Core i7-4770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
That's much better! Thunderbolt is working now (please ignore System Information --> Thunderbolt). However, there's a little problem shown in red below, which the attached SSDT should be able to fix.

Simply do the following:
  • Mount EFI partition of internal SSD and copy the attached file to EFI/OC/ACPI folder.
  • Run OpenCore Configurator, open your config.plist, and make the following changes:
    • In the ACPI section, uncheck SSDT-TB2HP.aml
    • Click the "+" button at the bottom right and select SSDT-TB3HP-V2.aml from the EFI/OC/ACPI folder
    • Save the modified config.plist
  • Reboot
  • Feel free to post the IOReg file again if you like (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...).

View attachment 497913

Attachments

• imac3.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 15
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If it’s anything like mine, the EFI partition will be from your macOS backup.

The quickest way to tell would be to shut down, unplug a drive and then reboot see what is missing from the picker. Rinse and repeat until you find the culprit!
Well as it turns out it wasn't from my macOS backup...it was either from the boot disk or the USB stick. I know this because I found out (AFTER formatting my main boot drive) that the backup somehow didn't have the updated EFI folder with the OpenCore deployment. :banghead: So the configuration I had with that serial number is gone. Whoops.

Luckily, the new Big Sur deployment seems to be working just fine all things considered. Aside from the known DRM not working issue, things seem nice and stable once I got rid of my preference cruft that I had on the old machine thanks to Migration Assistant. Manually moving all my files (including Plex Server configuration and whatnot) does suck though...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Have you attemped a completely fresh install of Big Sur 11.01 yet? I am wondering how it went if so? Thanks

I can second this -- ground up install of Big Sur on a freshly-formatted SSD stick. Working great. Need to confirm stability of the system for days (I run mine 24/7 since it has Plex Media Server on it), but no problems to date...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Hi there, Not sure if you remember but when I transitioned from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2 I could not boot anymore from the Windows 10 NVMe drive. I would pick Windows 10 from OC picker then I would see Windows 10 spinning dots for a few seconds then it would reboot. I was hoping that with 0.6.3 this would have been fixed even if I have not idea what the root cause was but unfortunately it was not. The issue is still the same one. Any suggestion? If I reloaded the 0.6.1 it worked when I had Catalina but now that I have updated to Big Sur, I am not sure if it will work.
I guess one solution would be to reinstall windows 10? but then I have to re-download 110GB of Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 :(
Would like to avoid it if possible.
Thanks

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Noob question: I'm doing a very similar build but having trouble understanding how the system will react to a multiple hard drive setup. In theory what I would like to achieve is utilizing a smaller M.2 NMVe (256GB) to run system functionality, and a second larger one to store all of my music production stuff. I' would expect this just shows up as 2 separate drives in finder?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Noob question: I'm doing a very similar build but having trouble understanding how the system will react to a multiple hard drive setup. In theory what I would like to achieve is utilising a smaller M.2 NMVe (256GB) to run system functionality, and a second larger one to store all of my music production stuff. I' would expect this just shows up as 2 separate drives in finder?
Yeah you should have 2 separate drives available in Finder.
@CaseySJ Hi there, Not sure if you remember but when I transitioned from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2 I could not boot anymore from the Windows 10 NVMe drive. I would pick Windows 10 from OC picker then I would see Windows 10 spinning dots for a few seconds then it would reboot. I was hoping that with 0.6.3 this would have been fixed even if I have not idea what the root cause was but unfortunately it was not. The issue is still the same one. Any suggestion? If I reloaded the 0.6.1 it worked when I had Catalina but now that I have updated to Big Sur, I am not sure if it will work.
I guess one solution would be to reinstall windows 10? but then I have to re-download 110GB of Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 :(
Thanks
If you did reinstall, could you not backup MS Flight Sim to an external drive?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks
Sure; will take another look at this soon. It may be necessary to add the same ‘conditional’ statement to every SSDT.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Noob question: I'm doing a very similar build but having trouble understanding how the system will react to a multiple hard drive setup. In theory what I would like to achieve is utilising a smaller M.2 NMVe (256GB) to run system functionality, and a second larger one to store all of my music production stuff. I' would expect this just shows up as 2 separate drives in finder?
Separating the System disk from a relatively large Home (or data) disk makes a lot of sense. There is a procedure for it here (Post 1):

E05B9897-79A7-4FBF-B70E-5BBC43D23A77.jpeg

In your particular case there are two physically separate drives, so there’s no need to create another volume on a single disk. If the larger data drive is already formatted, just skip to the bottom of the spoiler to see instructions for pointing the home folder to a different drive. Once this is done, you cannot rename the home folder!!

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Separating the System disk from a relatively large Home (or data) disk makes a lot of sense. There is a procedure for it here (Post 1):

View attachment 498085

In your particular case there are two physically separate drives, so there’s no need to create another volume on a single disk. If the larger data drive is already formatted, just skip to the bottom of the spoiler to see instructions for pointing the home folder to a different drive. Once this is done, you cannot rename the home folder!!
Lovely, thanks. Am I missing something though? The image doesn't seem to have full instructions/link?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570 4Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As far as I remember, someone in this thread asked about a double GPU Nvidia + AMD. Has anyone tried to run the system with Nvidia GPU and AMD at the same time? Is it possible to install Nvidia in the Slot-1 (for PCI-E 4.0 on next gen CPU), and then turn it off, for example, via DSDT (AFAIK, sleep not works if macOS "can see" Nvidia GPU)?