Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

No, where do you activate Verbose? I used my Catalina EFI and tried that. No joy, so I grabbed the OpenCore 0.6.6 for Vision D, then copied my config over. got it to boot but then doesn't start the install page.

To enable verbose mode you can either add -v to your boot-args in the config.plist file or at the OC Picker press CMD-C CMD-V before you press the enter key.

To enable verbose mode you can either add -v to your boot-args in the config.plist file or at the OC Picker press CMD-C before you press the enter key.
Probably a typo, but at OpenCore Picker we can press CMD-V (not C) to enable verbose.

@CaseySJ I tried following the guide, but came across a problem. I started on the front USB connectors, but the first one I tried accepts only USB2.0 although it should be USB3.2 according to the labeling on the MB:

View attachment 510066

Hackintool shows as follows. When an USB3.0 stick is inserted, nothing happens. Shouldn't there be a SS09 entry for that?
View attachment 510067
The Hackintool screenshot shows that the USB SSDT for Vision D is in effect. To map USB ports on a new board we must enable all USB ports. In the screenshot we can see that HS01, HS02, HS08, HS13, HS14, SS02, SS08, etc. are missing because the Vision D SSDT removes them.

You must disable the Vision D USB SSDT and reboot. Then proceed with port discovery process.

Probably a typo, but at OpenCore Picker we can press CMD-V (not C) to enable verbose.
Damn those C and V keys being next to each other of the keyboard. :)

Damn those C and V keys being next to each other of the keyboard. :)
Got it to boot in Verbose mode, but load up finishes, then I get a blank screen.

Seems that the issue may be related to NVMEFix.kext and/or the CPUID mask. I disabled both of these as they are not in use in my custom EFI. CPU temps dropped. I didn't test one at time to isolate the culprit, I just disabled both in one fell swoop.

View attachment 509992

I'm not using a cpumask but AM using nvmefix, so I’ll disable it and report back...

Should I disable USBinjectAll 19,1 for Mojave?

@MacArthur and @mikonmac - I was able to install Mojave on my Z490 thanks to your posts. But did either of you have any issues with sound? Everything works, but sound. Do you all use external sound devices or were you able to get sound via a DP Sound device like a monitor? I tried ALCID 1, 7, and 11, and no device even shows up at all, unless I plug in an old USB audio device.

At any rate, thanks!

@MacArthur and @mikonmac - I was able to install Mojave on my Z490 thanks to your posts. But did either of you have any issues with sound? Everything works, but sound. Do you all use external sound devices or were you able to get sound via a DP Sound device like a monitor? I tried ALCID 1, 7, and 11, and no device even shows up at all, unless I plug in an old USB audio device.

At any rate, thanks!
Hi there, I have been having difficulty installing Mojave. Did you use OC0.6.6?

I misspoke - I should have used the word "configure" not install, as I had an old 3.5 spinner disk from an old Z370 I used to own and then I used the @CaseySJ EFI version found on this thread and added the notes from @mikonmac about the cpu (page 516, I think). And it started....

Back