Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

2020-06-24 2.54.13.png

z490 vision d with 10700k
MCU firmware update failed after I update the Bios F5a .
it said chipid mismatch and locked, anyone got this problem?

Same problem for me: Access Denied.

MCU = Microcontroller Unit. It's also known as Embedded Controller (EC) on PC motherboards.
This update looks like ITE IT5702 controller update (it's Q-Flash Plus and RGB controller on our motherboards)

Updated successfully on Vision G. No changes in RGB controller behavior, still resets after sleep and wake, reboot etc.
I’m not recommend to update now.
Безымянный2.png

Last edited:

Recommendations for Windows Dual Boot:
If this system is intended to be a dual boot system with Windows, then Windows should be installed first. The presence of a macOS disk may confuse the Windows installer. If Windows is to be installed on an NVMe SSD, it should be installed into the NVMe slot closest to the CPU. This will prevent future Windows Feature Updates from interfering with the EFI partition on the macOS SSD. Broadcom drivers for a Fenvi FV-T919 or other Mac-compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT module should not be installed in Windows. This allows Windows to use the Intel AX201 WiFi 6 / Bluetooth 5 module instead.

Hi,
I'm building a Hackintosh based on x299 ASUS WS SAGE/10G motherboard. I read your guide paying attention and since I'll build a dual boot system (macOS + W 10), I noticed your recommendation quoted above. I was wondering what NVMe slot is to intend as closest to CPU on my motherboard? I attach the related image. Tx

Attachments

• ASUS WS SAGE 10G.png
    ASUS WS SAGE 10G.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 60
Sorry I'm back again, it's thunderbolt this time, when I connect ipad to it, it's showing charging but no data connection, cant see it from finder or any app, just charging, when I connect a SSD to it, there's nothing coming out either. Dont know if I explained the situation clearly, looking forward to your thoughts and solution maybe.
Thanx again.
You must use the new SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml in the build guide and also enable the XhciPortLimit checkbox in Kernel Quirks section of config.plist. The new SSDT is in the "V2-OC-STD-059-..." zip file.

Hi,
I'm building a Hackintosh based on x299 ASUS WS SAGE/10G motherboard. I read your guide paying attention and since I'll build a dual boot system (macOS + W 10), I noticed your recommendation quoted above. I was wondering what NVMe slot is to intend as closest to CPU on my motherboard? I attach the related image. Tx
Please click here and enter your CPU, Graphics and Motherboard information. This is required when asking for help.

In the image of your board, I see only one NVMe slot (Item 7). Are there any other NVMe slots? If so, please out their item numbers.

Has anyone got a decent working EFI folder they can share for the Vision G at all?

Mine has got all sorts of intermittent problems when tracking in LPX :(
Looking at the picture of your session with the last thread dimed, for me that happens when there is heavy CPU overhead required on the master channel (your Waves SSL comp!) or the channel you have selected (the drums via Kontakt). I find it difficult to believe that either of those are responsible, even at 96k with small buffers, but maybe something weird is happening with Kontakt or Waves. Maybe select an empty audio track and see if things improve.
Are things better if you use the Gigabyte audio outputs rather than the RME?

Atlernatively, are any stray background processes hogging CPU time in the Activity Monitor?
Otherwise, as Casey suggests, there may be some hardware issue rather than an EFI problem - maybe with the RME interface (does it require drivers? I know my MOTU does) or BIOS.
Maybe the overclock...???

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs. I've been using Logic since 2004 and have a background in fault finding computer systems (before I became a musician). New to Hackintoshing though but learning as fast as I can.
I feel your pain though.

Is the system bootable?

@sambear the same happend to me. The process crashed at first try and now I get the same error message that you posted. The system is still bootable but RGB Fusion 2.0 isn't working anymore. The RGBs light up white. I don't recommend trying it right now.

I just opened a ticket at Gigabyte's website about it.

Last edited:
@sambear the same happend to me. The process crashed at first try and now I get the same error message that you posted. The system is still bootable but RGB Fusion 2.0 isn't working anymore. The RGBs light up white. I don't recommend trying it right now.

I just opened a ticket at Gigabyte's website about it.
*** Please do not install Vision D MCU Firmware at this time ***
As shown in the screenshot below, Gigabyte has released both the F5a BIOS and an MCU firmware update. The MCU update applies to the ITE Tech 0x5702 chip that controls both RGB Fusion 2.0 and Q-Flash Plus.
  • BIOS F5a is okay to use.
  • But do not install the MCU firmware at this time.

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 2.35.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Back