1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaymonkey,

Is sleep still failing on the Vision G? Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers redacted.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Hi there, if I am not mistaken in one of the very old posts in this thread you have mentioned that you were using the Logitech Mx Master 3. Is it the MX Master 3 for Mac model? if so, I have found the following minor issues which are somehow annoying. I was wondering if you had the same ones and if so if/how you solved them:
- waking up from sleep - it takes a while (5-10s) to reconnect to BT
- waking up from sleep - once reconnected to BT, the mouse is very choppy. You move the mouse then the cursor will follow then freeze a little while then move. so far only noticed this issue after waking up
- scrolling pages is not that smooth with free wheel mode on even if smooth scrolling is enabled. I start scrolling a page and suddenly it jumps quite a bit.
I move from the Apple Magic Mouse 2 to this one, but so far I am not too impressed despite all rave reviews.

Also, another thing, I have noticed is that while the mouse is frozen after wake up, I have no Internet connection despite being connected via an Ethernet cable (red port at the back). As soon as the Internet connection is re-established, suddenly the mouse is reconnected to BT. Note that this problem did not happen with the Apple Magic Mouse.

P.S.: I am using a combo WiFi+BT card with a PCIe x1 adapter (but it is not a Fenvi one, just an original Apple one).
Thanks.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is sleep still failing on the Vision G? Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers redacted.

@CaseySJ,

Yes the system is still not fully going to sleep, the monitor switches off but fans on the PC keep on running, pressing any key wakes up the monitor. Checking the console log shows no errors (wake reasons) when entering sleep so i don't think its a hardware issue.

I'm not sure the iMacPro SMBIOS is the best fit for this system, i understand that using the iMacPro SMBIOS solves a lot of OSX niggles such as DRM, and encoding issues .. etc, but the system does not feel quite as responsive as a 10 core CPU based system should.

I'm going to ditch the HackinDROM generated iMacPro config for now and go back to trying my iMac20,2 config and see how i get on with that, i will probably tinker with the system over the weekend, if I can't get sleep working by next week then i post my EFI for another set of eyes to have a look at.

Cheers
Jay

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaymonkey,

I wonder if the Vega GPU is the culprit. The boot argument “agdpmod=pikera” should be removed.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaymonkey,

I wonder if the Vega GPU is the culprit. The boot argument “agdpmod=pikera” should be removed.

It's a possibility ..... I already removed agdpmod=pikera

I'll try running the system with the Sapphire Radeon RX 560 Pulse from my other machine to see if that helps to arrow down the problem.

I'll let you know how it goes ......

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Q: Do I really need Whatevergreen with dual dGPU + iGPU?
I am running my current setup without it and it runs so smooth, I think.

Q: What are the tricks of WEG over native cards?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sounds good, picking up the board. Which OC version did you use and are there any other steps I need to get the Apollo Twin MKii to recognize that you can remember? Do you use UAD 9.14.1 drivers?
For some odd reason, I'm always using the latest OC. :)

1. In BIOS be sure to set Thunderbolt Security to No Security, and power on the UAD device before turning on the computer.
2. Yes, I'm also using the latest UAD 9.14.1.
3. You can also try the DTGP.aml and TB3.aml that you can find from Hackindrom site. It might work better for you. I'm also using the latest BIOS for this board, I believe its the 3.10.
4. Enjoy and start making music! :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Amazing Guide and resources CaseySJ! Always been on Clover so this was a bit of a learning curve. But I got most everything working mint by reading and following the guide. My new spec is almost identical, Giga Z490 D, i9-10900K and Radeon 570 OC edition. I got Wifi/Bluetooth and wired networking all working. iMessage Appstore and all the rest seem to be fine as well. Also, I updated to the newest BigSur 11.3.1. I learned a hell of a lot I didn't quite understand before.

I have one tiny quirk I can live without but was wondering if anyone has a similar weirdness, not too important, but hey I'm almost 100%.

Airdrop icon appears in Big Sur:
When I click into the Airdrop icon in the finder, it shows my phone.
When I click to share a photo from my phone, it sees Big Sur.
Then, when I share, it says waiting on the phone and no message of incoming file request.
Then, it just times out on the phone.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Amazing Guide and resources CaseySJ! Always been on Clover so this was a bit of a learning curve. But I got most everything working mint by reading and following the guide. My new spec is almost identical, Giga Z490 D, i9-10900K and Radeon 570 OC edition. I got Wifi/Bluetooth and wired networking all working. iMessage Appstore and all the rest seem to be fine as well. Also, I updated to the newest BigSur 11.3.1. I learned a hell of a lot I didn't quite understand before.

I have one tiny quirk I can live without but was wondering if anyone has a similar weirdness, not too important, but hey I'm almost 100%.

Airdrop icon appears in Big Sur:
When I click into the Airdrop icon in the finder, it shows my phone.
When I click to share a photo from my phone, it sees Big Sur.
Then, when I share, it says waiting on the phone and no message of incoming file request.
Then, it just times out on the phone.
Hello @supaMac,

I assume you're using a Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth module instead of the on-board Intel module. If so, please try the following:
  • Enter your Hackintosh serial number on Apple's support page here:
    • https://checkcoverage.apple.com/
    • If the website replies in red that the serial number is invalid, then you are okay to use it
    • If the website replies that the serial number is valid or has a support contract, then do not use that serial number and switch to another one (and test it)
  • If serial number is okay to use, then log out of iCloud on the Hackintosh
    • System Preferences --> Apple ID --> Overview --> Sign Out...
  • Also log out of iCloud on the iOS device
  • Now reboot the Hackintosh
  • Shutdown and restart the iOS device
  • Test AirDrop once again...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Q: Do I really need Whatevergreen with dual dGPU + iGPU?
I am running my current setup without it and it runs so smooth, I think.
In many cases WEG is not strictly necessary as long as we're using a relatively recent motherboard and relatively recent AMD GPU. Some video ports on some AMD GPUs may not work properly without WEG, but the only way to determine the exact circumstances is by experimentation.

If we want to enable the on-board HDMI port, which is driven by iGPU, we need WEG for installing a framebuffer patch.

In some cases HDMI or DP audio may not work without WEG. Again, it's a matter of experimentation.

To be safe, therefore, we always use WEG.

Q: What are the tricks of WEG over native cards?
The WEG website is a good place to look. The Post Installation --> Graphics forum of TonyMac is another good place.