Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision Z490
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700
This motherboard does not split lanes, unfortunately. The reply from Gigabyte is explained in the Troubleshooting / FAQ section in Post 1.

Thanks, didnt noticed that. Thats's a bummer. The split feature was far more useful. To be able to get 4x lanes from the cpu on the last slot is really helpful. Especially if using high bandwidth thunderbolt 3 devices which can saturate the chipset link.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, didnt noticed that. Thats's a bummer. The split feature was far more useful. To be able to get 4x lanes from the cpu on the last slot is really helpful. Especially if using high bandwidth thunderbolt 3 devices which can saturate the chipset link.
Agreed!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5 3.1GHZ 6Core
Graphics
Radeon Rx580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Big Sur volumes are labeled “Preboot”, but this should get fixed with next OpenCore release. When I installed the latest Public Beta update (from previous Public Beta to latest Public Beta) it seems to have set the correct volume name, but an NVRAM reset might change it back to Preboot.
@CaseySJ thank you for the hints - I updated to the latest BS Beta build 20A5384c and trashed the EFI on the Big Sur SSD and replaced with the orginal EFI that I had built. Everything back working as it should.
Many thanks again you are the best.

Attachments

• IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • Z490-Big Sur.png
    Z490-Big Sur.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 49
Motherboard
Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
RX580
I can't thanks @CaseySJ enough for writing such detailed guide, it makes my first experience with hackintosh much easier. I have exactly same hardware and get the Big Sur installed with one try - thanks again

I just only have one problem with sleep / wake up, that if I leave the mac for a while I can't get it wake up again even if I use the power button. Is this a problem that I can fix ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'll send you an SSDT to try shortly.

Update: Please try one of the attached SSDTs at a time. These have not been tested so you're the "COVID vaccine test subject"! ;)
@CaseySJ I was about to try your solution but before out of curiosity I decided to have a look at your SSDT using maciasl. I loaded the first one with the RP09 suffix. If I am not mistaken, the SSDT would be to disabled the NVME controller whose ioreg name is RP09. is that correct?

the reason I am asking is that I looked at the pcie tab in hackintool and found the following:
1601883642306.png

Highlighted in blue is the line whose ioreg name is RP09 and it is link to a samsung nmve controller. Using ioreg app, I can confirm that RP09 is my macos samsung 1 TB main system.
there is no entryin ioreg for RP13
Am I correct is saying that if I try the SSDD with RP09 suffix, I won't be able to boot at all since RP09 is my main disk and if I understood what you were trying to achieve with those SSDTs??
if it is the case, I should try the RP13 one since it seems that it is not allocated in that table.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I was about to try your solution but before out of curiosity I decided to have a look at your SSDT using maciasl. I loaded the first one with the RP09 suffix. If I am not mistaken, the SSDT would be to disabled the NVME controller whose ioreg name is RP09. is that correct?

the reason I am asking is that I looked at the pcie tab in hackintool and found the following:
View attachment 490635

Highlighted in blue is the line whose ioreg name is RP09 and it is link to a samsung nmve controller. Using ioreg app, I can confirm that RP09 is my macos samsung 1 TB main system.
there is no entryin ioreg for RP13
Am I correct is saying that if I try the SSDD with RP09 suffix, I won't be able to boot at all since RP09 is my main disk and if I understood what you were trying to achieve with those SSDTs??
if it is the case, I should try the RP13 one since it seems that it is not allocated in that table.
Good observation -- that's why I provided two SSDTs. Because RP09 should not be disabled, do not use that particular SSDT. Apply the SSDT that disables RP13.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't thanks @CaseySJ enough for writing such detailed guide, it makes my first experience with hackintosh much easier. I have exactly same hardware and get the Big Sur installed with one try - thanks again

I just only have one problem with sleep / wake up, that if I leave the mac for a while I can't get it wake up again even if I use the power button. Is this a problem that I can fix ?
Hello @nghesi,

Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum. Good job on success-at-first-try! :)

Regarding wake-from-sleep:
  • What devices are connected to the F_USB internal USB 2 headers?
  • Are you using a WiFi/BT PCIe card? If so, which make/model?
  • Are you using a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard? If so, which make/model?
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are you using HDMI or DisplayPort cable? Are you using any video adapters such as DP to HDMI or DP to DVI, etc.?
  • Are there any other PCIe devices in the system other than AMD RX 580 and WiFi/BT card?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ, I am building pretty same build and have two questions.

1. I have Vega 56 and Vega 64, should they work out of the box or I should do something with your EFI files?
2. I have purchased BCM94360CSAX WiFi+BT card and WiFi+BT PCI-E Adapter. If I have understand you right, you are using WiFi dongle for WiFi. What steps should I do your config to make it work my PCI-E adapter and BCM94360CSAX card?

Thanks in advance
Hello @ArnasL,

The Vega 56 and 64 will work out of the box with no changes to EFI. But if you experience erratic fan behavior, it may be necessary to apply custom fan and power control properties as detailed here.

I have the Fenvi FV-T919, which is a PCIe add-in-card. It's installed in the bottom short slot so if you install your card in the same slot it won't be necessary to change Device Properties (OpenCore Configurator --> DeviceProperties).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
do you anybody here have issue with Netflix + Safari 14? (Latest Catalina 10.15.7 + OpenCore 0.6.1)

Apple TV+ works, Netflix at Chrome works but Safari, when media comes to play, sends me to help page,
for installation correct version HTML5 or Silverlight player (Netflix Error M7121-3078).

Is it issue of Safari or something in OpenCore? Or my configuration?

Thank you for adwise ...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This is great! I am so happy!

@CaseySJ thank you so much for all your help!

Hello again @CaseySJ!
I performed a clean install using iMacPro1,1 and everything went smoothly as with my previous install. But this time, I experienced problems waking up from Sleep. After touching the Magic Trackpad, the system came alive but my Magic Keyboard didn’t connect and also the Magic Trackpad lost its connection.

I then pressed the reset button and after it rebooted, I get the message OCB - System Image Failed. I tried to reboot twice with the same failure.

So, I tried to reboot again but this time, I connected a USB keyboard and mouse and it worked.

I’m wondering if Sleep functionality is different if you use iMacPro1,1 and iMac19,1?
Also, is it safe to use the Reset button or will that corrupt the boot image?
Thanks!