Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Bent pins are never a good thing so let's see if the new board+GPU works correctly. If so, then we can attribute the above failures to bent pins.
Will be sure to report back with my findings when the new board arrives. Will see if I can get the other one fixed in the mean time!

Still no luck with getting Thunderbolt enabled - Should SSP1 and SSP2 show up in Hackintool? I have no Thunderbolt devices to check with at the moment, but I was potentially thinking of upgrading my Audio interface so I'd like to make sure it's working first! I have a couple of other strange things like the UHD 630 not being recognised properly in Hackintool also.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 14.30.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 14.30.13.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 14.30.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 14.30.46.png
    696.5 KB · Views: 40
Thank you for this, I think off the top of my head this is set to auto. Looks like I need to get it set to low.
The work load I put on this is not heavy as it’s audio, but I occasionally might render a small video tutorials which can range from 5 minutes to 45 minutes with basic edits. It’s by no means a full video production!
You may need to test different LLC values for system stability. Test on "low", and in case of stability issues try to set it to higher value.

Thanks CaseySJ, I completed my build. I have a couple of things I need help with. iGPU HDMI audio, I do not see the option in my Sound Preference pane. Also Wake from sleep does not work, oddly the speakers make a "dong" sound when the keyboard is pressed. Using Catalina 15.7

Will be sure to report back with my findings when the new board arrives. Will see if I can get the other one fixed in the mean time!

Still no luck with getting Thunderbolt enabled - Should SSP1 and SSP2 show up in Hackintool? I have no Thunderbolt devices to check with at the moment, but I was potentially thinking of upgrading my Audio interface so I'd like to make sure it's working first! I have a couple of other strange things like the UHD 630 not being recognised properly in Hackintool also.
SSP1 and SSP2 should appear in IORegistryExplorer --> RP05 --> DSB2 --> XHC3. Simply post a screenshot of the RP05 section if unsure. However, we really should try connecting a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 device; that's the only way to be sure.

Thanks CaseySJ, I completed my build. I have a couple of things I need help with. iGPU HDMI audio, I do not see the option in my Sound Preference pane. Also Wake from sleep does not work, oddly the speakers make a "dong" sound when the keyboard is pressed. Using Catalina 15.7
Hello @MiFo2035,

Some questions:
  • Which version of BIOS are you running?
  • When you configured BIOS, did you start with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults)?
  • Are there any audio output options in System Preferences --> Sound --> Output? Feel free to post a screenshot (CMD-SHIFT-5).
In more than 95% of cases, wake from sleep issues are due to a USB device connected to one of the internal F_USB headers on the motherboard. What are the makes/models of all devices connected to those headers?

SSP1 and SSP2 should appear in IORegistryExplorer --> RP05 --> DSB2 --> XHC3. Simply post a screenshot of the RP05 section if unsure. However, we really should try connecting a USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 device; that's the only way to be sure.

My bootable backup now lives in an external USB-C enclosure (instead of internally). Here is a screenshot of my RP05 section with the disk plugged in.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 16.53.24.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 16.53.24.png
    309 KB · Views: 34
My bootable backup now lives in an external USB-C enclosure (instead of internally). Here is a screenshot of my RP05 section with the disk plugged in.
Very good. It's working.

Casey,

I keep having Sleep/Wake issues especially since updating to Big Sur. I tried some suggestions from the Sleep/Wake thread. Here is what I found out.

1. I unplugged all USB devices even from the motherboard. Sleep/Wake appears to work normally.
2. I then plugged all USB devices back in except for the YOBO WiFi card, because this is what I expect is causing Sleep/Wake to fail. Sleep/Wake appears to work normally.
3. I then plugged in the YOBO WiFi into the card header USB 1/3 (it had been previously plugged into USB 2/4). Sleep/Wake failed plugged into either motherboard USB port.

The pmset log shows what I think caused the wake:

2020-12-01 10:16:22 -0600 Wake Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XDCI USBW/User Using AC (Charge:0%) 168 secs

So it looks like the YOBO card is triggering wake via the SSDT-USBW ACPI which is the one included in your download. My guess as a NOOB anyway.

So my question is, not knowing anything about SSDT-USB configuration, is there a way to modify the SSDT-USBW to prevent wake on USB 1/3 or USB 2/4 or both?

Thanks again for your great instruction and help with issues!

Rand

Very good. It's working.
Oh excellent! I didn't see SSP1 or SSP2 so I assumed something was wrong. So essentially, as long as the USB3 side of the USB-C port is working, Thunderbolt will too?

Casey,

I keep having Sleep/Wake issues especially since updating to Big Sur. I tried some suggestions from the Sleep/Wake thread. Here is what I found out.

1. I unplugged all USB devices even from the motherboard. Sleep/Wake appears to work normally.
2. I then plugged all USB devices back in except for the YOBO WiFi card, because this is what I expect is causing Sleep/Wake to fail. Sleep/Wake appears to work normally.
3. I then plugged in the YOBO WiFi into the card header USB 1/3 (it had been previously plugged into USB 2/4). Sleep/Wake failed plugged into either motherboard USB port.

The pmset log shows what I think caused the wake:

2020-12-01 10:16:22 -0600 Wake Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XDCI USBW/User Using AC (Charge:0%) 168 secs

So it looks like the YOBO card is triggering wake via the SSDT-USBW ACPI which is the one included in your download. My guess as a NOOB anyway.

So my question is, not knowing anything about SSDT-USB configuration, is there a way to modify the SSDT-USBW to prevent wake on USB 1/3 or USB 2/4 or both?

Thanks again for your great instruction and help with issues!

Rand
Please try disabling (a) SSDT-USBW.aml in OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI, and (b) USBWakeFixup.kext in OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel. Then reboot and try sleep again.

Back