Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hello @kirs-ua,

Which version of macOS are you running? In Big Sur we can use SecureBootModel “default” or “disabled”. In earlier versions we need to use “default”.

Beyond this, however, the connection dropping problem is an issue with the driver and/or the connection to the WiFi router. Also, if the WiFi signal strength at the computer is relatively weak, the connection may drop with higher frequency.
Thank you for replay, I'm under 11.4 with SecureBootModel set to “default”. My router in 3m away, when I boot under Linux no problems at all. So will wait for next releases of driver :(

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
UHD 630
There aren’t any prevalent problems with the i225-V. When you say it doesn’t work, what is the evidence or symptom? For example, please post a screenshot of “System Information —> Ethernet”. Also confirm that the Ethernet port is enabled in BIOS.
Hi @CaseySJ Currently, this is what I see. But the odd thing is, sometimes it shows the card in system profile and sometimes it says there is no card. I can confirm a working ethernet cable is connected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 12.16.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 12.16.53 PM.png
    485 KB · Views: 56

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ Currently, this is what I see. But the odd thing is, sometimes it shows the card in system profile and sometimes it says there is no card. I can confirm a working ethernet cable is connected.
Please try the following in Terminal:
Bash:
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist
Then reboot. Don't worry -- the NetworkInterfaces file will be rebuilt automatically on reboot. Then check Ethernet port connection.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Core i9-10900K
Graphics
AMD RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been already discussed, I’m catching up with the forum.

It looks like perhaps Apple has improved the driver a bit and now Intel I225 is now being picked up automatically. If I remember correctly it doesn’t used to be case without using Fake PCI kext to attach the PCI ID to the driver. I never used Fake PCI kext because one port was sufficient for me which was Intel Mausi one. Now I see both even without Fake PCI kext. Now I can move on to 225 one and remove Intel Mausi kext, which I have tested and I225 is still being picked up without using any Ethernet related kexts at all. I like lesser Kexts which makes the system more vanilla.

Is this the case? Or am I missing something, in case anything else has been changed in AMLs. Can you guys want to test it?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been already discussed, I’m catching up with the forum.

It looks like perhaps Apple has improved the driver a bit and now Intel I225 is now being picked up automatically. If I remember correctly it doesn’t used to be case without using Fake PCI kext to attach the PCI ID to the driver. I never used Fake PCI kext because one port was sufficient for me which was Intel Mausi one. Now I see both even without Fake PCI kext. Now I can move on to 225 one and remove Intel Mausi kext, which I have tested and I225 is still being picked up without using any Ethernet related kexts at all. I like lesser Kexts which makes the system more vanilla.

Is this the case? Or am I missing something, in case anything else has been changed in AMLs. Can you guys want to test it?
Unfortunately Big Sur does not yet attach the correct driver to our i225-V Ethernet port. It still attaches the 1GbE driver instead of the 2.5GbE driver. With FakePCIID disabled, do you see this?
Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 10.01.31 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
is version f5 absolutely necessary? downgrading from f7c to f5 has caused me nothing but issues, can't even get my gigabyte boot logo to show through my GPU, system only displays after entering windows OS.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
is version f5 absolutely necessary? downgrading from f7c to f5 has caused me nothing but issues, can't even get my gigabyte boot logo to show through my GPU, system only displays after entering windows OS.
  • 1000 users running BIOS F5 report no problems.
  • 1 user running BIOS F5 reports "nothing but issues".
Does this mean BIOS F5 is bad?

But if F7C runs well, by all means continue to use it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • 1000 users running BIOS F5 report no problems.
  • 1 user running BIOS F5 reports "nothing but issues".
Does this mean BIOS F5 is bad?

But if F7C runs well, by all means continue to use it.
Okay, I guess my bios isn’t part of what’s cause all my issues then. I will look at other things then. Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Core i9-10900K
Graphics
AMD RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Unfortunately Big Sur does not yet attach the correct driver to our i225-V Ethernet port. It still attaches the 1GbE driver instead of the 2.5GbE driver. With FakePCIID disabled, do you see this?
View attachment 520953

Yes, I see that driver. Which correct driver am I suppose to be looking at though?

Did it use to attach to this incorrect driver in the past as well? Or it used to attach to nothing at all? I'm curious if anything had changed at Apple side.