1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

it's a very old WDC Green 3TB disk.
The moment you said this, my thoughts turned to the possibility of a malfunctioning drive. If this is the only drive that fails during a long file transfer operation, it would be good to replace it (even with a temporary drive) to see if indeed the old drive is faulty.

Motherboard
Asus Z490 Prime A
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, it's very old... more than 5 years but to be honest I have gotten no errors during copying ... and it's never involved in these intense copy operations of my last days (just because I bought a new 8TB and I'm transferring lots of stuff on it)... the problem is that... this old WDC green doesn't come out of sleep correctly... and I cannot understand why...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, it's very old... more than 5 years but to be honest I have gotten no errors during copying ... and it's never involved in these intense copy operations of my last days (just because I bought a new 8TB and I'm transferring lots of stuff on it)... the problem is that... this old WDC green doesn't come out of sleep correctly... and I cannot understand why...
Is this a wake-from-sleep issue? In other words, when a large file transfer operation is taking place, the computer should not go to sleep in the middle of it. If it does, try disabling sleep from System Preferences —> Energy Saver and repeat the file transfer operation.

Also, if you have Windows or Linux on this machine, try the same large file-transfer operation there if you suspect it’s a macOS issue.

Motherboard
Asus Z490 Prime A
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is this a wake-from-sleep issue? In other words, when a large file transfer operation is taking place, the computer should not go to sleep in the middle of it. If it does, try disabling sleep from System Preferences —> Energy Saver and repeat the file transfer operation.

Also, if you have Windows or Linux on this machine, try the same large file-transfer operation there if you suspect it’s a macOS issue.
It takes place afterwards. The computer doesn’t go to sleep during the copy operation… but then after copying it goes to sleep till the morning… and when I wake it up in the morning I got that error.

in System Preferences ->Energy Saver I have everything disabled but the “put the disk to sleep whenever possible” option which is enabled.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Radeon R9 280X
Both of the internal USB headers are managed by a single USB 2 hub at HS02 on the Vision G. So if F_USB1 is active, it means F_USB2 is also active. They are “logically” the same port (HS02).

Please check connections. Also feel free to connect a USB device to the second port (to a port on the front of the computer) and post a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer —> XHC section (do not use the search field in IORegistryExplorer).
Hi @CaseySJ

I have noticed that Big Sur 11.4 has some USB issues, so what I did was a mapping of them and now everything is back to normal, including the HS02 haha.

Thanks!!!

PS: Do you know if the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Rev1 really need the internal USB 2.0 cable to work with UAD stuff?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It takes place afterwards. The computer doesn’t go to sleep during the copy operation… but then after copying it goes to sleep till the morning… and when I wake it up in the morning I got that error.

in System Preferences ->Energy Saver I have everything disabled but the “put the disk to sleep whenever possible” option which is enabled.
So it’s just a wake-from-sleep problem. I would suggest trying “Jettison” by St. Clair Software. There is a free trial period.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

PS: Do you know if the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Rev1 really need the internal USB 2.0 cable to work with UAD stuff?
Fortunately that USB connection is not necessary. It is only needed for connecting USB 2.0 devices to the GC-Titan Ridge.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Radeon R9 280X
Fortunately that USB connection is not necessary. It is only needed for connecting USB 2.0 devices to the GC-Titan Ridge.
Hey @CaseySJ ,

Ok I understand, but when I remove that cable my UAD stop working, there's an error saying "NO HOST", well, I put it back i really don't know why it happens.

NO HOST means it keeps flashing red/white and connection is not stabilished.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @CaseySJ ,

Ok I understand, but when I remove that cable my UAD stop working, there's an error saying "NO HOST", well, I put it back i really don't know why it happens.

NO HOST means it keeps flashing red/white and connection is not stabilished.
Looks like your UAD driver is trying to communicate over USB 2 protocol. So the cable should be plugged in.