Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello my friend! My system is as follows:
Giagabyte Vision D Bios ver. F6
Cpu i9-10850k
Gpu IGPU UHD630
Will the above Efi work for my system, will everything work 100% well?
Hello @lithos,

Please follow the build guide in Post #1. That guide has been updated for OpenCore 0.6.3 as well. An AMD GPU is strongly recommended. If you only use iGPU, some applications will not run and Safari may not display web pages correctly.

P.S. Please do not quote the guides in this thread because it leads to too much repetition.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 11.58.23 AM.png

Hi @CaseySJ

I have a weird issue with dual boot: I can boot into windows if I select the windows disk at BIOS; but I get 'ACPI BIOS error' if it goes to opencore picker. Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue?

config.plist Changes:
  • Kernel --> ExtendBTFeatureFlags --> False

@CaseySJ , as usual thanks again for your amazing support.
Just to try to better understand the process, can you explain why this flag has been change in the new version?

hello guys. I have a problem with my TB3 on the Asrock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX / TB3 motherboard. Everything works great (also TB3 hot plug) except for waking up with TB3 plugged into computer. After waking up, the computer restarts ... I also bought an OWC docking station, unfortunately it doesn't help to much ... the station don't work after turning on the computer, I have to make a hot plug when the computer is turn on then the station starts working, after sleep and wake up computer works fine (there is no auto restart) but there is no signal from dock station (computer don't see devices plugged in TB3 dock station).

Hi @CaseySJ

I have a weird issue with dual boot: I can boot into windows if I select the windows disk at BIOS; but I get 'ACPI BIOS error' if it goes to opencore picker. Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue?
If you replace all SSDTs in the OpenCore OC/ACPI folder with the latest ones from the OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI, it should solve the problem.

@CaseySJ , as usual thanks again for your amazing support.
Just to try to better understand the process, can you explain why this flag has been change in the new version?
ExtendBTFeatureFlags applies to non-Apple Bluetooth modules. Some third party WiFi/BT cards such as Fenvi FV-T919 and FV-HB1200 actually set the USBVendorName to Apple, so these cards are supported as if they were native Apple products.

ExtendBTFeatureFlags is for other Broadcom-based cards and USB Bluetooth Modules. If anyone has such a device, then this flag should be enabled. It does not hurt to keep it enabled.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 6.35.46 AM.png

All works fine so far, thanks. Just one issue. I've paired an Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse. Works, but booting and getting the picker in Opencore I can't use the keyboard to choose either MacOS or Windows. Is there any fix to have the Magic Keyboard working for the picker?

All works fine so far, thanks. Just one issue. I've paired an Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse. Works, but booting and getting the picker in Opencore I can't use the keyboard to choose either MacOS or Windows. Is there any fix to have the Magic Keyboard working for the picker?
Which WiFi/BT card are you using?

Back