Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Can someone please tell me why is my hackintosh not able to receive phone calls if my WiFi and Ethernet port are on at the same time. My hackintosh can make phone calls and iMessage, facetime work. However, every time when I tried to answer phone calls on my hackintosh's end, I got a failed message. It only happened when I use both WiFi and Ethernet at the same time. Is there a solution to that?

Can someone please tell me why is my hackintosh not able to receive phone calls if my WiFi and Ethernet port are on at the same time. My hackintosh can make phone calls and iMessage, facetime work. However, every time when I tried to answer phone calls on my hackintosh's end, I got a failed message. It only happened when I use both WiFi and Ethernet at the same time. Is there a solution to that?
If im not wrong in Hackintosh iServices are based on System's ROM and it can be the cause, so please open System Report -> Network and check if Ethernet's BSD Device name "en0"
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 01.03.43.png

If it is something else then go to System Preferences > Network and Set the order
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 01.06.48.png

Then drag Ethernet to the top of the list
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 01.07.03.png

I know AMD GPUs are very expensive and very difficult to find at this time so I will not harp about getting one! :) Instead, to make the best of the UHD 630 at this time, here are some things to try. No guarantees they'll work, but they're worth doing:
  • BIOS Setup --> Increase DVMT Pre Alloc.
  • BIOS Setup --> CSM Support --> Enabled.
If no help, try adding these Boot Args to OpenCore config.plist (one at a time):
  • gfxrst=1
  • gfxrst=4
If no help, then try these Boot Args as well (one or both at the same time is okay):
  • igfxagdc=0
  • igfxonln=1
By the way, what is the make/model of your monitor?
And are you using HDMI or DisplayPort (with a USB-C to DP cable)?

The NZXT Kraken Z73 is supported in macOS through Jonas Malaco's liquidctl. Instructions for installing and configuring it are located here:

However, for information about controlling the Kraken Z73, please see:
@CaseySJ, Under which section of my config.plist should I add these Boot Args? By the way, how much DVMT Pre Alloc should I increase?

NVRAM -> Add -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args
Sorry, but what is "7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82"? I thought that I only need to add
  • gfxrst=1
  • gfxrst=4
under boot args.
"7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82" looks like some sort of UUID to me lol! By the way, do you use proper tree to edit your config.plist?

Hi,

I would like to know if your VRS8 is 100% functional. In my case, sometimes I have a problem with the inputs. I can hear the audio input in hardware monitoring on the VRS8, but with Logic or any other software I can't. The issue isn't always here. Sometimes I boot the pc and the inputs are ok and sometimes not.

If someone can help me.

Thank you,
Hi, I have the same issue. I've learned to live with it. But its stressing sometimes. It seems to be completely random. I hope @CaseySJ can help us. Also I remember I fixed it somehow with my previous hackintosh (Z390 and Mojave). But, after Ii upgrade the issue was back. Like @CaseySJ said, there's not guarantee everything will work like a real mac, but it will be great to find the root of the problem. @jctmac Do you have Windows system and the Windows driver of the VRS8 installed too?

Sorry, but what is "7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82"? I thought that I only need to add
  • gfxrst=1
  • gfxrst=4
under boot args.
"7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82" looks like some sort of UUID to me lol! By the way, do you use proper tree to edit your config.plist?
If you followed the build guide in Post 1 you should be familiar with OpenCore Configurator. It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the Tech Talk section in Post 1, particularly the guided tour of OpenCore. All the questions you asked are answered there.

Well I brutally mounted EFI partition and using OperCore and replaced config.plist with the one used during installation. Having a Vision G, do I still need that kext tho?

If you take the time to read in post 1 the Modifications for Z490 Vision G: Section

4.Optional: Disable and/or remove IntelMausiEthernet.kext from the Kernel section. This driver is not used by the on-board 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port.

If you take the time to read in post 1 the Modifications for Z490 Vision G: Section

4.Optional: Disable and/or remove IntelMausiEthernet.kext from the Kernel section. This driver is not used by the on-board 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port.
Yes I took the time to read it otherwise I wouldn't have asked that question.
If you read my post carefully, I wrote that the kext is called IntelMausi.kext so I wasn't sure it was referring to the same thing. Yes, the kext description says it's for Intel i219 but still, having never dealt with this stuff I wanted to double check with CaseySJ.
Moreover, in his post he says to use IntelMausi.kext but why did he say it if I said I am using a Z490 G? Must have been a mistake.

Again, in my mind I thought I just had to delete it, but I had some doubts when he wrote:
We should use IntelMausi.kext and remove/disable the older one named IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Anyhow :) thanks for confirming I can delete it.

Last edited:
Moreover, in his post he says to use IntelMausi.kext but why did he say it if I said I am using a Z490 G? Must have been a mistake.

Again, in my mind I thought I just had to delete it, but I had some doubts when he wrote:
Quite right, it was a mistake. I'm always thinking "Vision D"...bad habit I know. :)

Back