1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

@CaseySJ

i want to ask is it possible to disable the tb ports if don't need them to prevent issues on mb z490 vision d.
On Z490 Vision D we can disable Thunderbolt from BIOS, but there is no reason to do that!

and are all m.2 sockets work or only two like gigabyte says on there site the one is preserved for the future cpus

cause in my country the mb D version is sold out and im waiting, or is it better to wait for the Z590 vision d
All three M.2 slots work on the Z490 Vision D. The top M.2 slot (closest to CPU) can accommodate both PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0 drives. The other two slots can only accommodate PCIe 3.0 drives.

At this time we don't have any experience with Z590 Vision D, so if the Z490 Vision D is sold out in your country, I would suggest:
  • Z490 Vision G (which we support in this thread)
  • Wait until someone confirms whether macOS works on Z590...

im doing much research before buying the parts so im doubting or the g or the d
the g is nice but the color I don't like so much but it has the display port out that's the only thing I like about it
but the d has only DisplayPort in and that I don't lik,
DisplayPort IN on the Vision D is only used for Thunderbolt monitors. If you plan to buy an AMD GPU, you can connect your monitor directly to the AMD GPU.

and if z490 vision d once configured its done or continue to work on it to get that and this to working.
Not sure I understand this one.

Reactions: jd6
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just to follow-up:
  • Duplicate Macintosh HD is gone?
  • Big Sur 11.2.1 is up and running?

Duplicate HD gone now (phew!).

Maybe I messed something up when I edited the config.plist like you said?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 19.40.19.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 19.40.19.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 21

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Duplicate HD gone now (phew!).

Maybe I messed something up when I edited the config.plist like you said?
Glad to hear it!

Now back to the Perseverance landing live stream. "Live" from the planet Mars. :)

Update: It has landed!
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 1.01.12 PM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad to hear it!

Now back to the Perseverance landing live stream. "Live" from the planet Mars. :)

Is it worth experimenting with that SIP disabling thing or just leave it as is for time being?

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is it worth experimenting with that SIP disabling thing or just leave it as is for time being?
Leave it at 0x00000000 unless you have a specific reason to have it set as something else.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i7-11700K OC @ 5.2GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad to hear it!

Update: It has landed!
View attachment 509807
Kudos to the scientists at NASA for advancing our understanding of our solar system. I’ve always had an interest in other planets and ecosystems. For example, Saturn’s moon Titan with its substantial atmosphere is extremely interesting, as most moons don’t have an atmosphere, much less one as dense as Titan. Too bad it is so far from the sun... too icy for warm-blooded life to develop.

Meanwhile, I wonder if Intel was at least in part inspired by NASA, given its Rocket Lake is about to blast off.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 10700
Graphics
iGPU
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @CaseySJ ! Sorry to bug you again...
As I was sayin last time I started typing, I'm growing a tiny bit of confidence so decided to experiment and see if I can make BT and Wifi work, so I've been trying with 0.6.6 from the *** Using Intel WiFi 6 and Intel Bluetooth 5 on Z490 Vision D *** guide, but had no luck.

I made the necessary changes to adapt the config.plist to my working config.plist (besides transferring platformNVRAM stuff), but after enabling verbose I see I'm getting stuck at this point:

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 19.11.22.jpeg

Is this relevant to think about a possible solution or workaround or should I send you some other info?
Thanks in advance!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Cool. Not sure what the issue is, so I just built OC and the kexts from source on GitHub and adapted my old config.plist and directory structure (i.e., remove Bootstrap) for the new changes in 0.6.6+. Now I'm idling at a cool 35 degrees. Thanks anyways!
This is interesting as I have also noticed an increase in temp on my system, but I also updated the bios and figured it was due to that. I’m also about +10c higher in temps. Maybe I’ll build the kexts one by one and see what’s going on...

Motherboard
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does this board has a Thunderbolt header to install the the Gigabyte Titan Ridge AIC? I was looking through the manual and couldn't find it. A bit shocked to find out that it does not have it in this price region.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does this board has a Thunderbolt header to install the the Gigabyte Titan Ridge AIC? I was looking through the manual and couldn't find it. A bit shocked to find out that it does not have it in this price region.
This board has built-in Titan Ridge controller and two Thunderbolt ports. A Thunderbolt header is not technically necessary because we can bridge the top and middle pins of the J1 header to force power to the GC-Titan Ridge. This allows us to add additional Thunderbolt ports.