Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A little up in case someone has any idea ;-)

- All above statements are correct
- OC 0.66 following your EFI and upgrade process since the beginning
- No other third part apps except Firefox. The purpose on this install is to run Photo apps on V 5.0 for a customer. My BS OS would upgrade his library and this is obviously not suitable.
  • Are you building and selling a Hackintosh to a customer?
- The KP happens really at random, initially sometimes even as early as during the the install process.
- When install is fine, the boot is always normal but then KP can happen when Photo is running and going into the "curating best photos" process
- The KP can happen even if I don't interfere with the machine, just looking at the progress of the job
- I don't have screen capture but, looking at the log, it seems that the main issues (at random) are linked to mds and mdworker.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  • Are you building and selling a Hackintosh to a customer?

No :)
I am upgrading a Macbook Air for him from Mountain Lion to Catalina with 2 huge Photo libraries.
The purpose is to merge the libraries on a Catalina session running on the hackintosh, as copies and post treatment run much faster than on his poor MBA with only 4Go RAM, and then transfer back the final directory on the MBA.
I can't run it on BS as the libraries would be upgraded and no longer compatible back to Catalina.

Motherboard
Gigabyte P55A-UD4
CPU
i7 860
Graphics
Radeon HD 5670
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Which build guide did you follow?
This guide for Catalina, then changed SystemProductName to 19,1 and CPUID in kernel -> emulate as described in my previous post. Have tried also other layout id.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No :)
I am upgrading a Macbook Air for him from Mountain Lion to Catalina with 2 huge Photo libraries.
The purpose is to merge the libraries on a Catalina session running on the hackintosh, as copies and post treatment run much faster than on his poor MBA with only 4Go RAM, and then transfer back the final directory on the MBA.
I can't run it on BS as the libraries would be upgraded and no longer compatible back to Catalina.
Understood.

Because Catalina is working properly on the migrated disk, have you considered doing this on that system? If you launch the Photos app with Option key held down, you will get this dialog:
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 7.05.44 AM.png

If your friend's library is on a separate disk, you can click "Other Library..." to open your friend's library and make all the changes to that disk without affecting your own Photos library.

But always good to make a full backup of your system first!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This guide for Catalina, then changed SystemProductName to 19,1 and CPUID in kernel -> emulate as described in my previous post. Have tried also other layout id.
Very good. Please open your config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and post screenshot of the Kernel section.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Understood.

Because Catalina is working properly on the migrated disk, have you considered doing this on that system? If you launch the Photos app with Option key held down, you will get this dialog:
View attachment 509493
If your friend's library is on a separate disk, you can click "Other Library..." to open your friend's library and make all the changes to that disk without affecting your own Photos library.

But always good to make a full backup of your system first!
I even have back up of back up :).
No sure I have been properly understood... (I am French !)
- MBA upgraded to Catalina. 2 libraries on a external HD (his SSD is too small) 4Go RAM only.
So I want to transfer the libraries on my Hack on a Catalina session, because if I open them on a BS session they will be automatically upgrader to Photo v6 and then I cannot save them on Photo V5 to be opened back on his MBA Catalina.
To merge and process the files I use Powerphotos and it is really great.
I know how to work on different library with ALT function at opening menu.
But.... I need a Catalina session on my Hack and I suspect this ******g Samsung Nvme SSD to make troubles.
And this is what I am trying to investigate with my initial post.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I even have back up of back up :).
No sure I have been properly understood... (I am French !)
- MBA upgraded to Catalina. 2 libraries on a external HD (his SSD is too small) 4Go RAM only.
So I want to transfer the libraries on my Hack on a Catalina session, because if I open them on a BS session they will be automatically upgrader to Photo v6 and then I cannot save them on Photo V5 to be opened back on his MBA Catalina.
To merge and process the files I use Powerphotos and it is really great.
I know how to work on different library with ALT function at opening menu.
But.... I need a Catalina session on my Hack and I suspect this ******g Samsung Nvme SSD to make troubles.
And this is what I am trying to investigate with my initial post.
Okay, I thought you still had your Catalina disk from Z370 that you could insert into Z390 -- or even leave it in Z370.

Another option is to install VMware Fusion on Z390 Big Sur. There is a 30-day free trial. Then install Catalina in a VMWare virtual machine.

Update:
VMware Fusion Player for non-commercial home use is free.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 7.32.57 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte P55A-UD4
CPU
i7 860
Graphics
Radeon HD 5670
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Very good. Please open your config.plist in OpenCore Configurator and post screenshot of the Kernel section.
Schermata 2021-02-16 alle 16.27.59.png

Note that I have rebuilt USBPorts to remove Intel bluetooth.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for clarifying. Alas @Higgie is not going to be happy. Unfortunately I mentioned incorrectly that someone had reported the Razer Core X to work with original firmware.
So, in a stroke of inspiration, I decided to see what would happen if I installed both cards in my PC (RX580 in Slot 2 and RX6800 in Slot 1 as normal) and booted Windows after Loading Optimized Defaults in the BIOS. I enabled XMP Profile 1 at the same time, and lo and behold - No more crash after logging in!

I've just booted up my most graphically intense game (Cyberpunk 2077) and had a quick run around and still no crash. I'm typing this now from within the same Windows session. Usually the computer would crash within 20secs-1min after logging into Windows if I have both cards installed. So there is either a setting, or a combination of settings that we use for booting MacOS that conflicts with Windows when it comes to having multiple GPUs in the case at once. I'm tempted to go through and enable each setting one by one to find the culprit, but for now I'm just happy that I won't have to open the case any more! I can just save a profile in BIOS for Windows, and one for MacOS.

Consider the Razer Core X definitely for sale! :lol:

jd6

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z490 Vision G
CPU
i5-11600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

CaseySJ:​

couple of days ago you said I discourage Samsung EVO Pro NVMe M.2 SSD, and you suggest (a) Sabrent Rocket, (b) ADATA SX 8200/8200 Pro, (c) Silicon Power because Samsung runs hot. But I see tonymac puts Samsung SSDs in the Buying Guide. Can you explain more a bit and which of this three are best. I always thought Samsung was good for Hackintosh, and. also to others, please share you experience about.

( Sabrent Rocket, (b) ADATA SX 8200/8200 Pro, (c) Silicon Power)