CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, in a stroke of inspiration, I decided to see what would happen if I installed both cards in my PC (RX580 in Slot 2 and RX6800 in Slot 1 as normal) and booted Windows after Loading Optimized Defaults in the BIOS. I enabled XMP Profile 1 at the same time, and lo and behold - No more crash after logging in!

I've just booted up my most graphically intense game (Cyberpunk 2077) and had a quick run around and still no crash. I'm typing this now from within the same Windows session. Usually the computer would crash within 20secs-1min after logging into Windows if I have both cards installed. So there is either a setting, or a combination of settings that we use for booting MacOS that conflicts with Windows when it comes to having multiple GPUs in the case at once. I'm tempted to go through and enable each setting one by one to find the culprit, but for now I'm just happy that I won't have to open the case any more! I can just save a profile in BIOS for Windows, and one for MacOS.

Consider the Razer Core X definitely for sale! :lol:
@Higgie did you hide the slot #1 via the relevant SSDT when booting macos? and where you able to boot mcos with the slot hidden from macOS?
I had my 5600 Xt in slot 1, then install my 6800 XT in slot 2, added the SSDT to hide slot 2 but I could not boot macOS. 50% in the boot sequence it crashed and the system reset. If I remove the 6800 XT but keep the SSDT to hide slot 2, I can boot macOS. And if I install only the 6800 XT in the system and do not hide slot 2, I can boot macOS but of course I have no acceleration.
I have not tried yet booting windows with 2 cards and slot 2 hidden. I wanted to make sure that I could boot macOS first.
I remember reading something on this forum about someone having 2 cards and the system crashing if the non supported video card in macos was in slot 2. did I read it correctly or am I dreaming :) ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 4.12.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 4.12.11 AM.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 13
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
Intel Core i9 10900
Graphics
-
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey ! First of all, I would like to warmly thank @CaseySJ for this wonderful build!

I followed all the steps to the letter and set up my config with "OC-066-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D"
Everything seems to work well!
The Bluetooth seems to work well, too. (Even if my screens do not correspond to post # 2961, my Airpods work. I haven't tested other devices, so far.) But the WiFi does not work.
Does someone have an idea ? (Otherwise I will consider buying the Fenvi T919)

I also have a problem with Safari, on many pages, I have this error message: "A problem repeatedly occurred with" after the page has refreshed several times in a row.

If anyone has been able to resolve these issues, please let me know!

Apart from these small problems, for the moment everything is working great! Thanks again @CaseySJ for all the hard work.

Edit: Config
EFI with OpenCore set to iMac19,1
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H524)
I did an update after installation, maybe I shouldn't have? (Security and safari)
i9 10900
32gb 3200Mhz Corsair LPX
2 x Crucial P5 500GB PCIe M.2

Attachments

• bluetooth.png
    bluetooth.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 13
  • safari.png
    safari.png
    61 KB · Views: 13
  • wifi.png
    wifi.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I followed all the steps to the letter and set up my config with "OC-066-Intel-Wireless-VISION-D"
Your hardware profile says Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming. Is that the mobo you are using ?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey ! First of all, I would like to warmly thank @CaseySJ for this wonderful build!

The bluetooth seems to work well too (even if my screens do not correspond to post # 2961, my Airpods work, I haven't tested other devices so far) but the wifi does not work. .
Does someone have an idea ? (Otherwise I will consider buying the Fenvi t919)
Hello @Lulujam,

Please check if OpenCore Configurator --> Misc --> Security --> SecureBootModel is set to Default (not Disabled). This is a prerequisite for the OpenIntelWireless driver (AirportItlwm).

I also have a problem with Safari, on many pages, I have this error message: "A problem repeatedly occurred with" after the page has refreshed several times in a row.
Does this happen on certain pages only or on all pages? Have you tried clearing history (History --> Clear History...)?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It looks like site is not accessible this time. But I manage to generate keys with OpenCore Configurator. Thanks!
That looks better.

Is there a way to fix the monitor wake issue? CPU sleep/wake is okay so far.
Please try a different monitor, preferably one that supports both DisplayPort and HDMI, but lacks any legacy ports such as DVI and VGA. Also try performing a factory reset on the existing monitor via its on-board menu.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
That looks better.

Please try a different monitor, preferably one that supports both DisplayPort and HDMI, but lacks any legacy ports such as DVI and VGA. Also try performing a factory reset on the existing monitor via its on-board menu.
okay i will try it in different monitor. Well it's just a minor issue for me. System is just running flawlessly, thank you so much!

oh i forgot, front panel audio output isn't working, rear/internal outputs work just fine

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
okay i will try it in different monitor. Well it's just a minor issue for me. System is just running flawlessly, thank you so much!
Once your AMD GPU arrives, the Asus VA24EHE might ("might" does not mean it "will") work properly with it (including waking up from sleep). At that time I would suggest switching the iGPU to headless mode by transferring your serial numbers into config-AMD-GPU.plist and renaming it to config.plist

oh i forgot, front panel audio output isn't working, rear/internal outputs work just fine
Are you trying to be Steve Jobs, "One more thing..."? :) Check the audio header cable. If you have Windows or Linux on this machine, check if front panel audio works there.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

CaseySJ:​

couple of days ago you said I discourage Samsung EVO Pro NVMe M.2 SSD, and you suggest (a) Sabrent Rocket, (b) ADATA SX 8200/8200 Pro, (c) Silicon Power because Samsung runs hot. But I see tonymac puts Samsung SSDs in the Buying Guide. Can you explain more a bit and which of this three are best. I always thought Samsung was good for Hackintosh, and. also to others, please share you experience about.

( Sabrent Rocket, (b) ADATA SX 8200/8200 Pro, (c) Silicon Power)
Many people are using Samsung 970 EVO Pro on Hackintosh. The drive will work, but it tends to run hotter than the other models I mentioned because macOS does not perform power management on the Samsung SSD controller.

If you use a good NVMe heat sink and have good airflow inside the case, you will be okay with Samsung 970 EVO Pro.