CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PortLimit patch is set to True in my configuration, as I configured my own SSDT with Hackintool, as opposed to a kext.
once you have created your SSDT for your usb ports, you then disable: XhciPortLimit

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
once you have created your SSDT for your usb ports, you then disable: XhciPortLimit
I was under the impression XhciPortLimit is needed when using USBInjectAll + custom SSDT? You only disable it if you want to use USBPorts.kext instead? I’m probably wrong, but I haven’t had any problems with things the way they are so far!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was under the impression XhciPortLimit is needed when using USBInjectAll + custom SSDT? You only disable it if you want to use USBPorts.kext instead? I’m probably wrong, but I haven’t had any problems with things the way they are so far!
XhciPortLimit is needed if we define more than 15 USB ports regardless of the method used to define the ports.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
it is only enabled when you are createing your usbports.kext or uiac.ssdt with usbinjectall.kext, once created, then you disable it

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
XhciPortLimit is needed if we define more than 15 USB ports regardless of the method used to define the ports.
it is only enabled when you are createing your usbports.kext or uiac.ssdt with usbinjectall.kext, once created, then you disable it
Thanks for the info gentlemen! I shall go ahead and disable it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad to hear it.

The thinking was as follows:
  • Your Nvidia GPU was being attached to:
    • _SB.PCI0.IOU1.PXS2.PCI-BRIDGE@4.GFX1
  • There are several PCI bridges on PXS2, but your GPU is attached to the bridge on Address 4, hence PCI-BRIDGE@4.
  • The DSDT and SSDT files confirm that the firmware (BIOS) is not defining any default devices under PXS2, which means we are free to define our own.
  • We start by creating a device at the "PCI-BRIDGE@4" location, which is done as shown below. Your GPU is connected to this particular bridge.
    • Note that we set _ADR to 0x00040000. This ensures that our new PBR4 device is registered to the correct PCI bridge.
View attachment 513630
  • Then we define the actual GPU device as a sub-device of PBR4, as follows:
View attachment 513632
  • And finally we can create a Device Specific Method (_DSM) for GFX1 that will hide the GPU from macOS. Notice that the _DSM method is created for _SB.PCI0.IOU1.PXS2.PBR4.GFX1, where the last two elements of this path had to be created first.
View attachment 513633

By the way, are you running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur?
@CaseySJ,

The previous versions of the SSDT to hide a GPU in my system has always made my system fail to boot, but seeing your post above explaining the process made me curious to see whether I could create one for my needs. The card in question is an RX6800 in slot 1. Here is my IOReg output, and my attempt at modifying your SSDT (I haven't tried it yet - Just wanted to make sure I understand the process!). Can you confirm whether I've got the right idea?

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 40
  • SSDT-Disable-GPU-Ext (Modified).aml
    223 bytes · Views: 65
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
CaseySJ's Comet Lake-S in BeQuiet! Pure Base 500DX:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D - i5-10400 - UHD 630 - AMD RX 580

(Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link instead.)
(See this post for how to refer to a Guide or Mini-Guide.)
may cause problems:​
Hey, Casey! Thank you so much for your effort for the EFI. I just made a fresh boot of your OC 0.6.7, and I was wondering if it’s normal that SideCcar and screen mirroring are not working? Also, I can’t find the sound output of my monitor. Sometimes, when I turned off my monitor and turned back on, then I can see my monitor sound output. Can you show me what is wrong? I use the iMac 20, 2. My PC setting:
i9-10850K
Vision D Z490
Fenvi T919
Intel UHD 630
Kraken Z73
Corsair RGB Vengeance 32GB 3200MHz 2x16GB
EVGA 1000 watt power supply.
Thanks again!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ,

The previous versions of the SSDT to hide a GPU in my system has always made my system fail to boot, but seeing your post above explaining the process made me curious to see whether I could create one for my needs. The card in question is an RX6800 in slot 1. Here is my IOReg output, and my attempt at modifying your SSDT (I haven't tried it yet - Just wanted to make sure I understand the process!). Can you confirm whether I've got the right idea?
Yes, you have it right! Please let us know whether it works.

@emistral would be interested in this as well.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, Casey! Thank you so much for your effort for the EFI. I just made a fresh boot of your OC 0.6.7, and I was wondering if it’s normal that SideCcar and screen mirroring are not working? Also, I can’t find the sound output of my monitor. Sometimes, when I turned off my monitor and turned back on, then I can see my monitor sound output. Can you show me what is wrong? I use the iMac 20, 2. My PC setting:
i9-10850K
Vision D Z490
Fenvi T919
Intel UHD 630
Kraken Z73
Corsair RGB Vengeance 32GB 3200MHz 2x16GB
EVGA 1000 watt power supply.
Thanks again!
Hello @Hackintosh-ProVirgin,

Glad to hear the build went well. Unfortunately both Sidecar and screen mirroring aren't working at this time. We've had sporadic luck with these features so I wouldn't give up on them; instead I would just wait and see if a solution is found. Screen mirroring does work with system name iMacPro1,1.

As for sound output to monitor, please try a DisplayPort cable (such as this one) if you're currently using HDMI. The USB-C side of the cable can be connected to either of the two Thunderbolt ports.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, you have it right! Please let us know whether it works.

@emistral would be interested in this as well.
Works a treat. System Information > Graphics/Displays now only shows the RX580.