Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaymonkey,

I wonder if the Vega GPU is the culprit. The boot argument “agdpmod=pikera” should be removed.

@CaseySJ,

Update on my Sleep issue with the Z490. Vision G.

I went back to my original iMac20,2 config rather than using the Hackintool iMacPro1,1 generated config and after a bit more tweaking the system sleeps and wakes fine now. As a bonus the CPU also benchmarks a bit quicker. So all good for now.

As I suspected iMac20,2 seems to be a better match for this system, whilst the iMacPro1,1 config worked well it never felt quite as responsive as it should on a system with a i9 CPU IMHO. One other observation is that the fans when running the iMac20,2 config do not spin up as fast as they did with the iMacPro1,1 config. I did not change the fan curves in the BIOS ?

Now that I have the system running with the two configs I will do some more testing.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Plus
  4. Portable
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ,

I went back to my original iMac20,2 config rather than using the Hackintool iMacPro1,1 generated config and after a bit more tweaking the system sleeps and wakes fine now. As a bonus the CPU also benchmarks a bit quicker. So all good for now.

As I suspected iMac20,2 seems to be a better match for this system, whilst the iMacPro1,1 config worked well it never felt quite as responsive as it should on a system with a i9 CPU IMHO. One other observation is that the fans when running the iMac20,2 config do not spin up as fast as they did with the iMacPro1,1 config. I did not change the fan curves in the BIOS ?

Now that I have the system running with the two configs I will do some more testing.

Cheers
Jay
Interesting. I'm running 20,1. I updated my BIOS to f20 and there was some sleep improvement but if left long enough it still wants to come back to a half-life state. What would the big difference be between 20,1 and 20,2? My CPU is a 10700.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Has anyone had success connecting a UAD Apollo with Thunderbolt 1 option card to the Giga Z490 Thunderbolt 3 port?
1) I am using the Motherboard F20 Bios (April 2021 release), OC 9.6 iMac 19.1,
2) I can see the TB connection in PCI system information.
3) I have set the TB security in Bios to None
4) I have tried the Apple TB-3 to TB adapter (which I see now on UA website can be problematic), and now also the StarTech TBT3TBADAP which is recommended at UA site
5) I have installed the Big Sur UA software version 9.14.1
6) I have a PCI Universal Audio card that is installed and functions
7) When I plug a Nexus Google phone into the TB port is can be seen under USB3.1 in System information

Any insight would d be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 8.54.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 8.54.34 AM.png
    444 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 9.03.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 9.03.00 AM.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 25
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
I cannot seem to sign into my App Store any more. All other iServices seems to be working. I am using iMac20,2 serial generated by genSMBIOS with my ethernet MAC address (colon removed) as my ROM. It worked fine until I tried to update my apps a few days ago. Any suggestion?

Update: Search found the solution. Had to delete the networkpreference.plist and restart as there was no en0 adaptor in my network config.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
One more questions: when I shutdown my Hackintosh, it automatically restarts. I remember this used to be a problem with clover config, but I am not sure why this happening with my opencore setup.

Update: looks like resetting the networkpreference.plist also solved the problem.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone had success connecting a UAD Apollo with Thunderbolt 1 option card to the Giga Z490 Thunderbolt 3 port?
1) I am using the Motherboard F20 Bios (April 2021 release), OC 9.6 iMac 19.1,
2) I can see the TB connection in PCI system information.
3) I have set the TB security in Bios to None
4) I have tried the Apple TB-3 to TB adapter (which I see now on UA website can be problematic), and now also the StarTech TBT3TBADAP which is recommended at UA site
5) I have installed the Big Sur UA software version 9.14.1
6) I have a PCI Universal Audio card that is installed and functions
7) When I plug a Nexus Google phone into the TB port is can be seen under USB3.1 in System information

Any insight would d be appreciated.
Please try setting BIOS --> Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Boot Once.

I should have noted this earlier, but better late than never:

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 10.43.51 AM.png

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ,

Cheers
Jay
@jaymonkey,
The OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI that I uploaded for the Z490 Vision G uses iMac19,1 instead of iMacPro1,1. Regarding sleep, what change(s) would you say solved the problem?

@Inqnuam,
Something looks suspicious. The EFI folder I uploaded for Z490 Vision G specifies iMac19,1 but it looks as if HackinDROM app changes it to iMac9,1:
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 10.51.37 AM.png

I could have made a mistake, but can you check the two config files for Z490 Vision G in the database to see what System Product Name they are using?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
@jaymonkey,
The OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI that I uploaded for the Z490 Vision G uses iMac19,1 instead of iMacPro1,1. Regarding sleep, what change(s) would you say solved the problem?

@Inqnuam,
Something looks suspicious. The EFI folder I uploaded for Z490 Vision G specifies iMac19,1 but it looks as if HackinDROM app changes it to iMac9,1:
View attachment 519449
I could have made a mistake, but can you check the two config files for Z490 Vision G in the database to see what System Product Name they are using?
SystemProductName is applied to the build and not to each config.plist
In the database we have it as iMac9,1 for Z490 Vision G
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 20.36.20.png

But you can change it from there:
Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 20.38.50.png

Motherboard
GigaByte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got myself into trouble and haven't figured out a solution. If this is the wrong forum, please forgive.

1. Was running OC 0.6.8 with Casey's Airportltwm and Wireless and Bluetooth was working.
2. Decided to try the 2.0.0 Alpha and installed 2.0.0-3cc4d0b. Wireless and Bluetooth still working and now Sleep, Handoff, and Airdrop also worked.
2. Updated to OC 0.6.9 with HackinDROM. Everything worked. It made a zip of the previous EFI.
2. Saw that there was an update for Airportltwm last week and updated to 2.0.0-33f4fbb (not exactly sure that is the exact update as I didn't save that info but was after 3cc4d0b).
4. Rebooted and the only thing that appeared on the screen was the Apple Logo. Reset NVRAM checked CSV lock but didn't change any BIOS parameters. Rebooted and the machine rebooted properly, however neither Wireless nor Bluetooth worked. I could not turn Wireless on and there was no Bluetooth Preference Pane.
5. Decided to drop back to the EFI that HackinDROM compressed (previous EFI) but Wireless and Bluetooth still didn't work. Same issue no Bluetooth Preference Pane and could not turn wireless on.
6. Booted into Windows. Both Wireless and Bluetooth worked so it is not a hardware problem.
7. Booted into Recovery mode and ran verify on 11.3.1 boot disk. Rebooted but still not luck. Same issues.
8. Reinstalled Mac OS X 11.3.1 from Recover Disk. Reset NVRAM and rebooted. No luck. Same issues.
9. Got a copy of Casey's OC 0.6.8 EFI file for OpenIntelWireless. Configured the config.plist with OpenCore Configurator with platform info and the boot argument igfxfw=2 and Misc BlessOveride for my Linux Drive.
10. Checked Kernel that Aiportltwm for Big-Sur was enabled. The two OpenIntelWireless BT are also enabled. I didn't changed anything else in the config.plist file.
11. Booted and reset NVRAM. Booted again. Same issue. Cannot turn on Wireless and no Bluetooth setting pane. According to kextstat Airportltwm isn't loaded. Don't understand why, after starting over with Casey's OC 0.6.8 OpenWireless EFI folder, I'm still getting the same error. Is there now some LOCK setting that I should check that may have gotten reset? I remember there was something about that for Airportltwm at some point.
12. Going to try Casey's OC 0.6.9 OpenIntelWireless and configure it and try that. Other than that I cannot think of anything else to try unless there is a LOCK that I should be looking at. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rand