Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Bump please
Some questions:
  • Is this happening on your Asus X299 Prime Deluxe?
  • Have you already tried downloading the update and reinstalling?

I can confirm the update to macOS Big Sur 11.3 went flawlessly using the latest EFI bundle.

Some questions:
  • Is this happening on your Asus X299 Prime Deluxe?
  • Have you already tried downloading the update and reinstalling?
Yes, Prime Deluxe.
Yes, several times.

It takes a few minutes to download, asks to restart, goes to the update screen (black background, white apple, white timer bar) but then restarts after a few seconds. There is then no 'Install macOS...' entry on the open core picker like there usually is with OS installations/updates.

Stumped!

Yes, Prime Deluxe.
Yes, several times.

It takes a few minutes to download, asks to restart, goes to the update screen (black background, white apple, white timer bar) but then restarts after a few seconds. There is then no 'Install macOS...' entry on the open core picker like there usually is with OS installations/updates.

Stumped!
  • Is BlacklistAppleUpdate checked on?
  • What is SecureBootModel set to?
  • Much much free disk space is available?
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 4.52.32 PM.png

• Is BlacklistAppleUpdate checked on?
  • What is SecureBootModel set to?
  • Much much free disk space is available?
View attachment 516505
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 4.59.46 PM.png

After the first few attempts, I emptied a bit more disk space and now I have 45GB available.

Should I try to disable the SecureBootModel?

OpenCore 0.6.8, updated to macOS 11.3 with no issues.

View attachment 516506
After the first few attempts, I emptied a bit more disk space and now I have 45GB available.

Should I try to disable the SecureBootModel?
Yes, try setting it to Disabled. In the worst case — if you really really want to install the Supplemental Update — it may be necessary to try something drastic:
  • Clone the NVMe SSD to a SATA SSD that can be mounted in an external USB 3.0 chassis.
  • Connect this SATA SSD to a real Mac that is also running Catalina.
  • Download the Catalina update on the Mac (the full installer) and launch it. When asked to select a disk to update, choose the external SATA SSD.
  • Let the update complete.
  • Disconnect the SATA SSD and connect it to the Hackintosh. Boot the Hackintosh using the external SATA SSD by pressing F8 at BIOS Splash screen on the Asus to select the external SATA SSD.
  • When macOS on the SATA SSD is running, clone it to the internal NVMe SSD.

I have read on other threads that some users have an issue with the XhciPortLimit and USB ports when updating to macOS 11.3

I'm using CaseySJ's
SSDT-EC.aml
SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml
USBInjectAll.kext (version 0.7.6)
XhciPortLimit = true

Should this be OK if I want to to update to macOS 11.3 ?

I have a issue with USB ports after Upgrade to 11.3, I read that WE MUST MAPS USBPorts with Hackintool before to install 11.3, otherwise the USB don't works! Now I restart the preview 11.2.3 by backup and I will maps the ports... I'll let you know!
Thanks

I tested all 8 beta builds of 11.3 with no USB issues. Currently running 11.4 Beta 1 with no issues.

Back