CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since no one has had any ideas yet on my post (Link to my post), let me run one by you all and see if it makes sense before I rip everything apart. I'm concerned that something I transferred from my old machine to the new hackintosh is causing the sleep issue. Is that possible? Maybe I should use another hard drive and do a fresh install (without transferring anything) using my current EFI and see if sleep works. If it works, then it is something I transferred. If it doesn't work, then I'm back to square one. Is that a fair (and worthwhile) test?

Thanks,
Ed

Other users have had problems with the Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT card, try sleep with this card removed.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 - 10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a little question : is it safe to upgrade to 10.15.7 or do we need a new version of OC? Or at least to replace Lilu, WEG, etc. versions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9 10900
Graphics
RX 580
Other users have had problems with the Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi/BT card, try sleep with this card removed.
Interesting... I thought all their issues were with WiFi or BT. I'll try that tonight. I can probably live without it, if necessary. Thanks for your feedback.

Ed

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting... I thought all their issues were with WiFi or BT. I'll try that tonight. I can probably live without it, if necessary. Thanks for your feedback.

Ed

The Bluetooth connects to a USB port on the MB, which can be the source of some sleep issues.

Motherboard
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
Ryzen 3970X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a little question : is it safe to upgrade to 10.15.7 or do we need a new version of OC? Or at least to replace Lilu, WEG, etc. versions?

No need to update OC or kexts. As usual though, it is always wise to make sure you have a bootable backup before any updates are installed.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since no one has had any ideas yet on my post (Link to my post), let me run one by you all and see if it makes sense before I rip everything apart. I'm concerned that something I transferred from my old machine to the new hackintosh is causing the sleep issue. Is that possible? Maybe I should use another hard drive and do a fresh install (without transferring anything) using my current EFI and see if sleep works. If it works, then it is something I transferred. If it doesn't work, then I'm back to square one. Is that a fair (and worthwhile) test?

Thanks,
Ed
That is the right idea. It is possible that something 'not nice' got transferred from the old system. There is also the Sleep Aid guide below, but your idea to install fresh copy of macOS sounds like the right first step. Also try disconnecting the NZXT Smart Device from the internal USB header if it's plugged in.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Ed
If the Fenvi does turn out to be the problem, there are a couple of options:
  • Try moving to another PCIe slot
  • Replace it with the YOUBO card if it's available

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 580
Hey Guys,
Need a little advice on choosing a second NVME for the middle M.2 slot.
Its down to either the Sabrent Rocket or the Rocket Q. The non Q version
seems to be a little faster but not that much and has a little bit newer tech in it.

Are they both compatible with this build ? Is it worth the extra $ or would I just be paying for that bump in speed.

Any knowledge anyone has about this would be great.

Thanks!

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7 - 10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No need to update OC or kexts. As usual though, it is always wise to make sure you have a bootable backup before any updates are installed.
Thanks for the tips. I have just done it and... miracle : my Fenvi T919 whose bluetooth refused to work suddenly started working. That may be due to the fact that I transfered my previous install from an SSD to an NVME and changed from Clover to OC. Everything worked except BT. The new install may have changed a thing or two. Anyway: it's bliss. Thanks again to Casey for his wonderful work. Can't wait for Big Sur.