Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@casey Thanks for the Wifi and BT EFI! Working fine here.
just for information, have you disabled a specific usb port like in this post or just added HS14 to the SSDT?
(I mean...are all the usb ports working with this EFI?)
The standard USB SSDT (SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml) did not include HS14 (Intel Bluetooth), hence the new SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2-INTEL-BT.aml was added. The new SSDT simply adds HS14 without removing any pre-existing ports.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @maeluse,

It is wonderful to see that you handled every challenge with such competence! You searched for answers, you performed experiments (even repetitively), and you persevered throughout the long process. Your post is a shining example of what I mean when I say that, as Hackintosh owners, we must learn to be our own first line of defense. There is no tech support with Hackintosh, no Genius Bar, no satisfaction guarantee, no promise of compatibility with the components we use, no promise that future software updates will work, and the list goes on. The way you handled adversity is exemplary.

Some comments:
  • I will modify Post #1 with a reference to your post. It can indeed be very helpful to others.
  • Issue 1: Intel Octane Driver and setting SATA ports to AHCI in BIOS.
    • Good lessons here for everyone.
  • Issue 2: Sleep.
    • If the computer comes out of sleep quickly, first try sudo pmset -a proximitywake 0.
    • If this does not work, please try disconnecting any devices that are plugged into the two USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard.
    • If that also does not help, let us know. There is a Sleep Aid guide here.
  • Issue 3: UAD devices did not appear until 10 install/re-install cycles.
    • Please check if you have this enabled:
      • BIOS --> Thunderbolt Boot Support --> Boot Once.
  • Issue 4: Sizzling sound
    • Good lessons here as well.
  • Issue 5: "An error occurred validating the installer data"
    • Good lesson.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wave the white flag of surrender. :banghead: I removed all my drives and did a fresh install on a 7200rpm hard drive. I used an unadulterated Opencore 0.6.1 EFI and it still can't sleep properly. So I wiped it and installed Windows 10. Guess what... it can't sleep properly either. It just shuts down like on MacOS. So, it is NOT an Opencore/EFI/Hackintosh issue. It has to be some combination of HW and motherboard configuration, possibly my power supply doesn't allow sleep somehow. I don't get it, since I'm using the same peripherals that everyone else is.

I don't regret moving over to a hackintosh because everything else is so much better than my previous mac. I'll miss the sleep ability. But since I don't get much sleep in real life, why should my computer be any different. :lol:

Thanks for all the advice. I really do appreciate what you guys have done to help a community like this. @CaseySJ I hope this is your full-time job, because you have definitely spent a lot of time making this great for people. I also hope you are well compensated for it. :thumbup:

Thanks again,
Ed
Hello @EdPayne,

If the system shuts down when attempting to sleep, it could be due to a hardware issue. Do you have a WiFi/BT PCIe card in the system? If so, remove it and try again.

Try to go through the Process of Elimination by removing as many PCIe cards, USB devices (including those connected to internal USB 2.0 header), etc. as possible. But keep the following installed:
  • AMD GPU
  • Wired keyboard
  • Wired mouse

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Bluetooth Seem active, in system report is correctly recognised but
A) I cannot pair any device. I tried to pair two Logitech mouse but the behaviour was the same: I can discover the mouse in the bluetooth panel, mouse in discover mode, so I can connect. after a few seconds the mouse disconnect from bluetooth then in the Bluetooth panel appear a second identical mouse at this point no connection
Airdrp doesn't works but in the system report I can read this about bluetooth ;
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
State: Disabled

Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Save to location
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
State: Disabled

LAN speed
:
Wi-fi download speed 54MB/s upload speed 27MB/s (antenna 3 ft away from the router nothing between antenna and router connection made using 5G wireless network
2,5 Gb and 1Gb lan port average download speed 903Mb/s; average upload speed 103 MB/s
Hello @Zottwalker,

Good job troubleshooting the installation issues (two DIMMs versus four; flashing BIOS; etc.)! Regarding Intel Bluetooth, you should be able to pair Bluetooth devices after Resetting the Bluetooth Module, as follows:
  • Press and hold SHIFT-OPTION and click the Bluetooth icon in menu bar.
  • If you're running Catalina, you will see a Debug menu item, and it will have a sub-menu item called Reset the Bluetooth module.
  • Select that and try removing and pairing your devices (don't forget to remove them first if they appear in the list of paired devices).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @Zottwalker,

Good job troubleshooting the installation issues (two DIMMs versus four; flashing BIOS; etc.)! Regarding Intel Bluetooth, you should be able to pair Bluetooth devices after Resetting the Bluetooth Module, as follows:
  • Press and hold SHIFT-OPTION and click the Bluetooth icon in menu bar.
  • If you're running Catalina, you will see a Debug menu item, and it will have a sub-menu item called Reset the Bluetooth module.
  • Select that and try removing and pairing your devices (don't forget to remove them first if they appear in the list of paired devices).
Thanks @CaseySJ , I tried this at the beginning as basic operation but nothing changed; I can't connect any device using BT.
I tried also to enable bluetooth sharing in the system preference/sharing panel. now both BT file transfer and BT File exchanger services are enabled but airdrop stil doesn't works
I forgot... obviously "discovered by" is set to anyone

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9 10900
Graphics
RX 580
Hello @EdPayne,

If the system shuts down when attempting to sleep, it could be due to a hardware issue. Do you have a WiFi/BT PCIe card in the system? If so, remove it and try again.

Try to go through the Process of Elimination by removing as many PCIe cards, USB devices (including those connected to internal USB 2.0 header), etc. as possible. But keep the following installed:
  • AMD GPU
  • Wired keyboard
  • Wired mouse
Sadly, I have tried all of that. I'm an engineer and well versed in troubleshooting techniques. Though I'm not too familiar with how to play around with kexts, aml files, etc. To me HW is linear, SW is non-linear. :lol:

I tried a minimal system (no USB header connections, no Fenvi, no SSDs or drives except for the one I installed on). Just the RX580, SATA drive, wired mouse and wired keyboard as the only peripherals (and the base OC EFI). Both Windows and MacOS can't sleep properly. I wish I had multiple versions of hardware to try. But that would be cost prohibitive for me. It acts like the power supply, just can't handle low loads and shuts down completely. I'll see how the week goes with this new workflow. Thanks again for still thinking about my issues.

Ed

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sadly, I have tried all of that. I'm an engineer and well versed in troubleshooting techniques. Though I'm not too familiar with how to play around with kexts, aml files, etc. To me HW is linear, SW is non-linear. :lol:

I tried a minimal system (no USB header connections, no Fenvi, no SSDs or drives except for the one I installed on). Just the RX580, SATA drive, wired mouse and wired keyboard as the only peripherals (and the base OC EFI). Both Windows and MacOS can't sleep properly. I wish I had multiple versions of hardware to try. But that would be cost prohibitive for me. It acts like the power supply, just can't handle low loads and shuts down completely. I'll see how the week goes with this new workflow. Thanks again for still thinking about my issues.

Ed
Please try the following in BIOS:
  • Settings --> Platform Power Management --> Power Loading --> Enabled
200927210701.jpg

Notice the description of Power Loading at the bottom of the screen:

"Enables or Disables dummy load. When the power supply is at low load, a self-protection will activate causing it to shutdown or fail. If this occurs, please set to Enabled."

200927210718.jpg

Motherboard
Z490 VISION D REV 1.1
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 560 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ ,
I want to thank about excellent support. I made mi new built with excellent results.
Using:
- Open Core 0.6.1
- Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7
- Core i7 10700K.
- Directly install over a Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB
- Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi / Bluetooth Wireless Card it is working great. I can share Airplay with my iPad Pro very fluid. Looks great
- Graphics Radeon RX560 and Internal UHD630 Working.

I use this tool OpenCore Sanity Checker

https://opencore.slowgeek.com

It was necessary to custom the Load Line Calibration and VCore for better procesor temperature working.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ ,
I want to thank about excellent support. I made mi new built with excellent results.
Using:
- Open Core 0.6.1
- Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7
- Core i7 10700K.
- Directly install over a Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB
- Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi / Bluetooth Wireless Card it is working great. I can share Airplay with my iPad Pro very fluid. Looks great
- Graphics Radeon RX560 and Internal UHD630 Working.

It was necessary to custom the Load Line Calibration and VCore for better procesor temperature working.
Awesome -- glad to hear it!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
An update to the post about OpenIntelWireless on Z490 Vision D

I previously posted these three screenshots. The first two show WiFi speeds, and the third shows wired Ethernet speed.
Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 3.31.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.13.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-25 at 3.48.01 PM.png
Today I ran the same test on the 2020 Apple MacBook Pro 13" and the AMD Ryzen Gigabyte B550 Vision D, and obtained these results:
Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 4.11.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-27 at 4.26.48 PM.png
This makes me feel a lot better about the OpenIntelWireless driver on Z490 Vision D (using Intel AX201 module). We can safely conclude that the relatively slow WiFi speed is due to the router I'm using and the obstructions in the line of sight from the first floor to the second floor. The router (Netgear Orbi RBK50) is handling six full time security cameras as well.

Might upgrade to Amplifi Alien... ;)

Last edited: