Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ

I also noticed in 0.6.3, USB in the TB3 ports are not working: the driver is shown "disabled" in PCI section.

Interesting! The main difference between the two files is that mine is enclosed in the conditional block:
Code:
if (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
    // Create Thunderbolt device tree
}
Anyway, please continue to use your file.

IMG_3647.jpg

Last edited:
Found a weird issue with Catalina on my i9 490 D build. In System Prefs it says not connected to network, but I am. I have an IP address when I scan for it, but it is not connected in Network settings. If I turn it off in Network settings, I am still connected. Any ideas what is going on?
I had the same Beauvoir in my system
My post
solved downgrading the bios and then upgrading again

First, thank you CaseySJ, this guide has been incredible and I'm really close to a system I'm incredibly happy about.

I have one issue that I'm still experimenting with but wanted to check in for feedback on.

I have basically the system you've outlined plus the Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 card (for LG Ultrafine 5k support) and the YOUBO wifi/bluetooth card. (Neither have the patched firmware)

The issue is when I attach the USB headers from both the Titan Ridge card and the YOUBO card, I no longer have the ability to use my Apollo x4, it isn't detected at all. If I unplug the USB header on the YOUBO it is detected fine, but then I have no bluetooth. I could try to get a USB Header splitter to only use the one MOBO header to see if that helps. (Note the Apollo is not detected in either the MOBO Thunderbolt 3 or the PCIe Card when both headers are connected)

Has anyone else run into this or have any ideas?

Update: Suddenly they are both working on a reboot, doesn't seem consistent and having sample rate issues with the Apollo. I'm going to flash the chips, will report back.
If you install the GC-TItan Ridge v2.0 inside the Z490 Vision D, it is necessary to connect the Middle and Top pins of the 5-pin J1 header. When holding the card vertically such that the PCIe pins are pointing to the floor, connect the middle and top pins of the J1 header with a breadboard jumper wire.

It is not necessary to connect the two USB headers on the GC-Titan Ridge. This means you won't be able to connect USB 2.0 devices to the two Thunderbolt ports on the GC-Titan Ridge, but that should be okay for most people.

Flashing the controller may or may not make a difference, but I agree with your decision to try it anyway.

Hiya, quick question about fan and pump headers. I've just built a system with the following spec:

Case: Gamemax Black hole (comes with an rgb fan hub)
Mobo: Z490 Vision D
CPU: 10850k
Cooler: Coolermaster ML280 mirror AIO
Mem: 64GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3600 CL18
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 5700 xt

Initially I've built the system running both AIO fans from the the CPU and CPU opt headers, the pump is powered by the fan/Pump6 header and the three case fans are plugged into the fan hub which is powered by a sata cable with the pwm signal coming from the sys 2 header.

I was just about to embark upon hackintoshing it when I read your preamble regarding the importance of using the fan headers in order. My reason for choosing those particular headers for the aio and system fans was predominantly for a clean build. In the case of the pump, I chose the fan/pump6 header as it was the neatest option that was specified for pump use. On a previous build I found that when I tried to power the pump from either of the cpu fan headers (a MSI Z170A Gaming M3) it killed the power output both headers, no fan would run from them afterwards but they did still provide a pwm signal. Because of this I'm wary of connecting the pump to a header that isnt designed for such a load.

Will this setup cause me problems for the hackintosh build?
It's perfectly okay to connect the Fans and Pump in the manner you've described. When the system is up and running, simply install and run HWMonitorSMC2 and see if it can detect the speed of all fans and the pump.

It's perfectly okay to connect the Fans and Pump in the manner you've described. When the system is up and running, simply install and run HWMonitorSMC2 and see if it can detect the speed of all fans and the pump.
Brilliant, will do. Thanks.

It happened with this SSDT: I flashed my TB chip.
And if I change to 0.6.1, I get the driver back. Seems like 0.6.3 is doing something...

Is this happening with my version of the Thunderbolt SSDT?

On my Z490 Vision D, the same SSDT has been working properly.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB-HackinDROM.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Casey.
after spending months trying to get TB3 working properly on a Gigabyte Maser x570 and a 3900X with a titan ridge.
I bit the bullet and got a Z490 Vision D 1.1 and a 10900K .
All works and I can see in Hackingtool , but in the system it says no drivers loaded . In my Flashed CMP it loads the drivers. Is this just a quirk of Hackingtosh x86 ?

Imacpro1.1 I9-10900KF Z490 Vision D 1.1 Aorus RX5700XT 64G Gskill RM

Casey.
after spending months trying to get TB3 working properly on a Gigabyte Maser x570 and a 3900X with a titan ridge.
I bit the bullet and got a Z490 Vision D 1.1 and a 10900K .
All works and I can see in Hackingtool , but in the system it says no drivers loaded . In my Flashed CMP it loads the drivers. Is this just a quirk of Hackingtosh x86 ?

Imacpro1.1 I9-10900KF Z490 Vision D 1.1 Aorus RX5700XT 64G Gskill RM
Hello @Slehc84,

This question is asked so often that the answer appears at the very top of Step 12:

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 9.10.25 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ
Thank you for your work.
Im updating GPU to 5700 Nitro (second attempt, bricked first one:)
and researching how to get full potential from it. (Also looking for Ryzen/intel for farther upgrade)...

I found here... you mention about @Diorama solution for GPU Hardware acceleration...
Ive checked Device ID provided in his and your configs (6.3)
In your both versions (igpu,AMD) there is IGPU IDs but with different values.
Should it be there in AMD version or is mistake. If its correct why they are different?

If ID is the same it only need Wgreen delate and Bios for IGPU change and most would benefits from it not Metal users only? Or do I missing something.

Screenshot attached.

I hope the trick works with 5700 Nitro and I think I stay with Z490 Intel for now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 20.48.36.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 20.48.36.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 76
Back