Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Consider for a moment what is more important: three days of troubleshooting or two cheap lunches?
Maybe you right, but I've used that monitor on my previous 10.15.7 Catalina build with Sapphire RX 580 without any issue... I will try to troubleshoot, if no I will try SwitchResX. Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i7-11700K OC @ 5.2GHz
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I also had problems with 4K on Big Sur using thunderbolt. Using a Radeon voice. Thunderbolt to hdmi doesn’t work. monitor is detected but doesn’t power on.

4K works using the hdmi out from the card. But I had to upgrade to a high speed hdmi cable... I thought the old one I had supported 4K 60 Hz as I had it plugged into my Apple TV 4K, and never had a problem. But for some reason, using the vision d, using this cable would cause the signal to out randomly and I’d see black screens when viewing @ 4K. But once I upgraded to a new high speed 4K hdmi 120 Hz cable, it works just fine.

I did manage to get 4K to work via thunderbolt using a thunderbolt 3 dock, but only one of the ports on the dock outputs 4k using the vision d. The other one results in a black screen.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sure. Nothing towards you (or anyone else for what matters).

Ok. Might get one when I am ready with my system.

I guessed that but thanks for reminding it.
I am going to get a Vision G + Titan Ridge 2.0 card. I was thinking to try a Vision D + Titan Ridge 2.0 but Vision D doesn't have any Thunderbolt header; if I got it correctly, it is not strictly necessary to connect headers, but without headers the card might give errors. Do you have any clue on that?

Can I ask you a quick question? Do you use Parallels to run Windows (or is there anyone using Parallels)? Is there any problem when connecting/disconnecting USB devices between MacOS & Windows?
I have been using Parallels for the last 6 years which is currently running Windows 10, zero problems with switching usb devices between MacOS and Windows, this includes USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and USB-C devices.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
But you got an extra hour of sleep as Daylight Savings Time ended! :)
That statement should not be taken literally or factually. For example, if I said that the dog ate my homework, it would not be appropriate to run a medical diagnosis on the dog’s condition. :)

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
From Business Insider:
Some researchers are concerned about how the twice-a-year switch impacts our body's physiology. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the largest scientific organization that studies sleep, now wants to replace daylight saving time with a move to a year-round fixed time. That way, our internal circadian clocks would not be misaligned for half the year. And it would eliminate the safety risk from sleep loss when transitioning to daylight saving time.

I am a neurologist at the University of Florida. I've studied how a lack of sleep can impair the brain. In the 1940s, most American adults averaged 7.9 hours of sleep a night. Today, it's only 6.9 hours. To put it another way: In 1942, 84% of us got the recommended seven to nine hours; in 2013, it was 59%. To break it down further, a January 2018 study from Fitbit reported that men got even less sleep per night than women, about 6.5 hours.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5379 - 1.13 - open core
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@CaseySJ Great work with this thread and thanks for your support !

I am WIP with a Z490 gaming X
I try to install Mojave with OC 0.6.2 - I failed to reach the apple installer (stuck on apple logo after picker then reboot)
The last OC log I get is (attached) : OCI4: Manifest (2738) for 6D6B7264 parse fail with code 1

I saw you also did not succeed installing mojave on the vision D, do you remember the stage and why it failed ?

Attachments

• opencore-2020-11-01-231945.txt
    256 KB · Views: 13

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Great work with this thread and thanks for your support !

I am WIP with a Z490 gaming X
I try to install Mojave with OC 0.6.2 - I failed to reach the apple installer (stuck on apple logo after picker then reboot)
The last OC log I get is (attached) : OCI4: Manifest (2738) for 6D6B7264 parse fail with code 1

I saw you also did not succeed installing mojave on the vision D, do you remember the stage and why it failed ?
Hello @favoriti,

Despite making a serious attempt, I was unable to install Mojave on my Z490 Vision D. I'm not sure if anyone has installed Mojave on a Z490 system with Comet Lake CPU.

For Mojave, it is better to use a Z390 board with Coffee Lake such as Gigabyte Z390 Designare.