Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello @chenxiwei1u,

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear the build went well. Please try this procedure to fix the OCS: No Schema warning:
  • Download and run OpenCore Configurator 2.23.0.0 or newer.
  • Change its settings to OpenCore 0.6.5 Release Version. This is very important. View attachment 505493View attachment 505492
  • Then open your config.plist and save it back (File --> Save).
  • Now reboot the computer and check if the warning is gone.

Unfortunately, until Apple provides a driver for RX 6800, we cannot use it to drive a Thunderbolt monitor.
its work, thank you !

This may actually be okay. As long as it goes back to sleep it's okay. This happens to me as well. Sleep/wake behavior has become very complicated in macOS so it's okay to overlook some of these glitches.
Actually since upgrading to 11.1, sleep does not work anymore by itself.
To summarise, since 11.1 the following does not work or behave strangely:
- system does not go to sleep anymore after timer times out in system preferences
- regardless of GPRW enabled or disabled in config.plist, system can only be woken up by pressing the power button
- system will wake up 3-4 times during sleep for less than a minute and goes back to sleep (never happened prior to 11.1)

Only way to sleep now is to force it manually via the menu option.
I am on 0.6.5 and it was working fine before 11.1

Maybe I can completely disable second display (TV) in macOS? I have some glitches with it and I want to use it only for Windows gaming.
We can disable the entire AMD GPU if it's in slot 1 or slot 2, but not individual video ports. You could, however, try disabling WhateverGreen. In that case some video ports on the AMD GPU might turn off, but I cannot predict which ones.

You may also try posting your question in the Post Installation --> Graphics forum of this website.

Actually since upgrading to 11.1, sleep does not work anymore by itself.
To summarise, since 11.1 the following does not work or behave strangely:
- system does not go to sleep anymore after timer times out in system preferences
- regardless of GPRW enabled or disabled in config.plist, system can only be woken up by pressing the power button
- system will wake up 3-4 times during sleep for less than a minute and goes back to sleep (never happened prior to 11.1)

Only way to sleep now is to force it manually via the menu option.
I am on 0.6.5 and it was working fine before 11.1
Does it help if you do the following?
  • In BIOS Setup, disable XMP Memory Profile 1. (You can still set memory speed manually to either 2666MHz or 2933MHz, but not any higher.)
  • Physically disconnect the Bluetooth USB data cable.

HI! Checked this they are both DHCP, see screenshots. And I have attached the save file from IORegistry Explorer.
I don't think I see the red port actually, I only see one Ethernet port.

For some reason Propertree doesn't want to open on this computer but from what i can see in OCConfigurator both those kexts are installed and active.

Thanks to you both!
There's nothing wrong with either of the two Ethernet ports. Please connect a different computer or laptop into the exact same Ethernet cable and see if the other computer or laptop connects to the network. At this time I suspect:
  • Bad Ethernet cable
  • Bad cable connection on one or both ends
  • The hub on the other end is not working or not connected to the network
  • Your network might be using Jumbo Frames (large MTUs) -- check your main router. This is an unlikely scenario unless default router settings were modified.
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.14.51 AM.png

For some reason Propertree doesn't want to open on this computer

There is a fix for this on the Propertree GitHub page but the latest Big Sur beta seems to have fixed it anyway, atm.

There's nothing wrong with either of the two Ethernet ports. Please connect a different computer or laptop into the exact same Ethernet cable and see if the other computer or laptop connects to the network. At this time I suspect:
  • Bad Ethernet cable
  • Bad cable connection on one or both ends
  • The hub on the other end is not working or not connected to the network
  • Your network might be using Jumbo Frames (large MTUs) -- check your main router. This is an unlikely scenario unless default router settings were modified.
View attachment 505571
Well, the Ethernet cable had been working for years, until unplugged a couple days ago, on my old hack tower right next to my current tower. So I don't think it's the cable. I'm able to use the internet via Wifi so the router/wifi hub are working. I don't really know how to find out about the Jumbo frames, can you elaborate a little on that?

Thanks

Does it help if you do the following?
  • In BIOS Setup, disable XMP Memory Profile 1. (You can still set memory speed manually to either 2666MHz or 2933MHz, but not any higher.)
  • Physically disconnect the Bluetooth USB data cable.
@CaseySJ To answer your suggestion:
1. I am not using XMP profile 1 but xmp profile 2. My memory is hynix fury 3600mhz 64GB in total (4 x 16GB). So the memory supports 3600Mhz. Always had XMP profile 2 selected since 0.5.9
2. I can disconnect the BT cable and try

On a different note, is anybody on this forum running big sur 11.1 with an AMD 6800 or 6800 XT graphic card? if so what are the performances? I read in a previous post here on this forum that someone had tried and performances were bad but that was on 11.0.1 and there were signs that 11.1 was going to support AMD 68xx chipsets. I have an AMD 5600 XT and recently bought a HP reverb G2 VR helmet for MS flight sim 2020 on windows. But the 5600 XT is borderline to run VR in its full specs. And running the Steam VR performance tool shows that the 5600 XT is not up to the task when it comes to VR. Hence I am looking at getting a 6800 or 6800XT. They are scarce but the local shop has a few available 6800 under Gigabyte or XFX brands, a few 6800 XT under the XFX brands.
Would you recommend the Gigabyte over the XFX, the other way round or none of them? The other brands like Asus, Sapphire, etc. are out of stock.

Back