i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Big Sur update to 11.2 and everything works fine (exclude Wifi as I described one post above).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please, could you help me with Wifi installation?

I've new: YOUBO PC Hackintosh WiFi Card BCM94360CD [Amazon: link].
For better sleep/wake up. Now after installation, when computer sleeps, immediately wake ups.

What I've try:
- unplug all USB devices
- internal USB connector from Wifi card moved to NZXT internal USB Hub, Hub is connected to F_USB
- inside case is also NZXT Kraken & USB modul for Lights (all works before)

All settings comes from default installation (latest version) by @CaseySJ with enabled Wake-up by Power button (ACPI).

PowerNap: disabled, Wake for Network Access: disabled, Allow Bluetooth devices to wake: disabled.

Thank you ...
Some questions:
  • When you unplugged all devices, did you unplug:
    • YOUBO Bluetooth data cable from internal USB port?
    • All internal NZXT devices (including Kraken and NZXT hub)?
  • In other words, with only USB mouse and keyboard, does system sleep and wake properly?
  • What is the make/model of your mouse?
  • What is the make/model of your keyboard?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some questions:
  • When you unplugged all devices, did you unplug:
    • YOUBO Bluetooth data cable from internal USB port?
    • All internal NZXT devices (including Kraken and NZXT hub)?
  • In other words, with only USB mouse and keyboard, does system sleep and wake properly?
  • What is the make/model of your mouse?
  • What is the make/model of your keyboard?
Thank you @CaseySJ for reply.

- after unplug all ext & internal USB Sleep works
- after reconnect all ext & internal USB excluding new YOUBO PC Hackintosh WiFi Card BCM94360CD Sleep works

It means that source of Sleep issue is YOUBO card itself. What do you think, better use old-one Fenvi T919?
I've replaced it because sometimes computer doesn't Wake-up from Sleep mode ... Do you have any idea to fix this sleep-wake-up-immediately issue for YOUBO?

Mouse and Keyboard is Apple Magic 2 ... in test time connected via USB cable and used Razer ProClick with USB dongle ...

Thank you ...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you @CaseySJ for reply.

- after unplug all ext & internal USB Sleep works
- after reconnect all ext & internal USB excluding new YOUBO PC Hackintosh WiFi Card BCM94360CD Sleep works

It means that source of Sleep issue is YOUBO card itself. What do you think, better use old-one Fenvi T919?
I've replaced it because sometimes computer doesn't Wake-up from Sleep mode ... Do you have any idea to fix this sleep-wake-up-immediately issue for YOUBO?

Mouse and Keyboard is Apple Magic 2 ... in test time connected via USB cable and used Razer ProClick with USB dongle ...

Thank you ...
If you have a cheap wired USB mouse (or a Logitech wireless mouse that uses Logitech Unifying Receiver instead of Bluetooth), then:
  • Connect the YOUBO Bluetooth data cable
  • Disconnect and switch off the Apple Magic Mouse 2
  • Connect the cheap wired USB mouse
  • Does sleep and wake work?
Also:
  • Is the YOUBO plugged into a short PCIe slot (a x1 slot)?
  • Do you still have the old Fenvi FV-T919?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you have a cheap wired USB mouse (or a Logitech wireless mouse that uses Logitech Unifying Receiver instead of Bluetooth), then:
  • Connect the YOUBO Bluetooth data cable
  • Disconnect and switch off the Apple Magic Mouse 2
  • Connect the cheap wired USB mouse
  • Does sleep and wake work?
Also:
  • Is the YOUBO plugged into a short PCIe slot (a x1 slot)?
  • Do you still have the old Fenvi FV-T919?
Yes, I've try it and when you connect YOUBO, no other Bluetooth devices connected, then Sleep doesn't work.

And Yes, YOUBO is connected to 1x PCIe slot (only one at Vision-D).
And last Yes :), I've Fenvi card still ... (now I've switched it back) ...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ and the others. I am about to pull the plug and get a 6800 XT. I'll use my 5600 XT until Big Sur supports 6xxx series, and I can transfer the 5600 XT to my other older PC. Someone mentioned that it is OK to add dual GPUs, and disable the 6800 XT in macOS via a SSDT. Which is fine since I believe there are guides on this forum.

My next stupid question is about the display. I am assuming that with such configuration, you will need both card display ports (I am using DisplayPort) connected to 2 separate connectors on the monitor. If the monitor is recent enough there should not be a need to manually switch input (which my current monitor seems to do). However, I only have 1 DP so I am guessing I will need a switch 2 -> 1, something like that or use eventually the HDMI input on the monitor via a DP to HDMI adapter which I already have. Also I am also assuming that the card defined in the priority list in the BIOS for booting will be the one to display the boot post. Assuming that I have the 5600 XT first priority in the BIOS, then from the OC picker I select Windows 10 how Windows will know that it will need to use the 6800 XT and not the 5600 XT?

Motherboard
Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10600
Graphics
5500XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

Thanks CaseySJ.

As a follow-on, I upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur 11.2 today. It was a painless upgrade experience, and whilst I'm not too thrilled at the "everything has rounded corners" look, I'm happy to be cruising with Apple's latest OS.

Again, thanks for a well written and detailed walk-through to get my Hackintosh up and running.

Cheers,
V

Motherboard
GigaByte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some comments and suggestions:
  • Linux has the nasty habit of co-installing its EFI into an existing EFI folder. As you discovered, that's why macOS could no longer boot.
  • If you don't mind reinstalling Linux once again, I would suggest this procedure:
    • Boot into macOS
    • Run Disk Utility and erase the Linux disk. Format it as follows:
      • Name: Anything appropriate
      • Format: exFAT (don't worry, Linux will change this to ext4)
      • Scheme: GUID Partition Map (this is critical -- this will create EFI partition)
  • Then shutdown the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF.
  • Physically disconnect/remove all macOS and Windows SSDs.
  • Power up the system and install Linux. Now there will be only one SDD, hence Linux will not corrupt any other EFI partition.
  • Then shutdown the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF once again.
  • Reinstall both macOS and Windows SSDs.
  • Boot into OpenCore Picker.
  • Do you see boot options now for all three operating systems?
  • If so, can OpenCore boot Linux properly?
Option 2:
If you post a screenshot of the Linux EFI folder (all directories expanded) I can see if we can quickly fix the problem. No guarantees, but this is simpler than reinstalling Linux.
Hey Casey,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did compare my Ubuntu Linux EFI folder to to the one you posted in your original answer and to my eyes they look identical. I can also boot Linux from BIOS just not OC. I've attached a picture if you are interested in looking at it. As you say, taking out the GPU and removing the two NVMe drives to install Linux risks causing a hardware issue with a working machine. Instead guess what...

I have two old Mac Pro's in the basement. One is the water cooled version with the IBM processor. The other is a 2009 Mac Pro. I though both were dead and I've been meaning to scrap them. But I decided to put a disk in the 2009 and try to boot the linux installer. Guess what, it booted. So instead of installing Linux on my new Hackintosh, I have installed it on my 2009 Mac Pro.

Thanks for the help! Brilliant as always!

Rand

Image 2-2-21 at 8.05 AM.jpg

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I select Windows 10 how Windows will know that it will need to use the 6800 XT and not the 5600 XT?

In Device Manager in Windows you can disable the other card, just like the ssdt does for macOS.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ and the others. I am about to pull the plug and get a 6800 XT. I'll use my 5600 XT until Big Sur supports 6xxx series, and I can transfer the 5600 XT to my other older PC. Someone mentioned that it is OK to add dual GPUs, and disable the 6800 XT in macOS via a SSDT. Which is fine since I believe there are guides on this forum.
The Z390 Designare build guide (at the bottom of that guide in post 1 of that thread) contains an SSDT to disable GPU in Slot 1, and another SSDT to disable GPU in Slot 2.

If you're using OpenCore, I would suggest modifying the SSDT by enclosing them in this conditional:
Code:
if (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
    // copy the code block here
}
This means that the GPU will only be disabled in macOS, but Windows can still use both cards. If you'd like me to check the modified SSDT, feel free to post it.
My next stupid question is about the display. I am assuming that with such configuration, you will need both card display ports (I am using DisplayPort) connected to 2 separate connectors on the monitor. If the monitor is recent enough there should not be a need to manually switch input (which my current monitor seems to do). However, I only have 1 DP so I am guessing I will need a switch 2 -> 1, something like that or use eventually the HDMI input on the monitor via a DP to HDMI adapter which I already have. Also I am also assuming that the card defined in the priority list in the BIOS for booting will be the one to display the boot post. Assuming that I have the 5600 XT first priority in the BIOS, then from the OC picker I select Windows 10 how Windows will know that it will need to use the 6800 XT and not the 5600 XT?
Because both cards have DP and HDMI, you can use DP from one card and HDMI from another.