Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Very interesting!
I will try to reset my NVRAM and go through the steps you've mentioned again.
Thank you for sharing your experience with this card. I think I will keep it and hope for the best.
Because you initially had an RX580 and switched GPUs, I would suggest CMOS Reset (which will also Reset NVRAM). After CMOS Reset we need to configure BIOS again starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults or F7.

Because you initially had an RX580 and switched GPUs, I would suggest CMOS Reset (which will also Reset NVRAM). After CMOS Reset we need to configure BIOS again starting with Save & Exit --> Load Optimized Defaults or F7.

Hi there!

I reset my BOPS and NVRAM. Loaded Optimal Defaults.
However, still black screen at least once when I booted.
Really strange.
WhateverGreen is definitely loaded according to kextstat.

So, now I have ordered a Z490 Vision D from Amazon for testing purposes and will report once it arrived.

I can confirm PS/2 works with a Y-Cable (Mouse + Keyboard), if somebody cares...

Cheers and thank you all.
schreiberstein

This should not happen if you use the OC 0.6.1 EFI ZIP and the config.plist files in that ZIP (simply copy/paste your serial number, system UUID, ROM, and board serial number into the new config.plist). OR you can simply do this to your existing OpenCore config.plist:

@CaseySJ

With my NUC10 and OC 0.6.0 I did set the "Boot Protect" to "Bootstrap" as you suggested. (I had used that setting previously.)

After rebooting OC it set Boot Option #1 to "OpenCore" and moved my UEFI for macOS to #2 and UEFI for Windows to #3. Well OK.

Now continuing to boot to the OC picker I selected "Windows". It took 80 seconds to get to the first Windows login window. I rebooted from Windows and the BIOS boot option order remained unchanged. OK OC did its job and Windows didn't change the boot option order.

If I use the F10 key to get to the BIOS boot picker and I choose the UEFI for Windows I get to the first Windows log in window in 13 seconds. Very strange! I wonder why OC causes Windows to boot so slowly on my NUC10? I observe similar slowdowns in Windows booting from OC on my Designare.

So I changed to OC 0.6.1. to see if Windows booting from OC was any faster. No change, it still took about 80 seconds to get to the first Windows login window.

Since I use my NUC10 primarily for Windows I'll just turn "Bootstrap" off again, and set the Windows UEFI to #1 in the BIOS so Windows boots faster. I'll use F10 to boot Catalina when I want to use it.

Hi there!

I reset my BOPS and NVRAM. Loaded Optimal Defaults.
However, still black screen at least once when I booted.
Really strange.
WhateverGreen is definitely loaded according to kextstat.

So, now I have ordered a Z490 Vision D from Amazon for testing purposes and will report once it arrived.

I can confirm PS/2 works with a Y-Cable (Mouse + Keyboard), if somebody cares...

Cheers and thank you all.
schreiberstein
Will be interesting to see if mb solves it. There are mentions of users who have problem with 5700xt, even proper Mac users in egpus. I can only say for myself, I never had any problem with this board nor asus x299. The last thing comes to mind would be some different vga BIOS or something. But that is topic for a separate thread, I guess.

Hi, All,

I am still experiencing system hangs at the Gigabyte Splash Screen as a regular occurrence. A reset or a power down often resolves this but not always. More rarely, my Vision D boots up straight in to the Bios. I'm never sure that the system is going to boot up successfully and reliably and I have lost confidence that it ever will. This is not very reassuring after going to this expense!

I have a fairly complex setup multi booting Windows (Corsair NVMe), Catalina (Corsair NVMe) and Big Sur (Samsung EVO SSD) which is in a Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack. I also have Corsair Commander Pro and Corsair Lighting Node Core controlling Corsair QL140 RGB Fans. I have applied the macOS UPS fix for the Commander Pro.

Could my motherboard be faulty and should I consider a swap out?

Anyone else had this experience?

Help! Help! Help! My Hackintosh has been working fine. When it would boot, there was a delay before the video would start up. Screen would go black, then light-up and then both monitors would come on. Today it no longer had the monitor go black, it goes directly to a blank screen but clearly there is a signal going to the monitor. I am using the lat casey's 6.0 EFI. I used another HD to create a new EFI using the 6.1 version here. I get the same problem. I have a Sapphire RX5700 XT. Swapped an RX5600 XT with the same problem. I am at my wits end. I have some important work to do.

Hi, All,

I am still experiencing system hangs at the Gigabyte Splash Screen as a regular occurrence. A reset or a power down often resolves this but not always. More rarely, my Vision D boots up straight in to the Bios. I'm never sure that the system is going to boot up successfully and reliably and I have lost confidence that it ever will. This is not very reassuring after going to this expense!

I have a fairly complex setup multi booting Windows (Corsair NVMe), Catalina (Corsair NVMe) and Big Sur (Samsung EVO SSD) which is in a Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack. I also have Corsair Commander Pro and Corsair Lighting Node Core controlling Corsair QL140 RGB Fans. I have applied the macOS UPS fix for the Commander Pro.

Could my motherboard be faulty and should I consider a swap out?

Anyone else had this experience?
If the system keeps booting into BIOS, it may indicate that BIOS flashback has occurred. This problem should be reported to Gigabyte.

It would also be advisable to try the process of elimination by disconnecting all non-essential components including Commander Pro (just disconnect it from USB, but keep the fans connected).

Eventually, of course, it may be necessary to exchange the board. But the problem should be reported to Gigabyte Tech Support via the online problem reporting site.

Help! Help! Help! My Hackintosh has been working fine. When it would boot, there was a delay before the video would start up. Screen would go black, then light-up and then both monitors would come on. Today it no longer had the monitor go black, it goes directly to a blank screen but clearly there is a signal going to the monitor. I am using the lat casey's 6.0 EFI. I used another HD to create a new EFI using the 6.1 version here. I get the same problem. I have a Sapphire RX5700 XT. Swapped an RX5600 XT with the same problem. I am at my wits end. I have some important work to do.
Suggestions:
  1. Check if the argument agdpmod=pikera if present in Boot Arguments.
  2. Perform CMOS Reset and configure BIOS again starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults).

Looks like I did get it working. Had the clear the BIOS and NRAM

Back