Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did you not read the procedure on ohchang Z590 VISION G BUILD

7. Built-in Audio (ALC 4080) no need any settings or kexts. ALC 4080 uses USB HS14 port. It looks like External USB Sound Card.
yes i did but i just wondering which is now better or there is any down sides to it. thats all.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @Media,

Glad to hear the build went well. BIOS F6 should be okay, but I would recommend monitoring it for a while. It is always possible to install an earlier version such as F5 if it comes to that.

In the Troubleshooting/FAQs section please have a look at this entry:

View attachment 512302

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
@CaseySJ I noticed that the GPU sensor isn't working. I tried disabling the integrated Graphics and still not showing temperature values. In addition is there a way to tweak the gpu fan? Coz it is turned off most of time although i'm aware that by default it's bios setting is set to silent mode where fan will only start spinning during heavy loads maybe there's a away to keep it always spinning

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 8.19.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 8.19.07 PM.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 32
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 vision D
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I have almost received all my parts but the graphics card is in backorder... Is it possible to prepare the OpenCore configuration with igpu (config.plist), install OSX and add a rx580 card later (in some weeks)? Will I have to totally change the config file (and generate a new rom - step 4) or just change some settings.

Thank you.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@dehjomz, @CamoViking, @CaseySJ
Thank you for your input and suggestions.

@CaseySJ in regards to the DRM. I tried entering those commands into terminal using iMac 19,2 as the computer description and the Application crashed. I think it might be because @lerass is using iMac 20,2 as his computer description which has the T2 chip just like the iMac Pro.
A more complete set of Terminal commands is located at the bottom of this WhateverGreen manual:

Which application crashes when these commands are entered? By the way we should use iMac19,1 instead of 19,2. iMac20,2 is okay.

Anyway not a big deal. I don't use iTunes anymore because I use Spotify to listen to all of my music. In regards to movies, I have 2 projectors in my house for that purpose ;-)
I have a 4K DLP projector with a 133-inch screen. Never really understood how folks can watch movies on a teeny tiny computer screen in relation to that behemoth! :)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I noticed that the GPU sensor isn't working. I tried disabling the integrated Graphics and still not showing temperature values. In addition is there a way to tweak the gpu fan? Coz it is turned off most of time although i'm aware that by default it's bios setting is set to silent mode where fan will only start spinning during heavy loads maybe there's a away to keep it always spinning
Please post a screenshot of the HWMonitorSMC "Settings" window. It's possible that GPU monitoring is disabled there.

Update:

Please take these steps:
  • In the Settings panel, uncheck "Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs"
  • Then exit the app by clicking the x as shown in screenshot 2.
  • Then launch HWMonitorSMC2 again.
  • In the Settings panel, check-on "Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs"
  • Then exit the app by clicking the x.
  • Then launch HWMonitorSMC2 again.
  • Now GPU monitoring data should appear...
Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 4.47.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 4.47.52 PM.png

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I have almost received all my parts but the graphics card is in backorder... Is it possible to prepare the OpenCore configuration with igpu (config.plist), install OSX and add a rx580 card later (in some weeks)? Will I have to totally change the config file (and generate a new rom - step 4) or just change some settings.

Thank you.
Because GPUs are so difficult to acquire these days, your question is a good one to address once again:
  • Yes we can install macOS using config-Intel-iGPU.plist
  • Once an AMD discrete GPU is installed, we just need to transfer our PlatformInfo credentials into config-AMD-GPU.plist and reboot
  • This can be done through HackinDROM by using the CopyConfig feature. Simply upload your existing config.plist and select the appropriate AMD-GPU entry from the pop-up menu. Your PlatformInfo will be transferred into the new file, and the new config.plist will be downloaded to your Downloads folder

Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

When I upgrade to OpenCore 067 from previous OpenCore versions (ie 066, 065) OpenCore configurator, Hackintool and KextUpdater don't recognise the new version installed.
I tried ResetNVRam but still those instruments recognise the previous version.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 vision D
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Because GPUs are so difficult to acquire these days, your question is a good one to address once again:
  • Yes we can install macOS using config-Intel-iGPU.plist
  • Once an AMD discrete GPU is installed, we just need to transfer our PlatformInfo credentials into config-AMD-GPU.plist and reboot
  • This can be done through HackinDROM by using the CopyConfig feature. Simply upload your existing config.plist and select the appropriate AMD-GPU entry from the pop-up menu. Your PlatformInfo will be transferred into the new file, and the new config.plist will be downloaded to your Downloads folder
Fantastic ! Thank you !

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

When I upgrade to OpenCore 067 from previous OpenCore versions (ie 066, 065) OpenCore configurator, Hackintool and KextUpdater don't recognise the new version installed.
I tried ResetNVRam but still those instruments recognise the previous version.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Please see this post: