Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Okay, let's switch to a less ambitious alternative as follows:
  • Disable the ACPI patch: Change _E20 to XE20
  • Disable the previous Thunderbolt SSDT
  • Copy the attached SSDT to OC/ACPI folder (SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml)
  • Add an entry for this in ACPI section of config.plist
  • Reboot
This version will not try to activate Thunderbolt Bus so no need to look at System Information --> Thunderbolt. Instead, please see if any Thunderbolt device connects and works ...
  • ... when connected and powered on before boot.
  • ... when hot-plugged.
Also post another IOReg file. Still puzzled why device NHI0 is not showing up under RP05.
Hi @CaseySJ

Between the last post and this one, I finally got in the BIOS of the Lenovo YOGA 730-13IWL in another thread on this forum. First, I thought it was an April’s fool, but it actually worked, and now I have access to all setting in the BIOS.

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power button to turn on
3. F2 to enter the normal BIOS
4. Power button to turn off
5. Immediately, with the power off, press the following keys in sequence:
F1 → 1 → Q → A → Z
F2 → 2 → W → S → X
F3 → 3 → E → D → C
F4 → 4 → R → F → V
F5 → 5 → T → G → B
F6 → 6 → Y → H → N
6. Turn on the power button
7. press F2 to enter the hidden BIOS (if unsuccessful, please speed up your hand and try again)

I have attached a couple of screens, where you can see my bios settings regarding Thunderbolt. I have tried to copy the settings from the Z490 Vision D in this thread.

Then I booted up again with both your files SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-TbtOnPch-Lenovo-730-13IWL-V2.aml, and your changes to the config.plist, and now I think things are different.

But the Thunderbolt shows up in the PCI section like the Z490 Vision D with a non-flashed Thunderbolt chip.

Do things look ok to you, and should I use the 1st or 2nd version of the Thunderbolt SSDT file you sent me?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • Jørns MacBookPro15,1.ioreg
    22.8 MB · Views: 29
  • Skærmbillede 2021-01-18 kl. 14.24.49.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-01-18 kl. 14.24.49.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Skærmbillede 2021-01-18 kl. 15.13.00.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-01-18 kl. 15.13.00.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 37
Nope. Still the same thing. Wake works only via the power button.
Note that I used the genuine Apple combo wifi+BT card with a PCIEx1 adapter. Also not sure if it is related but up to last week, I was on big sur 11.0.1 and as mentioned before sleep was working fine. I work from home due to the covid pandemic and today was my first day working back home after the Xmas break. while working from home, I noticed something strange; the system, woke up on its own 3 to 4 times for a couple of minutes or less then went back to sleep.
This may actually be okay. As long as it goes back to sleep it's okay. This happens to me as well. Sleep/wake behavior has become very complicated in macOS so it's okay to overlook some of these glitches.

thank you CaseySJ for your great work , the hacktonish is successful .
I found this prompt on the screen when booting(ops: no schema for 2 at 3 index, context<input> !) ,I googled it and it turned out to be config.plist It doesn't match with OpenCORE 0.65. I downloaded the whole openfire0.65 package and changed the plist which is replace on https://hackindrom.zapto.org/, I would appreciate for your help .thank you very much.
Hello @chenxiwei1u,

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear the build went well. Please try this procedure to fix the OCS: No Schema warning:
  • Download and run OpenCore Configurator 2.23.0.0 or newer.
  • Change its settings to OpenCore 0.6.5 Release Version. This is very important.
    Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.51.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.51.38 AM.png
  • Then open your config.plist and save it back (File --> Save).
  • Now reboot the computer and check if the warning is gone.

I use the same Computer accessories as you except graphics card RX6800, waiting for the next macOS version, since I upgrade the bios to F7C , I can not configure IGPU or pci e1 ,because it is missing , I found Similar feedback above ,I can only no power supply connected the graphics card , the pc boot normally,
at the same time ,I change the plist '-wegnoepu' but no help

power supply connected the graphics card + F7C and later + ‘-wegnoepu’ = boot failure (I connect monitor ultrafine 4K 21.5 to motherboard back first TB3 via a usb c cable and it goes well ) so I can only remove or no power supply to the rx6800

View attachment 505463
Unfortunately, until Apple provides a driver for RX 6800, we cannot use it to drive a Thunderbolt monitor.

Hi @CaseySJ

Between the last post and this one, I finally got in the bios of the Lenovo YOGA 730-13IWL in another thread on this forum. First, I thought it was an April’s fool, but it actually worked and now I have access to all setting in the bios.

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power button to turn on
3. F2 to enter the normal BIOS
4. Power button to turn off
5. Immediately, with the power off, press the following keys in sequence:
F1 → 1 → Q → A → Z
F2 → 2 → W → S → X
F3 → 3 → E → D → C
F4 → 4 → R → F → V
F5 → 5 → T → G → B
F6 → 6 → Y → H → N
6. Turn on the power button
7. press F2 to enter the hidden BIOS (if unsuccessful, please speed up your hand and try again)
Wow, that definitely looks like an April fool's joke! Your Thunderbolt BIOS settings all look correct.

I have attached a couple of screens, where you can see my bios settings regarding Thunderbolt. I have tried to copy the settings from the Z490 Vision D in this thread.

Then I booted up again with both your files SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-TbtOnPch-Lenovo-730-13IWL-V2.aml and your changes to the config.plist and now I think things are different.

But the thunderbolt shows up in the PCI section like the Z490 Vision D with a non-flashed thunderbolt chip.

Do things look ok to you, and should I use the 1st or 2nd version of the Tbt ssdt file you sent me?

Thanks a lot.
With the latest SSDT, NHI0 is finally detected and configured. Now you should be able to connect Thunderbolt devices. Hot plug should also work. The ACPI rename must be turned off (that is, we don't need "Change _E20 to XE20").

Please continue to this SSDT. Thunderbolt Bus will not be activated, but that is not needed by most users.
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 10.02.33 AM.png

Hi @CaseySJ is it possible to disable specific HDMI port in macOS?
We can disable the on-board HDMI port rather easily. But disabling a port on an AMD GPU is more complicated and should not be attempted.

Glad to hear it!

Self-assigned IP can be due to several factors. The most obvious one is this:
  • Click on the Ethernet port and check whether the port is being configured via DHCP. Feel free to post a screenshot.
  • Then click on the other Ethernet port and do the same.
View attachment 505280
We can also check whether the red port (2.5GbE) is activated by looking at your IOReg file. Simply download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file.
HI! Checked this they are both DHCP, see screenshots. And I have attached the save file from IORegistry Explorer.
I don't think I see the red port actually, I only see one Ethernet port.

Gonzorifico,

For the second port to work, you’ll need to add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext to your EFI/OC/Kexts folder and update your config.plist (I use Propertree’s OC Snapshot update method). It should work.
For some reason Propertree doesn't want to open on this computer but from what i can see in OCConfigurator both those kexts are installed and active.

Thanks to you both!

Attachments

• Mico’s iMac 20,1.ioreg
    14.1 MB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 6.55.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 6.55.27 PM.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 6.55.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 6.55.35 PM.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 34
Wow, that definitely looks like an April fool's joke! Your Thunderbolt BIOS settings all look correct.

With the latest SSDT, NHI0 is finally detected and configured. Now you should be able to connect Thunderbolt devices. Hot plug should also work. The ACPI rename must be turned off (that is, we don't need "Change _E20 to XE20").

Please continue to this SSDT. Thunderbolt Bus will not be activated, but that is not needed by most users.
View attachment 505495
Hi @CaseySJ

Just to be sure - which SSDT of your files, would be the best to use?
  • SSDT-TbtOnPch-Lenovo-730-13IWL.aml
  • SSDT-TbtOnPch-Lenovo-730-13IWL-V2.aml
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
And does this apply:
The ACPI rename must be turned off (that is, we don't need "Change _E20 to XE20")
no matter which SSDT I should use?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Hi @CaseySJ

Just to be sure - which SSDT of your files, would be the best to use?
  • SSDT-TbtOnPch-Lenovo-730-13IWL.aml
  • SSDT-TbtOnPch-Lenovo-730-13IWL-V2.aml
  • SSDT-TB3-HackinDROM.aml
And does this apply:
The ACPI rename must be turned off (that is, we don't need "Change _E20 to XE20")
no matter which SSDT I should use?

Thank you very much for your help :)
Please use the third SSDT and disable or delete the ACPI rename. After rebooting, check whether Thunderbolt hot plug works.

We can disable the on-board HDMI port rather easily. But disabling a port on an AMD GPU is more complicated and should not be attempted.
Maybe I can completely disable second display (TV) in macOS? I have some glitches with it and I want to use it only for Windows gaming.

Back