Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks Casey, that worked like a charm, just with the side effect of breaking my custom icon for Big Sur. 2 steps forward, 1 step back as usual :lol:

I only tried the once but didn't get it working at all, custom icons & labels that is. I thought I had read the documentation OK but it seems not so. At some point I'll have a look for a proper guide to see where I went wrong - and find some decent icons.

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Please double-check the steps outlined in the previous reply to ensure that V2 of the SSDT is enabled and that the original version is disabled.

View attachment 498175

I never had a V2, I had a V3, does this look right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.19.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.19.16 PM.png
    399 KB · Views: 76
Yeah you should have 2 separate drives available in Finder.

If you did reinstall, could you not backup MS Flight Sim to an external drive?
Not sure if you can back it up. I doubt

Hai @CaseySJ N everyone
Please help!!

My motherboard is Z490 vision D. Slot 1 I use RTX 3080 for windows. Slot 2 RX Vega 56 My question: - I want to disable for Slot 1

Just came here with my very first post to report a success:

@CaseySJ, very happy to report that following your instructions I have now a fully working Hackintosh!

Very excited, indeed.
Hello @bravo030,

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

... Just finished going through the whole 379 pages, LOL.

I still do have a couple of questions (please forgive me if I missed the info somewhere in between):

1) For the life of mine I could not work out the issue of changing of the name of the CPU. I tried everything, but the type of CPU will not change. I already tried your suggestions to omit "" and also to use /. To no avail. I am on English version of Catalina (en) and on German keyboard (obviously making sure that " is " and y is y and not z).

I receive a report that "No such xattr: com.apple.quarantine". After which all commands are accepted and I am prompted at the end to confirm the desired change, sometimes with my password sometimes w/o, but nothing works.

-> I start to believe that the commands do not work on the latest Catalina version.

Do you have an idea how could I change the name of the CPU?
When you run the command in Terminal, what output or message do you see? Changing the CPU name is cosmetic only and serves no functional purpose, so do keep that in mind.

2) Should I change to iMacPro for a better performance and 5700 utilisation? If so, which one and would you please point me to the right how can I do it.
Also is there anything I should be mindful of?
Changing to iMacPro1,1 can produce better rendering/exporting times in Final Cut Pro and perhaps some other video production apps. You can run your own A/B comparisons with your own specific workflows to determine whether iMacPro1,1 or iMac19,1 (or iMac20,2) gives you the best results.

3) How can I control the DDR4 RGB? They are flashing permanently in some weird color change mode cycle whereas all other RGBs are fixed with your "tech talk" tool?
This is not possible in macOS at this time. It can, however, be changed from Windows by downloading and running Gigabyte's RGB Fusion 2.0 application.

4) And the final question, if I may, which connector on the board did you use to control the LED of the Pure Base 500DX? I cannot control mine via software neither under Window native Fusion 2.0 not let alone under MacOS. Would appreciate any pointers to what could be the solution.
I'm using the 5V addressable RGB header on the top of the motherboard (with 3 pins). It works very well with liquidctl.

@CaseySJ Thanks for your response.
Sadly, I was not able to solve the issues using different ports from the Vision-D.
The Battery is also fully charged. This issue occurs since upgrading to OC 0.6.3 and Big Sur. With Catalina I had no issues at all.
Not sure why this would be happening. All 5 of my Hackintoshes have no trouble with Logitech wireless devices. If you have a real Mac, try using the same Unifying Receiver and Mouse.
Additionally, I encountered another Problem with the Sleep/Wake mode leading to crashes.
When the PC goes to sleep and I wake it immediately or after the display went to power save mode the wake does work without any issues and I can continue using the Mac.
But when I wait for around 30 seconds the pc turns off and after starting it again to Big Sur I get the following error report.
I tried it several times and it is reproducible. I upgrades after the Big Sur Public Release and used your Upgrade guide to OC 0.6.3 with the attached config files.

Two suggestions:
  1. Please see similar problem reported here.
  2. Refer to the Sleep Aid:

Last edited:
I never had a V2, I had a V3, does this look right?
Are you sure you never had a V2?

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 6.04.16 AM.png

Anyway, the screenshot looks correct. Thunderbolt and USB-C devices may not work until the issue in the red box is resolved. An alternative is to simply disable this SSDT, in which case Thunderbolt hot-plug capability will be lost.

Hi Casey,

Thanks!
When you run the command in Terminal, what output or message do you see? Changing the CPU name is cosmetic only and serves no functional purpose, so do keep that in mind.

This is what it looks like:

Screenshot CPU name.png

You can run your own A/B comparisons with your own specific workflows to determine whether iMacPro1,1 or iMac19,1 (or iMac20,2) gives you the best results.
Is there a step-by-step instruction on how can I switch to iMacPro1,1 w/o re-doing the whole installation?

This is not possible in macOS at this time. It can, however, be changed from Windows by downloading and running Gigabyte's RGB Fusion 2.0 application.
Strangely, I am able to change the RAMS under windows, but then after booting into MacOS RAMS are off. Everything else (the 5700 and the board) keep their designated colors.

I'm using the 5V addressable RGB header on the top of the motherboard (with 3 pins). It works very well with liquidctl.

Me too, any yet I cannot see the case RGB neither in Fusion 2.0 nor under Liquidctl.

Any ideas?

Hi Casey,

Thanks!

This is what it looks like:

View attachment 498308
Hmm, the output looks correct. Will try this myself in 10.15.7 soon.

Is there a step-by-step instruction on how can I switch to iMacPro1,1 w/o re-doing the whole installation?
Just change System Product Name in OpenCore Configurator --> Platform Info --> Datahub to iMacPro1,1 and reboot. Just that simple.
Strangely, I am able to change the RAMS under windows, but then after booting into MacOS RAMS are off. Everything else (the 5700 and the board) keep their designated colors.
Alas we have may to live with that.
Me too, any yet I cannot see the case RGB neither in Fusion 2.0 nor under Liquidctl.

Any ideas?
By default, the LED strip on the BeQuiet case is controlled by its own controller. There is a procedure in the owner's manual to switch it to external (motherboard) control.

Back