Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
macOS 11.3 will be released any day now. I'm running the release candidate at the moment, but I suspect the problem you mention lies elsewhere.

Can you list the exact steps taken to update the driver in your EFI folder?
I just replaced the AirportItlwm kext with the new version. Also tried the renaming that you suggested to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur and AirportItlwm-Catalina and adding those to the config.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just replaced the AirportItlwm kext with the new version. Also tried the renaming that you suggested to AirportItlwm-Big-Sur and AirportItlwm-Catalina and adding those to the config.
  • In the OC/Kexts folder there should only be:
    • AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
    • AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • In config.plist, only these two files should be referenced (not AirportItlwm.kext).
  • The spelling of the file names must be exactly as shown.
  • Then confirm the following settings:
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.54.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.53.27 PM.png

Motherboard
GigaByte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some months ago I asked about a problem booting Ubuntu on a system that has Mac OS X, Windows, and Ubuntu on different disks. I never was able to get OC to boot Linux (other two OS's booted fine). @CaseySJ has some excellent suggestions but I was never able to get it to work. Today I found a way that works by trying all of the methods given here:
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...inloading-a-efi-bootloader-grub2-systemd-boot

I could never get Method 2 (recommended) to work. I was able to get Method B to work but it takes a lot of effort to find the path and set up. Method A however works fine and is very easy to enter in Open Core Configurator.

By blessing \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.eif according to the directions in the above link with Open Core Configurator, I can now select the disk from the OC picker and it boots great! Using @CaseySJ 's earlier suggestions, OC Picker also shows a Linux icon and the correct disk name. Hope this will help someone else.

Rand

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Designare
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,
First let me recognize the importance and the help of this community. I'm truly grateful.
After a lot research and many disappointments, from a small list of issues today I got one solved.

I'm trying to create a Hackintosh with high performance and because of my lack of knowledge I get very frustrated when I can't get a better performance with my Hackintosh.
One of these issues was with Magic Mouse, I got the "sluggishest" Magic Mouse and now I found a solution. Without getting too technical about it, the Magic Mouse uses 2.4ghz and has a big impact on wifi and bluetooth connection. I tried everything I could think of, I bought another fenvi (1200) I bought 9 different mouse pads, I got Pringle cans opened to boost the signal, I moved the computer in top Botton, left and right side of the desk, I got a small desk with the ability of changing the height and in the end, the solution was to activate this simple feature in my Asus router: Bluetooth Coexistence.

How I got the solution? Crazy, but real. I noticed every time my phone was on the desk close to the Magic Mouse this worsen the problem. But I couldn't figure out what's wrong. I received an email notification of a new firmware of the router, ended checking the settings and found at the professional tab the bluetooth coexistence.
I hope this can help somebody out there. I found this explanation technically.

I use this Bluetooth Connection Quality window to monitor it.
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 4.55.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 3.43.46 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 4.53.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 4.53.21 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • In the OC/Kexts folder there should only be:
    • AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext
    • AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext
  • In config.plist, only these two files should be referenced (not AirportItlwm.kext).
  • The spelling of the file names must be exactly as shown.
  • Then confirm the following settings: ...
Interesting. So you both the Big Sur and Catalina kexts are active. I was under the impression that you only used the kext version for the version of macOS you are running, naming it AirportItlwm.kext. I did so because I didn't read about doing what you did. Doesn't having two versions of the AirportItlwm.kext cause confusion in the macOS?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting. So you both the Big Sur and Catalina kexts are active. I was under the impression that you only used the kext version for the version of macOS you are running, naming it AirportItlwm.kext. I did so because I didn't read about doing what you did. Doesn't having two versions of the AirportItlwm.kext cause confusion in the macOS?
A very useful feature of Hackintosh boot loaders (both OpenCore and Clover) is the ability to inject different kexts for different versions of the macOS kernel.

In this case we can see that a single config.plist supports both Catalina and Big Sur by making use of the MinKernel and MaxKernel fields. More specifically:
  • AirportItlwm-Catalina.kext is injected only for macOS kernel versions 19.0.0 to 19.99.99.
  • AirportItlwm-Big-Sur.kext is injected only for macOS kernel versions 20.0.0 to 20.99.99.
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.53.19 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.png
    2.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.png
    3.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 20

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm on Designare Z390 so my screen 1 and 2 above is a little different. The third screen is the same.
Have you seen the post directly above yours? Please try the changes shown there.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have you seen the post directly above yours? Please try the changes shown there.
Hmmmm. Tried those settings but no go. I do notice that under the MinKernal and MaxKernal columns, mine doesn't have anything for those two new kexts. I wonder if that could that have something to do with it? Here are my new screens.
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.41.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.41.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.41.44 PM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmmmm. Tried those settings but no go. I do notice that under the MinKernal and MaxKernal columns, mine doesn't have anything for those two new kexts. I wonder if that could that have something to do with it? Here are my new screens.
But you are supposed to add MinKernel and MaxKernel into your config.plist, which was the point of my last reply!