Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

No problem at all with either WiFi or Bluetooth (Fenvi FV-T919):
  • OpenCore 0.6.9
  • XhciPortLimit disabled with SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml enabled (15 USB ports)
  • XhciPortLimit enabled with SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml enabled (more than 15 USB ports)
  • Works in both cases
View attachment 517651View attachment 517650View attachment 517652
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 1.55.23 PM.png

For some reason, my country code is different, I wonder if this is the problem?

View attachment 517655
For some reason, my country code is different, I wonder if this is the problem?
  • Did this problem occur in 11.4 beta 1?
  • Or only in beta 2?
We can force the country code to US as follows:
  • Download AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
  • Copy to OC/Kexts and add entry in config.plist
  • Add boot-arg brcmfx-country=US
  • Reboot and check Country Code

Update: Hmm, the above may not work... Should try anyway, but need to remove AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext from the PlugIns sub-folder of the kext.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 11.17.27 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Did this problem occur in 11.4 beta 1?
  • Or only in beta 2?
We can force the country code to US as follows:
  • Download AirportBrcmFixup.kext.
  • Copy to OC/Kexts and add entry in config.plist
  • Add boot-arg brcmfx-country=US
  • Reboot and check Country Code

Update: Hmm, the above may not work... Should try anyway, but need to remove AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext from the PlugIns sub-folder of the kext.

View attachment 517659
Well I haven't been using the Fenvi in several months, ever since I got a 10 gbps switch... I've been using my Aquantia AQC107.

I just wanted to try it out today and recognized it wasn't connecting.

I changed the country code to US by changing the prev-lang:kbd to en:US (under NVRAM->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82). After changing the country code as well as changing the router security from WPA3 to WPA2, as well as changing the 5GHz channel from a DFS channel to channel 40, the Fenvi connects!

But it does not connect to a DFS channel (i.e., channel 100). This didn't happen before. It's not that big of a deal since I don't need to use Wi-FI, but curious that I'm having problems now and I didn't have them when I last used this card months ago. I use channel 100 because no one else in my dense urban building uses it (according to Wifi Explorer) so I get maximum speeds.
Wifi environment.png

Edit: So I walked away from my desk, and came back nearly 30 minutes later, and the Fenvi T919 has connected to my DFS channel 104... go figure.

Last edited:
** Calling all Owners of Good Quality Hackintosh Builds **
We would like to add your OpenCore EFI folders to the HackinDROM database!​

Do you have a well configured Hackintosh based on a motherboard that is not listed below?
  • ASRock X570 Taichi
  • Asus X99 Deluxe II
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
  • HP Elitebook 850 G7
If so, we would like to add it to the database:

Phew. Good to know.

Uhm, could you please help me to understand whether it's configured properly or not?

Oh, CaseySJ, here you said there were a few adjustments to be made. What does it involve? And should it be done also if changing platform? Because I am asking myself if I am missing anything important by not asking someone to do it... like... "is it necessary?".
I maybe be totally off base, but to get HandBreak and VideoProc to use hardware acceleration, I had to enable this boot option: igfxfw=2. At least that is what I remember.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 4.59.28 PM.png

Sorry if this has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

@CaseySJ:

So, OC 069 has been released and I have one value that's driving me crazy. It's CustomDelays in AppleInput under UEFI. I have tried NO, false, Auto, which used to work but now does not, and it still spits out an error. I know you're working on the released OC 069 EFIs - do you know what value will work with this parameter now?

@CaseySJ:

So, OC 069 has been released and I have one value that's driving me crazy. It's CustomDelays in AppleInput under UEFI. I have tried NO, false, Auto, which used to work but now does not, and it still spits out an error. I know you're working on the released OC 069 EFIs - do you know what value will work with this parameter now?
CustomDelays isn't a String anymore but a boolean value
You can change it manually with a plist editor
or open that config.plist with OpenCore Configurator (set OC version to 0.6.9 Release) then save your file

If you made the update with HackinDROM App, click on "Reinstall OC" to fix it

CustomDelays isn't a String anymore but a boolean value
You can change it manually with a plist editor
or open that config.plist with OpenCore Configurator (set OC version to 0.6.9 Release) then save your file

If you made the update with HackinDROM App, click on "Reinstall OC" to fix it

That was it! Thanks! All done.

** Calling all Owners of Good Quality Hackintosh Builds **
We would like to add your OpenCore EFI folders to the HackinDROM database!​

Do you have a well configured Hackintosh based on a motherboard that is not listed below?
  • ASRock X570 Taichi
  • Asus X99 Deluxe II
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
  • HP Elitebook 850 G7
If so, we would like to add it to the database:
I do. I have a few actually! :D

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme i5 10500 & i9 11900K > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-xtreme-core-i5-10400-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 i7 8750H+1050 Ti
> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...10-13-6-intel-vram-trackpad-fix-guide.308477/

I am actually revising the EFI of my latest builds for the Z490 Aorus Xtreme. It's really minor but because I have both i5 CML and i9 RKL chips I may need to do two separate builds. I haven't as yet enabled Quicksync for RKL in Big Sur or Catalina but everything else pretty much works. Unfortunately enabling RKL Quicksync is very tricky.

@CaseySJ:

RE: Calling all Owners of Good Quality Hackintosh Builds

Well, my Z490 is very much similar to yours, so not much help there. But my Z370 config is with a 9600k, and it is IGPU only, and it runs just about everything, including Big Sur, Mojave and Catalina. However, NorthTransAm has a Z370 as well that is similar, (but he has a dedicated GPU) so maybe my config might not be of much use to you....but it's there if it's wanted.

Back