Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello

Since I suspended the activity on Windows, I got a message about OpenCore telling me that the hardware was no longer recognized, and the OpenCore settings had to be reset (something like that, I don't remember very well :crazy:).

After that, I only have 2 boot devices left. (UFI OS and windows boot manager.)
Windows boot manager works correctly.
I can't boot on Apple OS anymor, it freezes on the Apple without any loading
Same issue with the bootable backup

@CaseySJ maybe you know whats wrong, and how to fix it?

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Since I suspended the activity on Windows, I got a message about OpenCore telling me that the hardware was no longer recognized, and the OpenCore settings had to be reset (something like that, I don't remember very well :crazy:).

After that, I only have 2 boot devices left. (UFI OS and windows boot manager.)
Windows boot manager works correctly.
I can't boot on Apple OS anymor, it freezes on the Apple without any loading
Same issue with the bootable backup

@CaseySJ maybe you know whats wrong, and how to fix it?
It sounds as if CFG-Lock has been enabled in BIOS --> Boot. If so, please disable and try booting macOS again.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K OC@5.3GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT + RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone installed Big Sur 11.2 (20D53). Is Thunderbolt hotplug still working? Doesn't seem to work for me using the latest TB3HP aml...but hotplug works fine in Windows, though.

The device powers on, even seems to connect DisplayPort data, but not USB or PCIe data. Device doesn't register with the kernel...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
How you can tie yourself up in knots......

I could not login to the App Store from my hack, no matter what I did. I changed everything, serial numbers, IDs, logged out of everything, you name it, I tried it. I went on the internet checking out and trying URL after URL post, and nothing. I could login with my Apple ID, even to Music, but the App Store was always no. I was now into the troubleshoot several hours and zippo.....no progress and nothing worked.

I was desperate, and was just about to post here.....but then I remembered something.

I remembered to use ifconfig to check my network interfaces....and I found no en0. I had an en2, etc, but no en0....

uh-oh....

I sort of remembered from a long time ago that this could be a problem, but couldn't remember what Apple process it would interfere with.

So, why no en0? Because I'm a bit over the top about not enabling excess stuff in the BIOS that I don't need. I had disabled the ethernet interfaces in the BIOS because I was using my Thunderbolt 10G adapter.

So, then after hours and hours of unnecessary troubleshooting, I re-enabled them, even put a driver in my config.plist, but did not plug in an ethernet cable to either of the built-in ethernet ports, and bingo, even without an ethernet cable plugged into it, en0 was there!

But, would it allow me to login to the App Store? Yes!

You know I really have to curtail my "sense of economy" in the future....

Thought this might be useful to show that even those of us who've been around for a while can overlook some obvious issues when something is not working.....:banghead:

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone installed Big Sur 11.2 (20D53). Is thunderbolt hotplug still working? Doesn't seem to work for me using the latest TB3HP aml...but hotplug works fine in windows though.

The device powers on, even seems to connect displayport data, but not USB or PCIe data. Device doesn't register with the kernel...
Fortunately Thunderbolt hotplug is working fine. Here is my Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro after hot plug:
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 8.46.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-22 at 8.46.42 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K OC@5.3GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT + RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fortunately Thunderbolt hotplug is working fine. Here is my Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro after hot plug:
View attachment 505841View attachment 505842
It's working for me now. It wasn't before...

I didn't do a thing except reset NVRAM, and boot into my backup which is on 11.0.1, upon which hotplug worked. Just tested again in 11.2 and now it works again...

The quirks of a Hack lol.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K OC@5.3GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT + RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
View attachment 505841View attachment 505842

Speaking of the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock,I'm looking forward to getting a Thunderbolt 4 dock later this year. OWC claims that the Thunderbolt 3 ports on Intel MacBooks function as Thunderbolt 4 ports in Big Sur, in that they support the hubbing feature of Thunderbolt 4.

See: https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-thunderbolt-dock

Given that Apple is using Titan Ridge on its Intel macbooks, I wonder if OWC's new dock will also work as intended on our Vision D Hacks...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 590
Hello
I received my WTXUP TX-BCM94360CD card.
WiFi works under macOS 11.1 and Win10, but Bluetooth does not.
I ordered this believing it was the "Fenvi" model

I would like to know the method you use to operate Bluetooth?
I have properly connected the cable to the motherboard.
Whether it is plugged into F_USB1 or 2, I cannot detect it in IORegistryExplorer
On the HS11 Hub I only see the NZXT cooling.
My setup:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel i9-10850K
Gigabyte RX 590

Do I feel like I got the wrong card? WTXUP TX-BCM94360CD

Can anyone enlighten me?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    278.2 KB · Views: 2
  • wificard.jpg
    wificard.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello
I received my WTXUP TX-BCM94360CD card.
WiFi works under macOS 11.1 and Win10, but Bluetooth does not.
I ordered this believing it was the "Fenvi" model

I would like to know the method you use to operate Bluetooth?
I have properly connected the cable to the motherboard.
Whether it is plugged into F_USB1 or 2, I cannot detect it in IORegistryExplorer
On the HS11 Hub I only see the NZXT cooling.
My setup:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel i9-10850K
Gigabyte RX 590

Do I feel like I got the wrong card? WTXUP TX-BCM94360CD

Can anyone enlighten me?
Some suggestions:
  • Perform CMOS Reset and configure all BIOS parameters again. Be sure to also disable CFG-Lock from the Boot section of BIOS Setup. Then check IORegistryExplorer once more.
  • If problem persists, please post your IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer (File --> Save As...).
  • Worst case, you may need to replace this with a genuine Fenvi or YOUBO.