Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello @Arron,

Some comments:
  • It is better to install macOS first, and then Windows, so that the Windows boot loader is installed in its own EFI partition. Please see this in Post 1:
View attachment 520417
  • Please double-check BIOS parameters. Ensure that Serial Port is disabled and CFG-Lock is also disabled.
  • If problem persists, press and release CMD-Vat the OpenCore Picker and then select the install disk. This will enable boot logs.
    • When the boot logs freeze, take a photo and (a) remove location information from the photo, and (b) size it down to about 2MB, then post.
Hi @CaseySJ ,

I am a little confused about the instructions regarding Windows. This is intended to be a dual boot system and I followed this
from your guide. "Recommendations for Windows Dual Boot:
If this system is intended to be a dual boot system with Windows, then Windows should be installed first."

Also, I installed Windows 10 to a separate SSD connected to a SATA port and have disconnected the drive to focus on the MacOS install.

I'll check CFG-Lock and enable boot logs. Thanks!

Hi @CaseySJ ,

I am a little confused about the instructions regarding Windows. This is intended to be a dual boot system and I followed this
from your guide. "Recommendations for Windows Dual Boot:
If this system is intended to be a dual boot system with Windows, then Windows should be installed first."
Oh yes, I need to reword that sentence. As long as the Windows SSD contains an EFI partition, then everything's okay. Technically it does not matter which OS is installed first. It only matters that the Windows SSD contain its own EFI partition.

Oh yes, I need to reword that sentence.
15259f18ffb09018e4c6846782d5a34d.jpeg

Oh yes, I need to reword that sentence. As long as the Windows SSD contains an EFI partition, then everything's okay. Technically it does not matter which OS is installed first. It only matters that the Windows SSD contain its own EFI partition.
Ok thank you for the clarification!
Also just checking, I should be using iMac19,1 opposed to iMac20,1?

Ok thank you for the clarification!
Also just checking, I should be using iMac19,1 opposed to iMac20,1?
Either iMac19,1 or iMac20,2 (not 20,1) is okay. If you're running latest Catalina or Big Sur, iMac20,2 is probably the most appropriate choice.

@CaseySJ You could also play the Sosumi sound with the Mac finder icon too.

Hello @Arron,

Some comments:
  • It is better to install macOS first, and then Windows, so that the Windows boot loader is installed in its own EFI partition. Please see this in Post 1:
View attachment 520417
  • Please double-check BIOS parameters. Ensure that Serial Port is disabled and CFG-Lock is also disabled.
  • If problem persists, press and release CMD-Vat the OpenCore Picker and then select the install disk. This will enable boot logs.
    • When the boot logs freeze, take a photo and (a) remove location information from the photo, and (b) size it down to about 2MB, then post.
@CaseySJ OK I have photos of the logs. What or where is the location information I should remove?

@CaseySJ OK I have photos of the logs. What or where is the location information I should remove?
If the photos were taken with a smartphone, they contain GPS coordinates of your location in EXIF metadata. On a Mac we can use the free utility EXIFPurge from the Mac App Store. Simply click here.

Another option is Photo Zapper.

If the photos were taken with a smartphone, they contain GPS coordinates of your location in EXIF metadata. On a Mac we can use the free utility EXIFPurge from the Mac App Store. Simply click here.

Another option is Photo Zapper.
Got it!

Attachments

• IMG_1424 (2).jpg
    IMG_1424 (2).jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1425 (2).jpg
    IMG_1425 (2).jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 37
Back