Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

In next month's OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI update I'll change the device ID to 0x9D70 (709D0000) in the file config-Intel-iGPU.plist and enable FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext by default.
Thank you for your hard work:lol:

OC 0.6.9 Update

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/post-2247102

This morning I used HackinDROM to update to OC 0.6.9. I was running OpenIntelWireless 1.3.0 but after updating, I replaced the Big Sur version and am now running OpenIntelWireless 2.0.0 3cc4d0b from 2 days ago. I have google fiber and though I would test wireless network speeds. Here are the results

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.18.16 AM.png

I did notice that the download speed takes a while to get up to speed. Upload is much faster starting up. The only other issue I'm having so far is my Version 1 Apple Magic Mouse seems a bit jerky. My Apple trackpad is smoother, but also at times a bit jerky. Could just be the Version 1 Magic Mouse or maybe the batteries. I have a the shark antenna connected. Just thought I would note it in case others are seeing this as well.

BTW, sleep/wake works much better now without the YOUBO Wi-Fi board.

P.S. Did just have Wi-Fi disconnect and reconnect and disconnect and reconnect. Turning off Wi-Fi and turning it back on seems to have fixed that for the time being.

Rand

Last edited:
...I replaced the Big Sur version and am now running OpenIntelWireless 2.0.0 3cc4d0b from 2 days ago. I have google fiber and though I would test wireless network speeds. Here are the results
Because you're on Google Fiber, what is the expected download speed? 166 Mbps is too slow. What speed do you get if you disable WiFi and use wired Ethernet?

Thank you for your hard work:lol:
@jerrium,

I've modified FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio,kext to accommodate this change without requiring us to spoof the device ID. Can you please test the new version as follows:
  • Disable the DeviceProperty device-id by putting a hash mark # before the name.
  • Copy the attached kext to OC/Kexts folder.
  • Reboot.
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.10.20 AM.png

Attachments

• FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 41
Since 11.3 I’m having hard freezes. I found out it was caused by my Titan Ridge 2.0 with original firmware. I use a LG 5k for monitor.

I need to be on 11.4 because of my RX 6800 , so I decided to flash the Titan Ridge and have tried with different firmware versions.

But I just can’t get cold boot to work, and now I see that nobody seems to get cold boot and a flashed Titan Ridge working.
But did anyone here got it working on z490 vision d with the LG 5k?
If so what BIOS version and Titan Ridge firmware are you using?

Since 11.3 I’m having hard freezes. I found out it was caused by my Titan Ridge 2.0 with original firmware. I use a LG 5k for monitor.

I need to be on 11.4 because of my RX 6800 , so I decided to flash the Titan Ridge and have tried with different firmware versions.

But I just can’t get cold boot to work, and now I see that nobody seems to get cold boot and a flashed Titan Ridge working.
But did anyone here got it working on z490 vision d with the LG 5k?
If so what BIOS version and Titan Ridge firmware are you using?
My flashed GC-Titan Ridge also kernel panics on the Z490 Vision D with Big Sur 11.3 onwards. So flashing the controller is not a solution. I’ve removed the card for now.

Also have a look at this:

Last edited:
My flashed GC-Titan Ridge also kernel panics on the Z490 Vision D with Big Sur 11.3 onwards. So flashing the controller is not a solution. I’ve removed the card for now.
But I have been using it all day without problems with the flashed GC-Titan Ridge. Maybe 11.4 beta 2 fixed it?

Edit: I also changed PCI-slot from middle to bottom, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Edit 2: Using TitanRidgeMacOSFirmware.bin from DSM2 atm.

Hi, I would like to update my OC 0.6.2 to 0.6.9. Should I do all updates one by one patch version:
OC 0.6.2 to 0.6.3
OC 0.6.3 to 0.6.4
OC 0.6.4 to 0.6.5
OC 0.6.5 to 0.6.6
OC 0.6.6 to 0.6.7
OC 0.6.7 to 0.6.8
OC 0.6.8 to 0.6.9

Or I just can follow OC 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 guide? Also I would like to make changes for config.plist without replacing EFI folder with yours, because I am afraid to lose other changes I have done to my config.plist

So what is the best way to upgrade OC and kexts to newest version? I have hackintosh tool installed and I see there is option there to update kexts, is it safe? (added photo).I also use OpenCore Configurator for config.plist edit.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 23.32.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 23.32.18.png
    559 KB · Views: 47
Hi, I would like to update my OC 0.6.2 to 0.6.9. Should I do all updates one by one patch version:
OC 0.6.2 to 0.6.3
OC 0.6.3 to 0.6.4
OC 0.6.4 to 0.6.5
OC 0.6.5 to 0.6.6
OC 0.6.6 to 0.6.7
OC 0.6.7 to 0.6.8
OC 0.6.8 to 0.6.9

Or I just can follow OC 0.6.8 to 0.6.9 guide? Also I would like to make changes for config.plist without replacing EFI folder with yours, because I am afraid to lose other changes I have done to my config.plist

So what is the best way to upgrade OC and kexts to newest version? I have hackintosh tool installed and I see there is option there to update kexts, is it safe? (added photo).I also use OpenCore Configurator for config.plist edit.

Thanks
upgrade to latest

Back