2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1. What I see when you hold option key and click scaled?
well, when I go 'System Preferences' under 'Display' and hold option key I see bottom right 'Detect Displays' and a bit more different resolution option, but Maximal is 1080p

View attachment 488606

2. I'm not connected via HDMI, I connect from mainboard via (TB3 USB-C) to Monitor DP (cable USB 3.1 to DP) - it is NO adapter - it's just direct cable. Other (TB3 USB-C) slot I connect to Apollo UAD.

3. Why does it say forced RGB mode (EDID override), because of this:
The Dell P4317Q monitor displays the full spectrum of colours correctly when it receives the input signal from the OS as an RGB signal. The default colour display profile for this monitor on Mac OS is configured to transmit a YPbPr signal to the Dell P4317Q, thus rendering the black #000000 colour to be visibly displayed as dark grey. In the YPbPr mode all of the colours are displayed completely incorrectly and in unbalanced proportions
In order fix this problem and to achieve correct colour display functionality, a forced RGB mode color profile has to be implemented for the Dell P4317Q (and a number of other models of monitors that are not supported by Mac OS by default)

PS.: /update: Just installed Big Sur DP7 update and now I see a bit more resolution so I get 2560x1440 @ 60Hz, but 4k is not there:(

Are you sure it’s a USB3.1 to DisplayPort cable? If so that could bit a source of the problem.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So it finally happened again. Here is a picture of the -v.
View attachment 488607
  • Is your system a dual or multi boot system with Windows and/or Linux?
  • Do any of your SSDs contain multiple partitions (EFI partition is okay)?
  • Mount EFI partition of macOS SSD, open the EFI folder, and post a screenshot.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
From my experience so far:
- Sometimes when I start the system, the screen does not come on
- Sometimes when I start the system, the screen has a strange resolution (1280x800 or so) like single-link DVI
- Strange artifacts (but not so awful) in transparent list (e.g. in Finder)
- Quick look for images mostly only works on the second try
- UI performance is not better, but perhaps a bit more sluggish - but sluggish mouse cursor problem from RX 580 with Logitech is gone
- Same problems in 11.0 Big Sur Beta 6 and Catalina 10.15.6

Previous GPU:
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8GB

New GPU:
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse 8GB

Overall, I am surprised how unpolished this experience is, given that Apple uses this GPU in the iMac 2020.
But it is USABLE. I just hope these issues will be ironed out in the future.

With my current config file, I also do not have any temperature sensors in my iStat menus.
Is it because of dropped DMAR tables?
Please try the following in BIOS:
  • If CSM Support is enabled, turn it off
  • If CSM Support is disabled, turn it on

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z490
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse (SLOT-1), MSI Nvidia GeForce 980 Ti (SLOT-2)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please try the following in BIOS:
  • If CSM Support is enabled, turn it off
  • If CSM Support is disabled, turn it on

No difference.
It directly started into a black screen.
Boot resolution was stretched and awful like in good old 2011 hackintosh days. :lolno:
Hm...
But thanks a lot for this suggestion.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No difference.
It directly started into a black screen.
Boot resolution was stretched and awful like in good old 2011 hackintosh days. :lolno:
Hm...
But thanks a lot for this suggestion.
Does the Sapphire have a toggle switch on the card itself to flip between Silent and Overclock modes?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z490
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse (SLOT-1), MSI Nvidia GeForce 980 Ti (SLOT-2)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does the Sapphire have a toggle switch on the card itself to flip between Silent and Overclock modes?

It does. I left it on default settings. I will toggle it and try again.

Motherboard
GA-Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Are you sure it’s a USB3.1 to DisplayPort cable? If so that could bit a source of the problem.
I purchased this cable for Z170x UD5-TH because there was not DP-out on board, that's why I decided USB3.1 to DP on Monitor, but as I found out later, on board z490 Vision-D is also no DP-out either, therefore it's probably on z490-D impossible direct connection via DP to DP, but I'm not sure about this.:confused: I always felt that there was something wrong with this cable.:( Obviously, I need to replace it with a better and more correct one, the question is which one ...? advise me the correct cable please.

this is my cable USB 3.1 to DisplayPort
Pic_01.jpg

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For anyone interested, the Gigabyte B550 Vision D Build Chronicles thread has begun (AMD Ryzentosh):

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If I'm planning to use dual boot, is it necessary to apply settings prom this post?

elfcake

Banned
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, using the supplied NVMe heat sinks on the motherboard. The Sabrent Rocket NVMe SSD has one of the best thermal performance on Hackintosh. Samsung NVMe SSDs are among the hottest and should be avoided if possible. This does not mean "don't ever use Samsung NVMe" or "if you have Samsung NVMe get rid of it right away". It just means that Samsung and most other NVMe SSDs do work just fine, but tend to operate at higher temperatures due to their non-Apple-friendly controller.
I am looking at the Kext order of the OC-061-VISION-D folder. I see that lilu is not first. I see that FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext is before lilu. Is this correct?
Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 9.04.10 AM.png