CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX6800
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We are having the same problem. My hang is at A2 also. i have the sata controller disabled but it still hangs at A2. Sent all the information to Gigabyte and they issued a RMA. The problem is I will not have a computer for who knows how long.
Ah - that sounds less encouraging!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Rx 580
Good job flashing the controller!!

Have you created a custom DROM using HackinDROM or using the manual method described in the Thunderbolt DROM mini-guide for this board?

The VRS8 is connecting to Thunderbolt Bus, but maybe the drivers are not working or seeing the device. Anyway, we should first use a properly configured Thunderbolt SSDT by following the Thunderbolt DROM mini-guide for this board.
Yes, I think I created the custom drom, but I was not sure what I was doing following the steps, is there any way to check it?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Getting an error when trying to install Catalina. Think it goes wrong in step 2 already when I'm trying this step:

• Open a Terminal window and type:
  • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB
I'm getting this:

/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

I'm using this version:

1. macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

- 001-51042 - Added 2020-09-24 17:09:31 - 8.75 GB

Anyone knows where this goes wrong?

Thanks,

Daan

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, I think I created the custom drom, but I was not sure what I was doing following the steps, is there any way to check it?
Please post your Thunderbolt SSDT and I'll take a look.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Getting an error when trying to install Catalina. Think it goes wrong in step 2 already when I'm trying this step:

• Open a Terminal window and type:
  • sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB
I'm getting this:

/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

I'm using this version:

1. macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)

- 001-51042 - Added 2020-09-24 17:09:31 - 8.75 GB

Anyone knows where this goes wrong?

Thanks,

Daan
This is most likely due to an incomplete download. If you used GibMacOS then please do this:
  • Open the GibMacOS-master folder and look for a sub-folder called macOS Downloads.
  • Delete the entire macOS Downloads folder.
  • Run gibMacOS.command again and re-download Catalina.
  • When it's downloaded, quit and run BuildmacOSInstallApp.command again.
  • Copy the new Install macOS Catalina from the gibMacOS-master/macOS Downloads/publicrelease folder to /Applications folder.
  • Now try it again.

Last edited:

elfcake

Banned
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We can save this file to /Users/Shared/liquidctl-startup.sh and enable file execute permissions by typing this in Terminal:
A new day and a clear head to attempt to make this work. The above appears to be my stumbling block. Liquidctl-startup.sh is not in /Users/Shared folder. I have tried this multiple times without success.
Step 4 is not a problem. Start Liquidctl is in Login Items.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Ok, I attach it here, thank you.
Hello!
Just checked your SSDT and noticed that you put your Thunderbolt Bus ID to .... 7! Do you have 6 other Thunderbolt Controllers in your machine ? :mrgreen:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I attach it here, thank you.

Hello!
Just checked your SSDT and noticed that you put your Thunderbolt Bus ID to .... 7! Do you have 6 other Thunderbolt Controllers in your machine ? :mrgreen:
@Inqnuam -- Good catch!
@Fabrizzioa04 -- Please use HackinDROM again, but this time set Bus ID to 0. Feel free to post the new SSDT for us to check. This by itself may or may not solve the original problem, but let's start by using Bus ID 0.