Graphics
Asus RX 580 8 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My Fenvi T919 has started loosing Bluetooth at random times. It happened first yesterday afternoon, after the computer had been up for 38 days. I rebooted, and it worked fine, but 10 minutes later, the same happened. Rebooted, and the same. I've attached a USB BT dongle, and that works fine. Wireless is working, but I'm not using it. The Fenvi card has been working flawlessly for 6 months... Any idea of how to troubleshoot? I upgraded to OC 0.6.6 yesterday, but that didn't help the issue. Would you recommend trying the built in Intel?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone else feel this board is slow to get though post?
On my old Z79x-UD7 TH, once things were setup and fast boot enabled, it would go from power-on to Clover in about 2 seconds. With Cover set to 1 second, and the OS on SSD, going from power-on to login felt very fast.

On this board it seems to take over 10 seconds just to get to the OpenCore chooser, even with fast boot set to not rescan SATA (can't remember the name of the option exactly).
I agree to. Mine takes a while to display the Gigabyte logo (about 5s if not more). But then once the logo is displayed and the bottom row where the various options such as F12, etc., are displayed has disappeared. It takes a good 10s to display the OC picker. I don't know if it is the board or OC at this stage.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I agree to. Mine takes a while to display the Gigabyte logo (about 5s if not more). But then once the logo is displayed and the bottom row where the various options such as F12, etc., are displayed has disappeared. It takes a good 10s to display the OC picker. I don't know if it is the board or OC at this stage.

I have same slow booting on Vision G as described above by Emistral.

Also, I've just attempted the upgrade to 0.6.7 and am testing it on the bootable USB. However, Logic Pro X is chucking a bunch of errors on launch about some of my plugins saying:

"x.component can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software". This software needs to be updated/ Contact the developer for more information".

It's a bit odd. As if I boot from 0.6.6 off my internal HD, everything works great?! Any ideas guys?

EDIT: Apologies, Casey quite clearly states that you may need to disable SIP which was the fix in my instance. Helps if you read the instructions properly! :clap:

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
So, just updated to 0.6.7, using your EFI with some minor adjustments that I use, and it worked perfectly. No issues whatsoever, on Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur. All worked just fine....

NOTE: I do disable SIP, and that, for me, helps....I am on Big Sur 11.3 (the D version) and I had no trouble updating to it or using 0.6.7 with SIP disabled....

Thanks, @CaseySJ!

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ hi there, I am facing kernel panic upon wake up from sleep and was wondering if you would have suggestion. I have recently done some minor changes to my configuration because I wanted to add the 6800 XT to slot 2 so that I could use it in Windows and still use the 5600 XT in macOS.

Apart from that no other changes. The system work well in both macOS and Windows. Each Os uses the right video card. However the sleep function in macOS does not work anymore but used to work prior to those above minor changes.
Ha, those are not "minor" changes when it comes to Hackintosh! Every change is potentially a major change because Apple does not qualify macOS against the hardware choices we make.

Because sleep/wake was working prior to these changes, my only suggestion is to go through the Process of Elimination by undoing one change at a time until sleep/wake works again. Perhaps start by just removing the Fenvi card. Nothing else. Just remove the Fenvi (but always power down and flip switch on PSU to OFF position when adding or removing motherboard components) and see if sleep/wake works.

If sleep/wake still fails, the reinstall the Fenvi and remove a different component.

This will help you identify the culprit. But if there are two or more culprits, then of course it will be necessary to remove two components at a time.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Fenvi T919 has started loosing Bluetooth at random times. It happened first yesterday afternoon, after the computer had been up for 38 days. I rebooted, and it worked fine, but 10 minutes later, the same happened. Rebooted, and the same. I've attached a USB BT dongle, and that works fine. Wireless is working, but I'm not using it. The Fenvi card has been working flawlessly for 6 months... Any idea of how to troubleshoot? I upgraded to OC 0.6.6 yesterday, but that didn't help the issue. Would you recommend trying the built in Intel?
Because macOS only supports one Bluetooth controller at a time, we should of course remove the USB Bluetooth dongle when testing the Fenvi Bluetooth.

Please describe what is meant by "losing Bluetooth at random times" (not loosing)? For example:
  • Does the Bluetooth icon on menu bar switch to the "disabled" version with squiggly lines in it?
  • Do one or more Bluetooth devices disconnect?
    • If so, what are the makes/models of those devices?
    • If they are Apple Magic Mouse and Apple Magic Keyboard, we do not recommend using them. Logitech wireless mice and keyboards are far more reliable on Hackintosh.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On this board it seems to take over 10 seconds just to get to the OpenCore chooser, even with fast boot set to not rescan SATA (can't remember the name of the option exactly).
@hughythomas @emistral @TijuanaKez

are you all using CaseySJ OpenCore folder / each version update folder and just changing your details in the config.plist, if so try and delete AudioDxe.efi from the Drivers folder, this might help with the slow boot to the opencore picker screen.