1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, CaseySJ.

I'm trying to add something to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

But without any luck to copy the file I want to replace there I'm going to try what you just suggest and see what happened.
Again, we cannot modify the /System folder in any way. But we can add a DisplayEDID-x-x.kext into /Library/Extensions (and rebuild kernel cache by typing sudo touch /Library/Extensions then rebooting) or into EFI/OC/Kexts (and add reference in config.plist --> Kernel).

Reactions: jd6
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, CaseySJ.

I'm trying to add something to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides

But without any luck to copy the file I want to replace there I'm going to try what you just suggest and see what happened.
Override files can go into /Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides instead. That's where SwitchResX puts them. Are you trying to do a mtdd or icns file instead of an override file?

JDL

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I tried 4 times to update to Big Sur 11.4 (Opencore 0.6.9).

Every time I have one crash during the upgrade, but then installation continues.
After installation it will crash and reboot after every login.

I was trying to update from Big Sur 11.3.1 on my Z490 Vision D which was rock steady.

Anyone had this issue ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI all,

I know that the recommendations when it comes to BIOS is to stick to F5. Is anybody running their config with F20? The reason I am asking is that, when booting my system with my 6800XT, I have no video until macOS is loaded. I mentioned recently that I fixed it by running 2 PCIe power cables to the video card rather than one with a splitter, and also unplugging/plugging the monitor but it worked only once. I tried to reboot the system so that I could boot Windows 10 but same problem reappeared. Reading several posts in the net, a few people fixed the issue by flashing the BIOS to the latest version (not necessary on a Z490). Just curious to see if people on this forum are running the Z490 with the latest BIOS which is F20. Thanks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI all,

I know that the recommendations when it comes to BIOS is to stick to F5. Is anybody running their config with F20? The reason I am asking is that, when booting my system with my 6800XT, I have no video until macOS is loaded. I mentioned recently that I fixed it by running 2 PCIe power cables to the video card rather than one with a splitter, and also unplugging/plugging the monitor but it worked only once. I tried to reboot the system so that I could boot Windows 10 but same problem reappeared. Reading several posts in the net, a few people fixed the issue by flashing the BIOS to the latest version (not necessary on a Z490). Just curious to see if people on this forum are running the Z490 with the latest BIOS which is F20. Thanks.
I do, everything works perfectly

Motherboard
Asus ROG Z690 Formula
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I do, everything works perfectly
f20 is working now. Also, with f20, if you enable VT-d, you get kernel DMA protection for Thunderbolt in Windows, if you care about such things.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My setup does not go to sleep at all. Have you guys ever faced with this problem?
This is most often caused by USB devices. What USB devices are connected to the internal USB header and to external USB ports?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Z690 Formula
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI all,

f20 is working now. Also, with f20, if you enable VT-d, you get kernel DMA protection for Thunderbolt in Windows, if you care about such things.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI all,

a few people fixed the issue by flashing the BIOS to the latest version (not necessary on a Z490). Just curious to see if people on this forum are running the Z490 with the latest BIOS which is F20. Thanks.

I'm running f20 on a Z490 Vision G and it works very well, no problems with macOS or Windows. However, Z490 Vision G does not have built in TB3 so that may be a factor ....

Cheers
Jay