Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So, just updated to 0.6.7, using your EFI with some minor adjustments that I use, and it worked perfectly. No issues whatsoever, on Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur. All worked just fine....

NOTE: I do disable SIP, and that, for me, helps....I am on Big Sur 11.3 (the D version) and I had no trouble updating to it or using 0.6.7 with SIP disabled....

Thanks, @CaseySJ!

Last edited:
@CaseySJ hi there, I am facing kernel panic upon wake up from sleep and was wondering if you would have suggestion. I have recently done some minor changes to my configuration because I wanted to add the 6800 XT to slot 2 so that I could use it in Windows and still use the 5600 XT in macOS.

Apart from that no other changes. The system work well in both macOS and Windows. Each Os uses the right video card. However the sleep function in macOS does not work anymore but used to work prior to those above minor changes.
Ha, those are not "minor" changes when it comes to Hackintosh! Every change is potentially a major change because Apple does not qualify macOS against the hardware choices we make.

Because sleep/wake was working prior to these changes, my only suggestion is to go through the Process of Elimination by undoing one change at a time until sleep/wake works again. Perhaps start by just removing the Fenvi card. Nothing else. Just remove the Fenvi (but always power down and flip switch on PSU to OFF position when adding or removing motherboard components) and see if sleep/wake works.

If sleep/wake still fails, the reinstall the Fenvi and remove a different component.

This will help you identify the culprit. But if there are two or more culprits, then of course it will be necessary to remove two components at a time.

My Fenvi T919 has started loosing Bluetooth at random times. It happened first yesterday afternoon, after the computer had been up for 38 days. I rebooted, and it worked fine, but 10 minutes later, the same happened. Rebooted, and the same. I've attached a USB BT dongle, and that works fine. Wireless is working, but I'm not using it. The Fenvi card has been working flawlessly for 6 months... Any idea of how to troubleshoot? I upgraded to OC 0.6.6 yesterday, but that didn't help the issue. Would you recommend trying the built in Intel?
Because macOS only supports one Bluetooth controller at a time, we should of course remove the USB Bluetooth dongle when testing the Fenvi Bluetooth.

Please describe what is meant by "losing Bluetooth at random times" (not loosing)? For example:
  • Does the Bluetooth icon on menu bar switch to the "disabled" version with squiggly lines in it?
  • Do one or more Bluetooth devices disconnect?
    • If so, what are the makes/models of those devices?
    • If they are Apple Magic Mouse and Apple Magic Keyboard, we do not recommend using them. Logitech wireless mice and keyboards are far more reliable on Hackintosh.

On this board it seems to take over 10 seconds just to get to the OpenCore chooser, even with fast boot set to not rescan SATA (can't remember the name of the option exactly).
@hughythomas @emistral @TijuanaKez

are you all using CaseySJ OpenCore folder / each version update folder and just changing your details in the config.plist, if so try and delete AudioDxe.efi from the Drivers folder, this might help with the slow boot to the opencore picker screen.

@hughythomas @emistral @TijuanaKez

are you all using CaseySJ OpenCore folder / each version update folder and just changing your details in the config.plist, if so try and delete AudioDxe.efi from the Drivers folder, this might help with the slow boot to the opencore picker screen.
I'm updating via the mini guides each time. But I don't think this is an OC thing, it feels more like the fast boot feature isn't working. I have full screen splash disabled so it hangs for what seems like forever when the bios text displays. My sense is it's rescanning all the SATA ports and PCI slots on every boot, which is not supposed to happen with fast boot enabled. On previous boards this 'POST' period would take along time only when PCI devices were changed and/or fast boot disabled. But once things were settled, usually jump straight into the boot loader after a reboot. I was looking forward to see how fast the power-on -> OS would be on the new rig. But boy is it slllooowwwww.

** OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI for Z490 Vision D **
Supports both Catalina and Big Sur
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Requires OpenCore Configurator 2.29.0.1 or Newer.

Hello @CaseySJ, I tried updating to the 0.6.7. But, after booting from it, Hackintool is still reporting OC 0.6.6. I'm definitely booting from the test USB stick w/ your latest file. I reformatted and tried twice just to be sure... Is anyone else seeing this??? Maybe they didn't version up the binary before release???

Thanks for taking a look

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 7.56.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 7.56.56 PM.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 7.53.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 7.53.15 PM.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 53
Hello @CaseySJ, I tried updating to the 0.6.7. But, after booting from it, Hackintool is still reporting OC 0.6.6. I'm definitely booting from the test USB stick w/ your latest file. I reformatted and tried twice just to be sure... Is anyone else seeing this??? Maybe they didn't version up the binary before release???

Thanks for taking a look
Hackintool seems to have a bug with that. I know I'm loading the right EFI because it's the only one with the latest kexts, and someone reported seeing 0.6.6 still to the Hackintool GitHub repo.

Back