Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello
I received my WTXUP TX-BCM94360CD card.
WiFi works under macOS 11.1 and Win10, but Bluetooth does not.
I ordered this believing it was the "Fenvi" model

I would like to know the method you use to operate Bluetooth?
I have properly connected the cable to the motherboard.
Whether it is plugged into F_USB1 or 2, I cannot detect it in IORegistryExplorer
On the HS11 Hub I only see the NZXT cooling.
My setup:
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
Intel i9-10850K
Gigabyte RX 590

Do I feel like I got the wrong card? WTXUP TX-BCM94360CD

Can anyone enlighten me?
Some suggestions:
  • Perform CMOS Reset and configure all BIOS parameters again. Be sure to also disable CFG-Lock from the Boot section of BIOS Setup. Then check IORegistryExplorer once more.
  • If problem persists, please post your IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer (File --> Save As...).
  • Worst case, you may need to replace this with a genuine Fenvi or YOUBO.

Some suggestions:
  • Perform CMOS Reset and configure all BIOS parameters again. Be sure to also disable CFG-Lock from the Boot section of BIOS Setup. Then check IORegistryExplorer once more.
  • If problem persists, please post your IOReg file from IORegistryExplorer (File --> Save As...).
  • Worst case, you may need to replace this with a genuine Fenvi or YOUBO.
Always the same I have nothing on HS11
Thank you for the reactivity!

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    7.8 MB · Views: 54
Always the same I have nothing on HS11
Thank you for the reactivity!
IOReg confirms that your system is configured properly. There's an NZXT device on one of the HS11 ports, but the Bluetooth device is missing. Some final suggestions:
  • Try moving the WiFi/BT PCIe card to another slot. Be sure to shutdown the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF when moving the card.
  • Inspect the USB data cable to see if there might be a defect. Do you have another similar USB cable?
  • Because Bluetooth fails under Windows and Mac (but not WiFi), I am beginning to suspect that the card itself or the Bluetooth USB cable might be bad.

Speaking of the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock,I'm looking forward to getting a Thunderbolt 4 dock later this year. OWC claims that the Thunderbolt 3 ports on Intel MacBooks function as Thunderbolt 4 ports in Big Sur, in that they support the hubbing feature of Thunderbolt 4.

See: https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-thunderbolt-dock

Given that Apple is using Titan Ridge on its Intel macbooks, I wonder if OWC's new dock will also work as intended on our Vision D Hacks...
The hubbing even works on Thunderbolt 2 Macs (someone tested multiple Thunderbolt 3 devices). Not sure about Hackintoshes though.

Speaking of the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock,I'm looking forward to getting a Thunderbolt 4 dock later this year. OWC claims that the Thunderbolt 3 ports on Intel MacBooks function as Thunderbolt 4 ports in Big Sur, in that they support the hubbing feature of Thunderbolt 4.

See: https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-thunderbolt-dock

Given that Apple is using Titan Ridge on its Intel macbooks, I wonder if OWC's new dock will also work as intended on our Vision D Hacks...
Just a little trivia:
  • System Information --> Thunderbolt has been changed to Thunderbolt/USB4
2020 13" Apple MacBook Pro (Ice Lake):
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 4.55.51 PM.png

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzentosh):
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 5.03.22 PM.png

Last edited:
IOReg confirms that your system is configured properly. There's an NZXT device on one of the HS11 ports, but the Bluetooth device is missing. Some final suggestions:
  • Try moving the WiFi/BT PCIe card to another slot. Be sure to shutdown the system and flip power switch on PSU to OFF when moving the card.
  • Inspect the USB data cable to see if there might be a defect. Do you have another similar USB cable?
  • Because Bluetooth fails under Windows and Mac (but not WiFi), I am beginning to suspect that the card itself or the Bluetooth USB cable might be bad.
I quickly thought of the cable but I only have this one unfortunately.
The continuity is good.
I cannot find the wiring for this connector
Maybe you can compare it to yours?

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    7.7 MB · Views: 52
  • cable1.jpg
    cable1.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 54
  • cable2.jpg
    cable2.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 48
I quickly thought of the cable but I only have this one unfortunately.
The continuity is good.
I cannot find the wiring for this connector
Maybe you can compare it to yours?
The wiring looks correct. Because you were able to check continuity, it means the cable is also good. This leaves two rather frustrating options:
  • Try moving the card to another PCIe slot.
  • Replace the card with a Fenvi or YOUBO. ABWB cards are also known to work. If you'd like us to check a particular product link for you before you buy, just post the link.

The wiring looks correct. Because you were able to check continuity, it means the cable is also good. This leaves two rather frustrating options:
  • Try moving the card to another PCIe slot.
  • Replace the card with a Fenvi or YOUBO. ABWB cards are also known to work. If you'd like us to check a particular product link for you before you buy, just post the link.

To tell the truth, I think I have scoured the attempts and possibilities before asking you.
I didn't want to ask too much because you are already providing an operational EFI which is already great.
I'm going to order a fenvi and be able to go to sleep!
Is it this one?

Just a little trivia:
  • System Information --> Thunderbolt has been changed to Thunderbolt/USB4
2020 13" Apple MacBook Pro (Ice Lake):
View attachment 505888

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (AMD Ryzentosh):
View attachment 505890
I noticed that too! But wasn’t sure as to the significance of Apple adding USB4 to the menu name...

Makes me wonder if there’ll be thunderbolt/usb4 bus support (without needing to flash the controller) for third party USB4 controllers if/when they arrive. Currently, if my understanding is correct, only Intel (maple ridge) and I guess Apple (with its M1) have a USB4 compliant controller.

To tell the truth, I think I have scoured the attempts and possibilities before asking you.
I didn't want to ask too much because you are already providing an operational EFI which is already great.
I'm going to order a fenvi and be able to go to sleep!
Is it this one?
Yes that’s the one. Let’s hope second time’s the charm...

Back