Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built mine in a H710i and used the NZXT controller for the case fans. It never affected sleep/wake for me. Only the Fenvi card cause sleep/wake issues which I eventually replaced with a Youbo. So it may not be the controller.
Hey,
I'm also using a H710i NZXT case but am not using the NZXT controller for the fans because I didn't think there was a Mac OS X application that would work with the NZXT controller. I'm using the controller for the lights and Casey's liquidctl but my fans are connected to the MB. I don't think Mac OS controls them either but am not completely sure (Novice here). Think they are controlled by BIOS. Anyway, if you know of a way that the NZXT controller can control the fans in Mac OS X, I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Thanks so much!

Rand

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A simple question that I don’t know if it has been answered before.
The blue ports works at USB 3.0 speeds? It seems it dosen’t for me. The other ones works correctly.
If this pertains to your Asus X99 EWS, it would be better to post this in the Catalina or Mojave Desktop Support forum.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Is there a new version for the "SSDT-GPRW.aml" : "Disable wake from USB/Bluetooth; wake only with power button" ? I activated the one from the OC161 bundle in the OpenCore config, but USB keypresses still wake the system, unfortunately.
Would be very cool!

I only had it working on the Z390 Designare with Clover.
SSDT-GPRW is used in combination with the ACPI patch. The patch is already entered in the OpenCore config.plist, but needs to be enabled in the OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patch section.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The only question I have - there are a lot of values for AAPL,ig-platform-id (that you can find here https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md), so what is the best one for my Core i7-10700K that I want to use in headless mode?
Good question. We've been using 0x3E980003 (Coffee Lake), but latest builds of Catalina should natively support Comet Lake processors, so we could try 0x9BC50003 in reverse byte order: 0300C59B.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 6.33.28 AM.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have a few questions if grace can be extended for me

Again on my setup:

Vision D z490
I9-10900k
32GB 3600 RAM
GPU - Saphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE

1. saw someone chose at setup iMac 20,1 vs per tutorial iMac19,1. Should I have done the same with my setup. Was there any benefit in choosing a newer iMac vs?
It's entirely optional to use iMac20,1/iMac20,2. But for new installations, this might be the most appropriate choice. Those who have switched to iMac20,1 have not reported any differences (yet). This will require the new USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.6 as mentioned at the top of Post #1.
2. I have 2 x NVMe M.2 drives installed - one for Windows and one for macOS. First Windows drive is installed closest to CPU. I have the macOS drive installed in M2P_SB. Is that the right place to do install it or M2M_SB? Does it change anything if I get a second GPU for windows (RTX)
Both NVMe SSDs are installed in the right slots. If you add an Nvidia GPU, it will be necessary to hide it from macOS by using an SSDT that either hides Slot 1 or Slot 2. Both of these SSDTs are located at the bottom of the Designare Z390 build guide.
3. I was able to stabilize the monitor going off at load up using HDMI cable and switching the ports. I purchased the displayport but I can't make it work with that. Any suggestions?
Not sure I understand the question.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good question. We've been using 0x3E980003 (Coffee Lake), but latest builds of Catalina should natively support Comet Lake processors, so we could try 0x9BC50003 in reverse byte order: 0300C59B.
Thanks a lot :thumbup: Will try this later today.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

View attachment 489443
Casey,

I used AMD config.plist when I built my Hackintosh. Everything is great BTW! However, I have an i9-10900K processor and am wondering if I should change the machine ID to iMac 20,2 instead of iMac 19,1. Using OC 0.6.1. If I want to do that I assume I would change processor ID to 0x9BC50003 in reverse byte order 0x0300C59B, per the above comments. However, I'm wondering if this also requires changing the system serial number, system uuid, MLB, and ROM? It appears to me that those would have to change since the model number is changing. I'm using a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT as the AMD graphics card. Was wondering if making this change would offer any improvements in performance (because the OS thinks it is a different machine), or is it just cosmetic?

Thanks

Rand

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
CaseySJ,

This was, without a doubt, the easiest and most comprehensive Hackintosh build I've ever done. Thank so much for the great write-up and build.
Hello @patsoffice,

Welcome to the forum! Always particularly nice to see a zero-issue, zero-complaint post! :)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Casey,

I used AMD config.plist when I built my Hackintosh. Everything is great BTW! However, I have an i9-10900K processor and am wondering if I should change the machine ID to iMac 20,2 instead of iMac 19,1. Using OC 0.6.1. If I want to do that I assume I would change processor ID to 0x9BC50003 in reverse byte order 0x0300C59B, per the above comments. However, I'm wondering if this also requires changing the system serial number, system uuid, MLB, and ROM? It appears to me that those would have to change since the model number is changing. I'm using a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT as the AMD graphics card. Was wondering if making this change would offer any improvements in performance (because the OS thinks it is a different machine), or is it just cosmetic?

Thanks

Rand
Hello @RandC,

I think this is going to be very frequent and very legitimate question now that macOS supports Comet Lake processors with the release of iMac 20,1 and iMac 20,2. My thoughts on this are as follows:
  • Although I have not seen reports of any material benefits in switching to iMac 20,1 or iMac20,2, when the next version of OpenCore releases, I'll probably make this the default configuration.
  • This requires the use of USBInjectAll 0.7.6 as stated at the top of Post 1. So the next OpenCore EFI zip will contain that as well.
  • I don't think it's technically necessary to change Serial Number, Board Serial Number, and System UUID. Try changing only the system name and perhaps run GeekBench CPU and GPU tests.
  • Note that 0x9BC50003 is not the Processor ID. It is the iGPU platform ID.