Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Look at config-AMD-GPU.plist from the ZIP file in Post #1 and replace your PciRoot(0,0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) with the version in that file. This sets ig-platform-id to headless mode (0x3E980003 in reverse byte order). Latest version of WhateverGreen is required.
got it work like this, im not so sure if it's working properly, sidecar still not working....

Attachments

• 截屏2020-06-14 上午6.11.49.png
    截屏2020-06-14 上午6.11.49.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 94
got it work like this, im not so sure if it's working properly, sidecar still not working....
Sidecar needs System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> Privacy --> Location Services to be turned on. If that does not work, then we have to do this:

When macOS loads up, there's a purple tint, perhaps due to the accumulated rust over the centuries, but if we were to go even further back in time we might find a DVI-to-DVI cable and a matching DVI monitor, and together the two might work well.
Purple tint may be because GPU driver changing color mode to YCbCr when use adapter.
This script can help force RGB mode:

Or this post explains how to do it without script: https://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/0...ix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor

Purple tint may be because GPU driver changing color mode to YCbCr when use adapter.
This script can help force RGB mode:

Or this post explains how to do it without script: https://www.mathewinkson.com/2013/0...ix-the-picture-quality-of-an-external-monitor
Good information -- I'll add it to a Troubleshooting section in Post #1.

Great Job!!. I have the Vision D with an i7-10700k, 64 GB RAM, Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 with two TB3 enclosures with raid SSD and backup HDs. Everthing works. TB3 hot patch works, sleep fine, etc.

I have attached the EFI. Using OC for the first time. This folder is a combo of several different Tonymacx contributors. It seems the z370 TB3 hot patch works for this as do the Vega 64 patch. Catalina 10.15.5 and Windows 10.

There is one problem with the dual monitor configuration. If both monitors are connected from boot I get a black screen. If I boot with the monitor only on the first DP port it is fine. I then turn on the second monitor and both work.

OC seems pretty good but I am a novice at it. I was shocked that all of it worked as well as on the Designare MB with an i9.

iMac19,1Intel Core i7-10700K 3800 MHz (8 cores) macOS 64 x86_64 1317 9576

1059714 iMac19,1AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Compute Engine OpenCL macOS 64-bit 72581
1059652 iMac19,1 Metal macOS 64-bit 80817

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    723.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I installed successful on Z490 Vision D+i7-10700+RX5700,
thank you so much:thumbup:
but cpu shows i5 and Thunderbolt still not work
do i need to flash Thunderbolt firmware??
TB3 worked for me out of the box. Installed Windows after the Mac side was fully functional.

@CaseySJ Just a quick note to say thank you: things are up and running wonderfully now!

A note for future troubleshooters who bump into this issue:
An error occurred validating the installer data. The download is either damaged or incomplete. Redownload the installer and try again.

1592070662825.png

Resetting the CMOS and validating the installer did not fix this problem, even though they are good and useful steps. What ultimately was required was removing two of my four sticks of RAM. (You will then reset the CMOS and will need to disable CFGLock too.) For whatever reason, this allowed the installer to proceed all the way through. Thereafter it was no problem to add the 2 other sticks of RAM for the full 32GB system.

Again, @CaseySJ I am much obliged for your help!

1592110933079.png

Guys I am got my Vision D + i7 10700 kit and while waiting for the UBS-C->DP adapter I tried using my old Nvidia GTX 670 GPU. No luck, I can't get any output (either HDMI nor DP). And, I have 2 different GTX 670 cards, same results.

Basically I boot up the system and I can't even see the BIOS coming up.
Both cards work ok in my older systems, running Catalina. Monitor ok, cables ok.

I can get the system to boot up via HDMI but can't install Catalina on that yet.

Any idea?

Update 1: I got an RX 580 card, same issue, can't see BIOS coming up via discrete graphics... Perhaps I have a faulty MB?

Update 2 - this is how it currently works: I selected IGPU as the primary POST graphics device, and use 2 cables:
  1. HDMI to IGPU so I can see BIOS / OC boot choices
  2. DP to RX580 which gets to work past OC and first bootup steps.
I will get in touch with Gigabyte around this, see if any further pointers. Will update here if any news. I did try a CMOS reset...

In the meantime I also got the USB-C->DP adapter and with that I can also boot into Catalina via iGPU (without the discrete GPU).

Update 3 - SOLVED, thanks to @CaseySJ for suggesting switching CSM Support to Enabled - it looks like this is required for some video cards who use some legacy BIOS features.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Just a quick note to say thank you: things are up and running wonderfully now!

A note for future troubleshooters who bump into this issue:

Resetting the CMOS and validating the installer did not fix this problem, even though they are good and useful steps. What ultimately was required was removing two of my four sticks of RAM. (You will then reset the CMOS and will need to disable CFGLock too.) For whatever reason, this allowed the installer to proceed all the way through. Thereafter it was no problem to add the 2 other sticks of RAM for the full 32GB system.

Again, @CaseySJ I am much obliged for your help!

View attachment 475958
Glad to hear it. Will make a note of this in Troubleshooting.

Guys I am got my Vision D + i7 10700 kit and while waiting for the UBS-C->DP adapter I tried using my old Nvidia GTX 670 GPU. No luck, I can't get any output (either HDMI nor DP). And, I have 2 different GTX 670 cards, same results.

Basically I boot up the system and I can't even see the BIOS coming up.
Both cards work ok in my older systems, running Catalina. Monitor ok, cables ok.

I can get the system to boot up via HDMI but can't install Catalina on that yet.

Any idea?

Update 1: I got an RX 580 card, same issue, can't see BIOS coming up via discrete graphics... Perhaps I have a faulty MB?

Update 2: I selected IGPU as the primary POST graphics device, and use 2 cables:
  1. HDMI to IGPU so I can see BIOS / OC boot choices
  2. DP to RX580 which gets to work past OC and first bootup steps.
This way the install process seems to progress ok... will post another update once done.
Very weird I am having these issues of not seeing the BIOS from the Discrete GPU...
Does the RX580 appear in BIOS (under list of PCI devices)?

If not, a CMOS Reset may be required.

Back