC 0.6.9 to 0.7.0 but it did not work after several attempts. Worked fine upgrading to 0.6.9.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Shall I post my existing EFI or are you suggesting I create a new EFI from scratch using HackinDROM?
Please see last sentence of my previous reply. Or just state which version of Lilu you are using. If it's the latest version then it's compatible with CommanderProFix, in which case it would be best to continue troubleshooting with the developer of CommanderProFix.

Also, incidentally, I attempted to use HackinDROM to upgrade from OC 0.6.9 to 0.7.0 but it did not work after several attempts. Worked fine upgrading to 0.6.9.
Unfortunately, "it did not work" does not help us help you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 vision G
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, all! I have just made Apple TV work on Big Sur 11.1.
My machine is Z490 Vision D with i7 -10700 and GPU AMD RX 5700 XT.
My machine is set to iMac 20,2.
I have OpenCore 064.
I updated from Catalina, and my Apple TV didn't work. So I did some research,
and I did this.

I opened the command line, and I paste line by line, and pushed enter
these are the commands:

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCEncode -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -bool YES
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDHEVCDecode -bool YES

After that Apple TV works.

I hope I help, but, before you do it, let some experienced users to answer my post. I don’t want to mess up your machine.
thanks dude... it's work for me. you rock !

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please see last sentence of my previous reply. Or just state which version of Lilu you are using. If it's the latest version then it's compatible with CommanderProFix, in which case it would be best to continue troubleshooting with the developer of CommanderProFix.

Unfortunately, "it did not work" does not help us help you.
Hackintool shows OC 0.6.9 loaded and HackinDROM shows OC 0.7.0 EFI but only OC 0.6.9 loaded.

Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 18.54.29.png

Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 18.54.43.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hackintool shows OC 0.6.9 loaded and HackinDROM shows OC 0.7.0 EFI but only OC 0.6.9 loaded.
If your system has multiple disks with EFI partition, it is possible that the system might be booting from the wrong disk. It could be booting from an EFI partition with OpenCore 0.6.9. We can check this by pressing F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen to open the BIOS Boot Menu and selecting the correct boot disk.

The correct startup disk can also be selected from System Preferences --> Startup Disk.

However, if your system has only one disk with an EFI partition, then let's do the following:
  • Mount EFI partition and expand EFI/BOOT and EFI/OC folders inside that partition. Post screenshot so we can see the date/time of BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi.
  • Also try Reset NVRAM by pressing space bar at OpenCanopy Picker. This will reset the startup disk, so it will have to be selected again from System Preferences --> Startup Disk.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If your system has multiple disks with EFI partition, it is possible that the system might be booting from the wrong disk. It could be booting from an EFI partition with OpenCore 0.6.9. We can check this by pressing F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen to open the BIOS Boot Menu and selecting the correct boot disk.

The correct startup disk can also be selected from System Preferences --> Startup Disk.

However, if your system has only one disk with an EFI partition, then let's do the following:
  • Mount EFI partition and expand EFI/BOOT and EFI/OC folders inside that partition. Post screenshot so we can see the date/time of BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi.
  • Also try Reset NVRAM by pressing space bar at OpenCanopy Picker. This will reset the startup disk, so it will have to be selected again from System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
Thanks Casey. You were spot on.

I have a multi boot system, Windows 10 Pro, Catalina and Big Sur so I must have been booting from the Catalina EFI partition which was indeed OC 0.6.9. Both are OC 0.7.0 now so OC booting correctly on 0.7.0 for both.

I haven't figured yet why some kexts are not loading and HackinDROM only lists some of the kexts in the kexts folder as loading including CommanderProFix as we discussed previously (I will troubleshoot with the developer as you suggested) but there are other kexts that are not loading. Is there a reason for that?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 22.43.04.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 22.43.04.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 22.46.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-13 at 22.46.16.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 15

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks Casey. You were spot on.

I have a multi boot system, Windows 10 Pro, Catalina and Big Sur so I must have been booting from the Catalina EFI partition which was indeed OC 0.6.9. Both are OC 0.7.0 now so OC booting correctly on 0.7.0 for both.
That's better!

I haven't figured yet why some kexts are not loading and HackinDROM only lists some of the kexts in the kexts folder as loading including CommanderProFix as we discussed previously (I will troubleshoot with the developer as you suggested) but there are other kexts that are not loading. Is there a reason for that?
  • SmallTree-Intel-211 is not needed because the Z490 Vision D does not have that port. We can remove it.
  • Codeless kexts (those that only have Info.plist, but no compiled code) don't show up in the list of running kexts.
  • I think the only issue here is why CommanderProFix is not working.