Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

For RC (old GM) you need a 'Developer' account.

View attachment 494332View attachment 494336
I am not a member of Apple Developer Program and yet I received this, which indicates that the Release Candidate is also a public testing release...

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 2.46.47 PM.png

I apologize for what might be slightly off topic, but I'm desperate. I ordered the parts on page 1 (except a I7 10700) and have have been trying to assemble them. Right now I'm at the stage with the cpu, 1 stick m2 storage, 1 memory stick. When I hook up the power, I get a brief flash and nothing else. I've swaped motherboards, cpus, power supplies, M2 storage and memory DIMM. No difference. What am I doing wrong?

(for reference, I had no trouble building the flash drive for doing the install, but obviously I cant do that until I can get something to turn on.)

And yes I tried googling for this issue and got nowhere...
Have you connected the power switch of your case?
Switching on the external power supply is not enough ;)

PWR.jpg

I am not a member of Apple Developer Program and yet I received this, which indicates that the Release Candidate is also a public testing release...
Release Candidate installed: Build 20B5022a
Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 3.45.49 PM.png

Update: The screenshots show you're using iMac20,2. Please try switching to iMacPro1,1 for a few days and disable the Device Property for iGPU as shown:

View attachment 494019

hey Casey:

My build is using iMacPro1,1 and I have the Device Property for iGPU enabled. Everything seems to be running smooth. Should I disable the entry?

Did anyone install Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update released earlier today?
ran earlier with no issues - took about 15mins.

At least one other person encountered this problem, but I don't recall the solution or workaround. Let's see if we can troubleshoot it here, and if successful, I'll add it to Post 1.
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are you connecting via HDMI or DisplayPort cable?
  • Was macOS installed from scratch, or was an existing macOS SSD transplanted into this system?
  • What is the make/model of your RX 5700 XT?
  • If there's a "Factory Reset" option on the monitor itself (via its on-board menu), have you tried a factory reset?
  • What system name are you using? iMac19,1 or iMac20,2?
  • If nothing else works, please try SwitchResX from here. There's a trial period, and a license is quite inexpensive. If you need help with SwitchResX, just ask.
It could be me. I have similar issues sometimes at startup. Have not figured out what it is. I have switchresx installed so I simply change the resolution and back. For instance, when this happens I am on 4k 60hz. I change to 4k 30hz, screen is back to normal then I change back to 4k 60hz.

It could be me. I have similar issues sometimes at startup. Have not figured out what it is. I have switchresx installed so I simply change the resolution and back. For instance, when this happens I am on 4k 60hz. I change to 4k 30hz, screen is back to normal then I change back to 4k 60hz.
Is Automatic Login enabled?

Please run IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As... as post the saved file. That will show us the Thunderbolt configuration.
Here it is.

Attachments

• iMac20,2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 54
Back