Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

OMG!!! I just discovered that I had so many Disk Images in Recovery mode, how can I delete it?
-bash-3.2# diskutil list
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: untitled +10.5 MB disk8
It's normal. If you boot with -v you can see why it's mounting all these RAM disks. Use the mount command to see where each one is mounted.

Hi! I'm using the same hardware, used your EFI folder and all seem to work great. I have some questions. Is there a way to change the standard SATA controllers name and SSD/NVMe controller name to something else? Right now they show as GENERIC. I'm not sure if it is just cosmetic or they do affect performance. Thanks for the great guide.

I wondering if there is a ability to drive display via TB3(usb-c) to DP (monitor) using only iGPU UHD630 (internal)
on Catalina or Big Sur in full 4k-60Hz resolution ? I have tried difference efi's, settings, etc... but I got only working max 1080p 60Hz:( in other cases even if high resolution is working, then many programs don't work and the Internet pages don't open at all:( please share your efi, info etc... if someone can run such a configuration.

Below are some of the differences between your system (left) and mine (right):
  • Your Bluetooth donglein blue is working correctly.
    • We see BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport, which is good.
  • Your FenviBluetooth in red is enabled and present.
    • However, it appears to be in DFU mode (Device Firmware Upgrade) as we can see from the bottom red box.
    • We don't see BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.
Questions:
  • If you remove the Bluetooth Dongle and reboot, do you see BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport as it appears in the screenshot on the right?
  • And does the DFU entry still appear?
  • Do you have Windows installed? If so, were the Fenvi drivers installed in Windows? (I usually discourage those drivers from being installed.)
  • One suggestion at this point would be to actually install the Windows drivers in the hopes that those drivers will take the device out of DFU mode.

Caveat:
  • Because I have not encountered this issue personally, I am mostly speculating based on IOReg.
I tried what you said but no cigar! (I put the Fenvi in a PC mac and it worked). In "about this Mac" the Fenvi shows up as a device connected to USB. But apparently, from my research, the solution is to set the internal usb header as an internal port instead of a USB 2.0 port. Do you know how to do that? As my OC 6.1 is entirely configured according to your specifications, I thought you might know how to do it.

I tried what you said but no cigar! (I put the Fenvi in a PC mac and it worked). In "about this Mac" the Fenvi shows up as a device connected to USB. But apparently, from my research, the solution is to set the internal usb header as an internal port instead of a USB 2.0 port. Do you know how to do that? As my OC 6.1 is entirely configured according to your specifications, I thought you might know how to do it.
The internal USB 2.0 headers are both set to type Internal. However, try:
  • BIOS Setup --> Disable XMP Memory Profile 1.
    • We can set Memory Multiplier to 29.33 (for 2933 MHz).
    • Just remember: if you re-enable XMP Profile 1, set Memory Multiplier back to Auto.

Let me know.
I am there with you:lol::lol::lol:....
Good timing! Just posted a little update here:
and here:

I wondering if there is a ability to drive display via TB3(usb-c) to DP (monitor) using only iGPU UHD630 (internal)
on Catalina or Big Sur in full 4k-60Hz resolution ? I have tried difference efi's, settings, etc... but I got only working max 1080p 60Hz:( in other cases even if high resolution is working, then many programs don't work and the Internet pages don't open at all:( please share your efi, info etc... if someone can run such a configuration.
That shouldn't be a problem. Have you tried this in Windows? in macOS, use the AGDCDiagnose command to check the connection.

Will someone write me a script for rgb fusion off? because it doesn't work for me

Will someone write me a script for rgb fusion off? because it doesn't work for me
Please see the guide below:

Back