Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Thanks for this amazing guide ! Worked perfectly- and sleep seems fine with the Fenvi.

Does the same problem occur when connected to the 1 Gbps port (Intel i211)?

On my Vision D the 2.5 Gbps port works the same before and after several sleep cycles:
View attachment 486708View attachment 486709
The thing is that I can't tell when it starts to drop. It takes more than a few sleep cycles. I have switched back to wifi which outputs the same speed at the moment since I don't really need an ethernet cable at the moment. But I will monitor the bandwidth as it might be the same situation on wifi. I have not tried the 1Gbps link yet.

I checked my Vision-G also on i225-V after about a 6-hour sleep cycle and was getting close to gigabit speed, if that's a useful datapoint.
yes pb is that I don't know how many sleep cycles it takes to notice the issue. But I am keeping an eye now. will report later.

Does the same problem occur when connected to the 1 Gbps port (Intel i211)?

Not sure if you guys are talking this Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V hardware bug.

Packets received by the I225 v1 product link partner (the switch, router, or back-to-back controller it is connected to) that are received with a smaller IPG than 8 bytes on the MAC/PHY interface are dropped. When this occurs, the network connectivity is reduced from 2.5Gpbs to below 1Gpbs operation. In some scenarios with certain link partners, the operation can be as low as 1-10Mbps.

You can find this from I255-v datasheet:

1599136739450.png

So some routers may be affected while some do not. I even read V2 still has problem and there is V3. But I do not find it in Intel datasheet.

Specific models of Netgear, Juniper, and AQuantia infrastructure chipsets exhibit this variance, while those by Cisco, Huawei, Buffalo, and Aruba, don't.

It is interesting to know which version of I255-V is used by Gigabyte. It can be checked on the chip marking.

Not sure if you guys are talking this Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V hardware bug.

<table removed>

So some routers may be affected while some do not. I even read V2 still has problem and there is V3. But I do not find it in Intel datasheet.

Specific models of Netgear, Juniper, and AQuantia infrastructure chipsets exhibit this variance, while those by Cisco, Huawei, Buffalo, and Aruba, don't.

It is interesting to know which version of I255-V is used by Gigabyte. It can be checked on the chip marking.

Perhaps that is what this firmware update does? I applied it, and maybe that is why I haven't encountered issues with slow-downs? (all speculation)

Perhaps that is what this firmware update does? I applied it, and maybe that is why I haven't encountered issues with slow-downs? (all speculation)

That is hardware bug. It needs newer stepping for the chip. No firmware update can help. Old chips can choose Cisco, Huawei, Buffalo, and Arub routers to avoid the problem.

I have one of this Samsung SSD and may be used for next hackintosh. This is really bad news. However, do you try:

For all NVme SSDs, its recommended to use NVMeFix.kext to fix power and energy consumption on these drives

The higher than average heat is something I had even with NVMeFix.kext.

I had great performance regardless, and not sure how to notice the effects of TRIM partially failing, but the idle temps on Samsung 970 are much higher than Sabrent Rocket 4 in my case.

I wanna to change my ex memory ram, need advice to choose the best one?
here is my choice, but I'm not 100% sure which one will be compatible with the z490 Vision D.

question only to 64GB (2 x 32GB) 3600MHz + CL18

1. G.SKILL F4-3600C18D-64GTRG Trident Z Royal DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V 64GB (2x32GB)
2. G.SKILL F4-3600C18D-64GTZN Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V 64GB (2x32GB)
or RGB :confused:???
3. G.SKILL F4-3600C18D-64GTZR TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V 64GB (2x32GB)

I'm a bit confused about this description :confused::
Optimized for AMD Ryzen 3000 & AMD X570 Platform

is there some better ram for z490 vision D?

thanks

Last edited:
Back